Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:48 PM

Author Topic: Summer time blues???  (Read 7046 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Summer time blues???
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2014, 06:44 PM »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2014, 07:10 PM »
oh

he main symbol/emote of Twitch.tv. It represents sarcasm, irony, puns, jokes, and trolls alike. If you see this term used outside of Twitch.tv, then this is not the correct definition.

you're doing it wrong
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2014, 08:14 PM »
It works everywhere, this works too:

Offline avirex

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2014, 11:35 PM »
there is no doubt that the league needs a reset...

because im lazy, im not going to actually do research, so im sure some jackass will tell me how im one number off, and there for try to discredit my entire post.

but here goes...

ill bet there is less then 5 top 20 all around overall pts holders, that are active on TUS... it makes it almost impossible, if not impossible to ever reach the level of success they have...

how is that fair?? because they started TUS at an earlier time, or took it more serious from the start then other members, they should forever hold their rank?? i dont think thats fair, or an accurate way to measure skills, points, and ratings of current members...

i have a theory, and of course there is no way to prove this.... but i believe that if Mablak came back to worms today (the man that 90% or more of all wormers believe to be hands down the best overall player) he would not be able to reach rank 1 in todays TUS...  assuming Random, Barman, Zippo, Crash, etc do not come back as well, and offer him a shot at winning some of their points.

if however he was able to over come the odds, and reach rank 1, it would take him nearly 10x as long as it took the other top 10 players... i cant see anything fair about rewarding the players who got there first... the system seems backwards... when you reach a high rank, you should have to fight to maintain it, not sit comfortably knowing its safe for as long as TUS is alive. 

should we give a good old fashion TUS vote, to see if rating should be reset? lol

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2014, 08:37 AM »
Mablak could have played from day to last year, stopped completely, and I doubt anyone would ever reach number 1. It's all about staying in the league and never leaving.

I do agree though, it's a shitty system that was only put in place to guarantee a reasonable activity of the league in its begining. Like all the features that were thrown upon us at the start, with the only reason of bringing hits to the site.

And now, years laters, lots of hotfixes have been applied to make it more "fair", but because the pilars of foundation are just greedy stones, it's all about to collapse. And if it doesn't, its habitants will demolish it.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2014, 11:46 PM »
yeah, the rating system itself seems great, seems fair, and to some degree, accurate, and rewarding when putting in hard work...

but at some points, you seem to hit a wall in the system, and you just cant go any farther, and that wall is the top10 players that are inactive...

its impossible to get their points, if they dont play... and they dont care to play, because they have already had their success, and there is nothing more for them to look forward to.. there is no more goal to reach... 

resetting the league could give the top10 a reason to come back to worms, and could give incentive for everyone else to compete in the league as well... its really a win win situation...

how come when there is an important discussion going on, the people that really matter never voice an opinion??  its as if we discuss things on TUS for no reason at times...  or even if there is a reason to discuss them, all we can look forward to is some silly poll...    its a bit frustrating to say the least

Offline Ryan

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2014, 01:57 AM »
I agree that the system is definitely more short term, benefitting those that got there first, but it was there with best intentions.

MI has obviously taken no personal gain from the shortcomings of this system, it is as much the players which cause the problems.

In my opinion any cumulative stats cause a problem because they cause a comparison between players in different eras which is all relative to activity and competition.

Literally getting rid of these cumulative stats will encourage new people to get involved without fear of legacy stats or false accumulation of points.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:36 AM by Ryan »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2014, 07:29 AM »
It would be nice to know who has read all this, how they feel about it, how other people feel about it and if there is any chance it will ever happen.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2014, 10:28 AM »
How about to just ask the top 10 (if possible) inactive players if they actually mind "losing" their points. If the majority says go for it the TUS staff has no reason to not do it.

Offline SPW

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2014, 11:33 AM »
Interesting, that only inactive players are posting here. Except Avi. :) Maybe cause it just doesnt change anything if we reset all stats?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2014, 12:41 PM »
Interesting, that only inactive players are posting here. Except Avi. :) Maybe cause it just doesnt change anything if we reset all stats?

I am only inactive because of the reasons i've previously stated in this thread.

I would definitely get active if there was something to play for, and I don't mean money, who gives a f@#! about money, the best things in life come free of money.

« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2014, 01:43 PM »
It would be nice to know who has read all this, how they feel about it
I support the idea

Offline Ryan

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2014, 01:55 PM »
Minus the random money rant you've actually been quite diplomatic, which is good.
Along with the appeal of the game going down, overall ratings require serious effort to compete in.
People are more like to play or even return where they can immediately compete.
There should be more focus and attention on current ratings (short and refreshed seasons, maybe even a less complicated point system) and the aceptance that this game is 16 years old and simply losing appeal.

Offline ANO

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2014, 07:02 PM »
worms is a '80-'90 game... we are old, work, women, parties, babies.. we can only hope in these new entries and in the fat ball auhauha

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2014, 09:00 PM »
worms is a '80-'90 game... we are old, work, women, parties, babies.. we can only hope in these new entries and in the fat ball auhauha

Yeah, I mean realistically, not many people have time to compete, let alone try to compete with Random00s standings when the top players don't even play anymore...

@Ryan - Yeah, I need to stop swearing on international forums, it makes me look angry when I am perfectly happy lol.