Forums
May 02, 2024, 12:39 AM

Author Topic: Statik aliasing  (Read 14891 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Statik aliasing
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2023, 08:45 PM »
What you've said are things I've thought about and considered even in my teenage years lol.

They have absolutely no impact on the reasons why I think aliasing should be discouraged at the highest level.

It's not just about "website points", which also, seems to me like you are deliberately trying to downplay the importance of how I feel by saying it's "Just a website".

If I was to care so little about things I am passionate about, then why not skip everything entirely and say "It's just a life, why don't I kill myself?"

One of the more important points is authenticity and genuinely accurate statistics, this goes to EVERY kind of competitive competition in life, not just this game, not just this website, but everything.

By nature humans love competing against each other, and this is the reason why when stakes are high, there is absolutely no tolerance for people who cheat or alias.

While I still think you're a great person in general, your view on this feels very disrespectful and ignorant.

Offline rUNaW4y

• “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear”

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2023, 09:21 PM »
What you've said are things I've thought about and considered even in my teenage years lol.

They have absolutely no impact on the reasons why I think aliasing should be discouraged at the highest level.

It's not just about "website points", which also, seems to me like you are deliberately trying to downplay the importance of how I feel by saying it's "Just a website".

If I was to care so little about things I am passionate about, then why not skip everything entirely and say "It's just a life, why don't I kill myself?"

One of the more important points is authenticity and genuinely accurate statistics, this goes to EVERY kind of competitive competition in life, not just this game, not just this website, but everything.

By nature humans love competing against each other, and this is the reason why when stakes are high, there is absolutely no tolerance for people who cheat or alias.

While I still think you're a great person in general, your view on this feels very disrespectful and ignorant.

Dude, are you comparing your life to a game?

You are talking about an ideal world: you say that this should be applicable to everything, not only to a game but also to everything else in your/our life.

But, if so, why do we face wars, why do we face climate changes, why do face corruption, why do we face abuses, why do we face unfair behaviour in general, why do I deal with people that are above me at work, although they have less than 6 years of experience?

This is the way it goes, and nobody ever changed this.

You can not change the world by avoiding aliasing in WA. The world goes beyond an online game, you know.

I do not consider aliasing as cheating: if someone is the best, then why should he care about someone who is aliasing? He would beat him/her in any case, would not he/she?

I would have been happy if the main issue of the World was aliasing on wormnet, but unfortunately this is not the case.

I still think you are a good person too, but bear in mind that I am not a 13 years old guy posting these things for the sake of love or for the peace in the world, like an influencer of the World.

Peace,
rUNaW4y

Offline rUNaW4y

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2023, 09:27 PM »
By the way, I didn't want to open another topic here. I have just shared a result about my further investigation XD.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2023, 10:48 PM »
Just a website? This analogy can be applied to football ''It's just a ball''.

Both WA schemes and football are skill based, and therefore both have their fans. It is just that WA has a more niche fanbase.

This can be applied to any other games.

If something can provide meaning, than that's more then enough to keep supporting whatever that is.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline rUNaW4y

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2023, 11:32 PM »

Both WA schemes and football are skill based, and therefore both have their fans. It is just that WA has a more niche fanbase.

If something can provide meaning, than that's more then enough to keep supporting whatever that is.

Does it mean that if I provide a meaning to a racism based actions then it means that it is enough to support it, as you are mentioning, @Prabe? Who is in charge about what is wrong and what is right?  I think what you and Komo are saying is more related to a personal ideology about this game, which is fine but it should be kept at this level only. I might be wrong but this is what I think about this.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2023, 12:26 AM »

Does it mean that if I provide a meaning to a racism based actions then it means that it is enough to support it, as you are mentioning, @Prabe? Who is in charge about what is wrong and what is right?  I think what you and Komo are saying is more related to a personal ideology about this game, which is fine but it should be kept at this level only. I might be wrong but this is what I think about this.
Everyone can find meaning in something even if it is viewed as horrible and insignificant.

This is not a personal Ideology. It is a question what we as Individual gravitates too. Worms Armageddon has brought meaning to many people, and with that we have had expansion of various infrastructures. It brings people together, and that's enough meaning if you ask me. This can be applied to anything really: Churches, Football, Book Clubs, and whatever else. People have no time think deep about these topics, people simply enjoy the time spent in their community of choice.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2023, 01:16 AM »
Dude, are you comparing your life to a game?
Yes, I compare everything to everything, that's how I'm able to tell the difference between everything so well.

That's why I'm good at literally everything I do in life, and anyone can do that, it's not anything special or surprising.

You are talking about an ideal world: you say that this should be applicable to everything, not only to a game but also to everything else in your/our life.

I am not talking about an ideal world, I'm talking about competitive competition, and generally speaking most people agree with this, which is why all the most prestegious sporting events in the world go to such dramatic length to prevent cheating and imposters.

