Forums
May 05, 2024, 02:22 AM

Author Topic: TEL-System - Need a change?  (Read 6036 times)

Offline SPW

TEL-System - Need a change?
« on: December 29, 2010, 11:52 AM »
TEL-League is based like classic one and that makes me thinking about the whole system.

What happens in TEL-Season #2 when "Overall-Points" does matter? It will be like at classic, some players - new one's but not newbies - will have a big advantage to get into it.

I don't like that when I'm really honest.

My proposals:

- Every new season starting at zero. -> Reset.
- Only "Season-Points" matters for playoff qualification.
- Every half-a-year we could play an "Overall-Playoffs" with the best Eliter's for past 6 months.

I want to have the best players in every season in it and not just those one's, which got a big advantage by starting at zero / low overall points or leaning back because of an huge overall-point score.

And maybe we should also talk about the limit. 15 games is too high. I don't want to see some more 15-0 series like it happend in season #1. This absolutely makes no sense and we should stop making that possible. I'd prefer 8 games or even more, if there is a limit per week (f.E. 4 à week / 12 à season).

I'm wondering what other Eliter's are thinking about all this. Or maybe someone has other proposals? Or is everyone just happy with the current system?

Cheerz

Offline HHC

Re: TEL-System - Need a change?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 12:01 PM »
I'm with you.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 12:17 PM »
I totally agree with you, except for your proposal with the game limit, don't be angry or anything at me for playing with peja 15 games in a row, we were both drunk and having ALOT of fun, I thought you would be kind of glad I am taking Elite seriously now, i've only been playing Elite seriously for just under 2 weeks so it's not like I was trying to take advantage of peja or anything I don't have alot of experience, it's not like I am n00b bashing or anything, cuz I am a n00b at Elite lol, but I am trying, I really am... It just started out about 6-7 games having fun, then we decided to go for a record 15 TELs in a row just for the fun of it and because the Season is close to ending so we can play alot again next Season, we were messing around with different special weapons and trying some fun things.

I have played and beat some good players 2 :(

If I am wrong, sorry, but I think you are talking about me, with "no more 15-0" cuz if I am not mistaken I am the only person that's played someone else 15 times already, at least 15-0, I honestly think I would lose at least 5 of those.

I mainly started playing this because I was drunk one night playing os, and we had a ridiculous amount of fun and it really got me hooked to Elite, I think it would be unfair to reduce the amount of games, because there are some people I really enjoy playing alot of games with regardless of win/lose.

If someone beats someone else 15-0, so what? What is the big crime in this? The Season lasts like 2 months or something so if someone beats someone else 15-0 in 6-7 hours or 2 months, what's the difference? What can I do lol?

Please, i'm innocent lol !

Offline nino

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 12:59 PM »
i was checking standings then i saw komo into playoffs, i was like ohh , then i checked his games and saw 15-0 vs peja then i thought, ok now i got it haha.

well i agree that 8 games limit is enough, more than that would be pointless.

iam with u SPW.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Agneau

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 01:07 PM »
i agree
this system doesnt fit to tel coz there is only 1 schem

in classic league its more or less ok since u can choose ur schem and even a pro in a schem can be owned by a good all rounder with the point system

in tel at season 3 random will be with 90 won and 10 losses
and less than 1000 points lol

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 01:47 PM »
What's wrong with peja? He beat Random !

Offline nino

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 01:51 PM »
haha komo, not really a problem, he beat me too uhauha.

but imo 15 games vs the same player is too much.

<3 u and  >3 peja cos king

Offline SPW

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 02:05 PM »
Game-Limit isn't a big deal, I agree there. And also Peja told me he had a lot of fun playing those games with Komo. I really believing you, so just lets talk about more important points than the game-limit.

In tel at season 3 random will be with 90 won and 10 losses
and less than 1000 points lol

That's the problem with the current system. Sure, Random will reach PO's again, even with a very low season rank, but where's the sense make it possible thru the overall-rank? Since TEL is only one scheme we could easy change the system and cursing into a system like ESL, WEL or any similar systems. So after each season there would be a reset.

But maybe an "Overall-Playoff" would not have any point too cause the chance is high enough, that same players will play it like normal playoffs.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 02:06 PM »
How is 15 games too much? I think it's not enough ! xD

Seriously though, I don't really care what you all think, if I find an opponent that makes me laugh as much as lalo oldsock and peja do, i'll play them over and over and over again no matter who wins and loses, after all THIS is the true spirit of worms.

You all care too much about points lol...

Edit: Just read your post after I wrote this SPW, and, thank you :):):)

Besides, peja got so close to winning more than half of those games.

This is for peja, and I quote:

"I will always remember my Xmas day Elite marathon with Komo :)"

I will always remember too, one of the best sets of games i've ever played, was a pleasure and an honor :)

Offline Husk

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 02:13 PM »
im quite upset, u stole my playoffs spot x;

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 02:17 PM »
If only we could find a way to carefully rank each player, for example, Mablak/Random both get 10, franz/mir/SPW etc get 9, husk/uber/nino etc get 8 and so on, I would get something like 3-4 lol. (This is just an example, don't be offended lol)

If you beat Random, you get 10 points, if you beat husk you get 8 points, if you beat me, you get 4 points.

If there was a way to do this, I think this would be a good way to do it with a Seasonly reset system, but, how could we fairly judge someones skill? Maybe start the 1st Season everyone gets 5 points for a win, and then rank people by the order of the standings at the end of the Season, then it begins?

Just an idea, even if people don't like it, might light a bulb in someone elses head.

And Husk, I was thinking that, I didn't think I was gonna reach Playoffs, cuz I beat lalo 3-1 and went to check standings, and noticed I was like 8th or something and I PM daina saying "ahahahaha let's laugh at lalo I stole his PO spot, he gonna be so mad lol" and we had some fun with that, lalo was unimpressed to say the least haha, all in good spirit :)

(^^ lalo will smite me for this LOL !)

Husk, on Thursday, if I am available, we can play some TEL if you wanna get my points :P

Offline DENnis

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Hey TELers  :D,

I agree with SPW, because I always like it most if it is as fair as possible.

Best regards,

DENnis

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 02:25 PM »
How exactly 15 games is too high? it is 15 games in 8 weeks. That makes it almost 2 games per week!
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Husk

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 02:31 PM »
so we have to say it out loud then. most of us didn't know peja plays elite, and seeing komo getting his spot to playoffs for winning 15 games against peja, might look like the system is flawed.
* Husk hides

edit: the thing is, if me and my friend were drinking alcohol. my friend can't play his best because he thinks its fun to waste 2 ropes just to skunk his own worms, thanks to alcohol. we would play 15 games and id win them all and report them while other ppl have got the same amount of points from playing several seriously playing wormers. its the first season of tel, of course any1 with any sense of competitiveness tries to get to the playoffs. oh boy i need fresh air.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:50 PM by Husk »

Offline nino

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 02:57 PM »
lol husk

well i dunno explain whats wrong tbh but something is wrong with this system indeed, i remeber when TEL started i was like 17 wins ---  3 loses, and i was 2nd or 3rd in general rank.. then i lost 3 or 4 games then falled a lot in the positions  ; / . after go to my room, cry for like 2 or 3 hours, it is all fine now.