Forums
April 28, 2024, 09:39 PM

Author Topic: Summer time blues???  (Read 7047 times)

Offline avirex

Summer time blues???
« on: June 30, 2014, 10:53 PM »
whats the deal with the current clan league??

is it just a summer time funk, people have more important things to do, beaches, parties, clubs to attend?

or is worms slowly dying??

what can we do about it??

Re: Summer time blues???
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 11:20 PM »
i could start topic like this: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/sx-public-forum/message-to-the-other-clans-24701/
and so i did, not much of profit xDd
we need to force inactive players to come back, maybe WO can do the job?

Offline rU`

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 11:44 PM »
Worms definitely needs renovation. People are also tired to play against the same clans over and over. My suggestion, kill dt,  kill ckc, etc, death to all the old clans (at least temporary)  and make new clans of 4-5 members. Worth a try, I'm sure ;D
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 01:10 AM »
I'd like the FUGA's idea, but killing all clans is like killing amazing stories :\

Offline avirex

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 01:44 AM »
FUGA, that idea is great in theory.. but in reality it sux... everyone suggests that, but if you think about it, it would not help anything, would actually hurt the activity.

think about it, dt has about 8 active members (if you can even call us active)

avirex, free, crazy, nivman, titahemp, dibz, sto cazzo, kaleu.

you will have a hard enough time catching 2 of us online as it is, if you split the clan into half, your chances of finding 2 members of the same clan online has also split in half.

so, all though it sounds great to have more clans, in smaller groups, its just not profitable.

we need to find a way to bring activity back, and splitting clans up is not the answer, i dont believe.

btw: didnt see your post there Impo.. but its a nice one.. gj! ill try to be more active myself.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 07:06 AM »
beaches, parties, clubs to attend?

this !  ;D

Offline Farco/Ghost

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 07:25 AM »
I see Fox/UC members are pretty active clans. Why not ask them for clanners/tus leagues? I personally just got bored of WA and just stop playing Worms completely.
For God so love the world, that he give his only begotten son, that who so ever believes in Him, putting their faith and trust on him, they will not go to hell or devil, will never perish and will have everlasting life.

I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Offline Free

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 09:03 AM »
FUGA, that idea is great in theory.. but in reality it sux... everyone suggests that, but if you think about it, it would not help anything, would actually hurt the activity.

think about it, dt has about 8 active members (if you can even call us active)

avirex, free, crazy, nivman, titahemp, dibz, sto cazzo, kaleu.

you will have a hard enough time catching 2 of us online as it is, if you split the clan into half, your chances of finding 2 members of the same clan online has also split in half.

so, all though it sounds great to have more clans, in smaller groups, its just not profitable.

we need to find a way to bring activity back, and splitting clans up is not the answer, i dont believe.

btw: didnt see your post there Impo.. but its a nice one.. gj! ill try to be more active myself.

IMO splitting clans is the answer. It gives new kind of motivation, you put more effort into clanning with your newly found tight group becauz you wanna be the bezt.

Though I could never leave U Avi <3

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 09:09 AM »
just put a max on members
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 12:33 PM »
I think the problem is that there aren't many (or any..) newbies who would like to play competitively. What I mean is when i go in #AG, there are not less people as 3-4 years ago, or even more, but if you take a look at the hosts, 90% of them are supersheeper and some variety of full wormage. When me and my old clanmates were playing for about 2 or 3 months, we already started the Hungarian League, coz it was not enough for us to play without any goal.

I think you can't force old people to come back and play 24/7. Old players have already done something in their worms career. It should be the "task" of young players to compete against Random00's records, make new clans to fight with us, or even get some oldschool into their team to make a strong base. I think there must be players like this, but unfortunately they can't find the game or TUS..
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:34 PM by Tomi »

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 12:49 PM »
Bring div1 (16 players max) and div2 to TUS.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 02:06 PM »
This will answer your question avi

http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question105315.html

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Anubis

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 02:45 PM »

I think you can't force old people to come back and play 24/7. Old players have already done something in their worms career. It should be the "task" of young players to compete against Random00's records, make new clans to fight with us, or even get some oldschool into their team to make a strong base. I think there must be players like this, but unfortunately they can't find the game or TUS..

Exactly, I have played 9 years straight W:A with no breaks and in no way I feel responsible to the inactivity of W:A clans. Most new players haven't even played 9 years let alone have been around for 14 years. Also, I have no interest in leaving dt, killing off dt would make a comeback for me absolutely pointless. I don't see myself even remotely enjoying W:A without dt.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 07:13 PM »
Bring div1 (16 players max) and div2 to TUS.

I like that suggestion, it could boost activity by bringing more motivation to all players (both old players and the promising ones). Do it CL2K-style ^^ div1 anyone?? div1 ne1? It's something different, if you can ask around for a div1 in AG. Even if it sounds silly you do feel more recognized.. Atleast it was a big deal back then. Anyhow I think a change in the league system is necessary to motivate players (the base of players has been pretty much the same the past years) and more motivated players should mean more activity...

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 08:41 PM »
is it just a summer time funk, people have more important things to do, beaches, parties, clubs to attend?

Reading books xd  :)