But, if so, why do we face wars, why do we face climate changes, why do face corruption, why do we face abuses, why do we face unfair behaviour in general, why do I deal with people that are above me at work, although they have less than 6 years of experience?

Exactly.

This is the way it goes, and nobody ever changed this.

With that attitude, things will never change, and you are part of the problem.

There's a saying... "If you can't beat them, join them" - Me personally, I'd rather die.

We have so many problems in the world alone because people have this mentality that it's too much effort to change things.

You can not change the world by avoiding aliasing in WA. The world goes beyond an online game, you know.

Actually, you can, every action you take changes the world, dramatically, in most cases it's on such an immediately small scale that you don't even realize it.

Though, cause & effect, think of it like a snowball rolling down a snowy hill.

Every action you take, affects something in a small way, but that small decision can have MASSIVE consequences for someone else along the line.

You missed crossing the road at the traffic lights, because someone delayed you by exactly 2 seconds. You think... What's 2 seconds huh? That 2 seconds made you wait another 30 seconds for the next green man to cross the road... Those 32 seconds made you miss a bus, the next bus isn't for 30 minutes now.

Now you're 30 minutes late, because of a 2 second delay.

This happens every second, every day, to billions of people.

Things escalate in a way I don't believe you have ever truly thought deeply about, or at least, you definitely don't show you're aware of it.

I do not consider aliasing as cheating: if someone is the best, then why should he care about someone who is aliasing? He would beat him/her in any case, would not he/she?

Aliasing IS literally cheating, by definition.

It does not matter that YOU don't consider it cheating, you're wrong. It's illegal in competitive sports in general for people to alias, to dupe accounts, to imposter other people(that's fraud by the way and can even put you in jail).

The fact you say this actually shocks me because I didn't think you were that ignorant, now, I believe you are a very smart & talented person in general, but you've experienced a moment of incredible stupidity right there. :D

It's ok, we've all been there, I do stupid stuff all the time too lol.

I would have been happy if the main issue of the World was aliasing on wormnet, but unfortunately this is not the case.

The world has many issues, one of the biggest in general is cheating, fraud, deceit. Aliasing is very closely related to deceit.

Sure sometimes it feels like an innocent joke, but generally speaking it's globally considered by most of the human race to be a very negative and toxic trait that most people despise.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2023, 06:53 AM »
aliasing isnt a problem so much as playing league games with an alias in an ELO-type scoring system, runaway's arguments miss that

everything else is just personal preference and philosophy

Offline rUNaW4y

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2023, 08:42 AM »
Although this point has been clarified a long time ago, it would have been hard to figure out Statik answering himself as Sir-J:

http://worms.org.ua/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1672&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

This is the only thing I was interested in sharing. Now we are mixing a lot of things that go beyond. Let us close this discussion here, lol.

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2023, 08:51 AM »
I'm more concerned about another thing, namely the extinction of the pro players of the Russian segment

analyzing situations that happened a very long time ago does not make sense.

it is a story whose archives should teach each of us something.

The only thing that I got from your statements is that you would like to ban Russian people, right?
Is that democratic/fair?

Are you driven by a war occurring in Ukraine which I am, personally speaking, aware of and worried about of course?

If so, you are not so different from who is performing this war, dude.

A lot of people are dead, but it seems you are still having your chair to play Worms Armageddon, so what is your concern about? Would banning Russian people from this game solve a national issue? Come on, just try to be not a hypocrite.

Come on dudes, WTF.. 34 years old people or 14 years old people, black people or white people, Christians or Muslims, from Ukraine or Russia, from Italy or USA.. aren't we still all brothers here?

In any case, what does this have to do with the topic we are discussing here, @Lancelot?

Peace,
rUNaW4y

I didn't mean it at all. do not bring up the topic of politics and war here, please.

I try to paraphrase my words as much as possible so that it is clear through the translator.

I wanted to say that Russian-speaking players with extensive experience in the game can hardly be found on wormnet. this problem threatens that a particular country or region will soon have no one to represent at the international level in WA.

it's more important that you're trying to investigate events that happened more than a few years ago.

does that make sense?

It seems to me that the threat of blocking accounts is enough not to try to play here in competitions with yourself using different accounts.

At least I will never do that.

Although I have to create game accounts for my friends who are reluctant to try to come here. but I have to create private cups here, because the system of tournaments and cups works perfectly on the tus site, for this respect to MI and those who helped

Offline Korydex

« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2023, 10:18 AM »
Statik playing against himself in other clan? XD https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-124284/

Offline Anubis

« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2023, 07:04 PM »
Guys I was just making a joke!

I know Statik isn't Sir-J, or is he? Damn he is making me a clown again, curse you Statik, CURSE YOU!  >:(

Offline rUNaW4y

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2023, 08:49 PM »
Guys I was just making a joke!

I know Statik isn't Sir-J, or is he? Damn he is making me a clown again, curse you Statik, CURSE YOU!  >:(

lol