Forums
April 27, 2024, 08:39 PM

Author Topic: Style BnG league  (Read 8364 times)

Offline Abnaxus

Re: Style BnG league
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 10:42 PM »
Quote from: a2b
1. No straight bazooka shots.
2. No sitters.
3. No repeat shots.
    * If you hit someone for 34 HP or less with a shot, you can't use that same shot again until you have hit them with a different one.
    * If you hit someone for 35 HP or more with a shot, you can't use that same shot again until either you or they have moved.
4. No 5 second grenades unless used with low gravity or max bounce
5. All shots should be aimed to explode on impact with the opponents worm.
6. Re-aim the crosshair between every turn, regardless of whether you landed a hit last turn or not.
7. Don't teleport too close to your opponent's worm (try to stay at least half the map away).
8. No notching unless you can't help it (ie, your perfect aim is 1 or 2 taps off vertical).
9. No telecides (teleporting on your opponent when you have low health in order to inflict grave damage on them).
10. No defensive girders, only use girders for bouncing nades.
11. 3 points for a win.
12. 1 point for a loss.
13. Seasons last 2 months.

The 3rd rather be "If you hit someone for 17HP (or something this way) or more with a shot, you can't use that same shot again until you have hit them with a different one.".
Because with the 35HP or more, it means the shooter has to move (using teleport) after he hit: so he loses a turn.

Except if this rule is there to oblige people training their damage skills.
But then, it would be a very pro league: and even Komodo wouldn't be good enought (Are you ? :p).
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 12:03 AM »
i agree Abnaxus!
because i think if we can choose one lower limit, that can avoid repeat shots better. (for low hits: who wants to repeat a shot, that hits something around, or under 15 HP? and even if they want, the other can move - or shot better.)

Offline Ramone

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 12:45 AM »
Because with the 35HP or more, it means the shooter has to move (using teleport) after he hit: so he loses a turn.

I think you've misunderstood this one. It doesn't mean that you need to teleport and lose a turn, it means that (for example) if U hit me with 4 sec nade and took 35 or more HP's from me, U shouldn't hit me again with 4 sec nade until one of us change our spot (means that U can be moved by hit, or with blowtorch...), anyway u have all other shots to use (U don't need to move!)

Anyway, rules are not the problem.. If it's "invite only" league (which should be (in my opinion))... It's just about playing good and fair bng.. (I remember that no one has ever mention anything about rules while we we're playing a2b league..)

So... what do I think:
Should i wipe previous members/games and start fresh?

Yes, start fresh, it's kinda re-opening.. and would be much easier for everyone..
(tho, I do remember my password! :) )
Does it want to be a private, invite-only league?

Yes, few admins should choose (with council suggestions ;P) who should be invited.. (this is only the best way to prevent those little devils to destroy all the fun ;))
The visual design is pretty basic, Komo just wanted a quick league system that functioned.

I'm fine with the basic visual design... Wouldn't mind if anyone wanna improve it, but I wouldn't delay the whole thing because of a design..
Here's whats on the current rules page, do any changes need to be made?

Not. This is all fine...

Lets roll!?  ;D

Offline M3ntal

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2010, 04:29 AM »
The 3rd rather be "If you hit someone for 17HP (or something this way) or more with a shot, you can't use that same shot again until you have hit them with a different one.".

Except if this rule is there to oblige people training their damage skills.
But then, it would be a very pro league: and even Komodo wouldn't be good enought (Are you ? :p).
If i remember, that rule was made to disuade people from hiding in spots with only 1 firing angle.  If you place yourself somewhere that gives you a range of different shots it isn't a problem, as you can try a different shot rather than teleporting.  If it turns out that you are hitting them for max damage every time regardless of the shot, missing a turn to teleport every 4-5 tiurns isn't going to cause you many problems because you've won the league with those skills :P.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Ho ok, wasn't thinking about this, that's a good rule then.
But anyway, you should make the first part of the 3rd rule around 15HP: because repeating a 15Hp nade damage is still too much (but if it's an invite only league, there wouldn't be such cheapers).

And I agree with Ramone about the "invite only".

PS: When does this #@!&% Komo will come back !? >.<
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:17 AM by Abnaxus »

Offline obscure

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2010, 06:29 PM »
rules are just fine and as ramone said we never had a problem with them,but i was hoping for a new design,thats why i asked MI to host a league here,but i have no problem with the a2b,its very good to have it back,i agree with a few admins who invite the others.
MonkeyIsland on August 26, 2010, 09:39 am:I'm considered as a noob

Offline M3ntal

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2010, 07:55 AM »
Ok, it's up and running at http://a2b.clansfx.co.uk

Ramone & Obscure: I've made you both admins due to the fact i'm not very active, it's up to you two to figure out who to invite and to try and keep the league active.  Your logins are the same as before.  Obscure; if you can't remember your login details i'll delete your account and send you an invite so you can create a new one.

I've set Season 1 to start at midnight GMT as it's 1st April which is a nice date to start on :D.

I'll have a go at a redesign if no-one else has any ideas, but it may be a week or two before i start.

Looking at the database again reminded me that i did set it up to be able to handle one-off events like tournaments and stuff, but never got around to creating the pages.  I can still do this at some point if you want, but only if people will actually use it.  If so, it may be worth making the tournaments public and just keeping the league private.

Offline darKz

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2010, 09:30 AM »
Ahh nice to have a2b back, thanks Liam. :)
I'd be up for it again, though I may not be super active.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Ramone

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Thanks M3ntal, that was quick!!!   :)
darkZ! nice to see U back!!
I'm not much active these days, but I'll try to keep this thing rolling as much as I can...
I should have some more free time after 4-5 days from now...

Ok, quick introduction:

a2b (addicted to bng) - as it says, is a league for all bng addicts and ppl who likes to play good bng  :)
It's a private league, hosted and formed by b2b (born to bng) community members.
It's "invite only" based league, so if you wanna have fun with us and compete with all good bng players, send an e-mail to me or to obscure and you'll get your invitation... maybe..  :P

My e-mail: petjoni[at]hotmail.com  

Don't forget that a2b is here for healthy competitions and enjoying good and fair bng.. Not for bitching, disputation and jerking off.. (excuse my french..)

Let the games begin,
Enjoy and have fun!!!  :D
Cheers!

Offline Prankster

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2010, 12:38 PM »
what about the 4 sec max power shots?
any rule to forbid it, or invite only ppl who dont do that?

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2010, 01:12 PM »
4sec full power nades aren't cheap if there are not repeat again and again. .)

They now look bad cause most of the league players were abusing of it.
But in a great BnG game, it can be very nice !

Btw, Good Job M3ntal for that quick open.
I hope I'll see some god BnG players, to remember old great time. ^^

Offline obscure

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2010, 08:36 PM »
ye thanks mental,i remember my account,prankster as long as players stick to rules there will be no problem

Offline obscure

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 08:40 PM »
and if u want to get an invitation link as ramone said let us know,my email is kasra_obscure@yahoo.com,u may get 1

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2010, 10:25 PM »
The invit link doesn't work (error 404).

Maybe m3ntal didn't place those pages in on the new server.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2010, 11:39 PM »
The invit link doesn't work (error 404).

Maybe m3ntal didn't place those pages in on the new server.

Sry about that, it will be fixed soon..
There's a "thing" with a link, U need to paste it differently, but it will be fixed soon..

Stay tuned  ;)