Forums
May 16, 2024, 02:22 PM

Author Topic: TRL wtf...  (Read 11373 times)

Offline GreatProfe

Re: TRL wtf...
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2011, 12:30 PM »
naaa Krezo, i limited the tele number but still is possible do teletactic.

What i saw is that many people only play hysteria using f8 f8 f8 f8 f8 f8.

Man, f8 all time is unfair. Its like not reaim before each shot in bng.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2011, 01:59 PM »
I was starting to get really into hysteria but the scheme obviously needs a revamp. Random turn order was definitely an improvement. Instead of people constantly ploping there own worms why not use just 1 worm per team and 200 health? Just a suggestion since it usually always ends up 1v1 anyways and its not a real advantage to have lots of worms.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Camper

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2011, 02:13 PM »
you guys are always 'aa f@#! stupid luck scheme'... Now you wanna put random worms. So?

Leave it as it is. If you guys cant stand at pilling, who cares. IT IS hysteria

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2011, 02:24 PM »
you guys are always 'aa f@#! stupid luck scheme'... Now you wanna put random worms. So?

Leave it as it is. If you guys cant stand at pilling, who cares. IT IS hysteria

When i heard it i think "aiaiaiaiai if there isnt tele inf how can i win?"

No one is saying "no piling in hysteria". Just we are saying "porra lets play, stop f8!"

@Dub: if 1vs1 i believe that will be bng... In WO Gal hosted this one and i dont like it...

@Random turn: i guess nice but the scheme becomes lucky :/

Offline Husk

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2011, 02:40 PM »
worms selection at the beginning of turn

pros:
-having more worms actually is a good thing
-suiciding without inflicting grave damage / push is dumb

cons:
-you have to be fast to select the right worm and pull of an attack

conclusion:
you actually have to kill your opponent's all 4 worms, rather than just the one that didn't commit suicide. plopping yourself becomes a fail, not a tactic.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2011, 02:42 PM »
select worms in start requires 1 sec more i think but isnt bad idea :)

Offline Husk

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2011, 03:10 PM »
I was able to change worm + jetpack + lg + nade, it wouldn't be hysteria if we had 2 secs.

Let's face it, hysteria is a noob friendly scheme: anyone can do jetpack + mine. Having to plan and hit the tab key x amount of times before you choose your weapon, aim and shoot, would actually require the player to pay attention to the game. In the honor of hysteria, it would continue what this scheme is all about, trying to do stuff u never thought possible all in 1 second turntime. I admit something like tab+jp+lg+nade+fuse would be a hell to pull off, but thats what hysteria is all about.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:28 PM by Husk »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2011, 03:11 PM »

pros:

cons:

conclusion:
you actually have to kill your opponent's all 4 worms, rather than just the one that didn't commit suicide. plopping yourself becomes a fail, not a tactic.

Good idea but I would hide 3 of my worms so they cant b damaged n fight 1 worm at a time

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2011, 03:21 PM »

Good idea but I would hide 3 of my worms so they cant b damaged n fight 1 worm at a time

Well you'd be fighting over the odds then. I mean, it's not like you have any advantage going 4v1 with Husk's scheme
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2011, 03:26 PM »
ii would say he does....  husk having 4 worms out to fight does not improve his accuracy, or percentage to hit...

but it does improve dubs percentage to make a hit.... obviously much easier for dub to attack 1 out of 4 worms.. then husk to only be able to hit 1....

dub > husk :p

Offline Husk

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2011, 04:00 PM »
good point =P

However, I would share the same accuracy and percentage to hit with dub;
He would have to hit the tab key 3 times to have his attacking worm's turn.
If I wanted to choose the worm that is in biggest danger from dub's attacks, I would have to press the tab key 3 times aswell before choosing and aiming my weapon. However, I don't have to use the specific worm, I have 3 other worms out there on the roof that I can use without stressing with selecting the right worm at the beginning of every turn.

There's more you could do in such a situation; You could move your worms to safety, be it the potential victim or all of your worms or you could confront opponent's hidden worms.

I rly don't know how this would work, I havn't given it a good test.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2011, 04:53 PM »
ii would say he does....  husk having 4 worms out to fight does not improve his accuracy, or percentage to hit...

but it does improve dubs percentage to make a hit.... obviously much easier for dub to attack 1 out of 4 worms.. then husk to only be able to hit 1....

dub > husk :p

And yet Husk can shoot from 4 different positions whilst DubC is restricted to one, much easier to defend against.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2011, 04:58 PM »
With the worm selecting if the "3 tab press" worm is in danger, so it's hard to select and do anything by him in time, you can counter-attack scaring your opponent with the ability of killing/damaging one of his worms. Then if he tryes to save his worm, it becomes easier to save your worm, which was "3 tab press" before (the amount of tab presses becomes less then 3). Also he still can kill/damage your "3 tab press worm", but then you can revenge him by killing/damaging the worm you've been coming close by the counter-attack.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:19 PM by Korydex »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2011, 06:32 PM »
good point =P

However, I would share the same accuracy and percentage to hit with dub;
He would have to hit the tab key 3 times to have his attacking worm's turn.
If I wanted to choose the worm that is in biggest danger from dub's attacks, I would have to press the tab key 3 times aswell before choosing and aiming my weapon. However, I don't have to use the specific worm, I have 3 other worms out there on the roof that I can use without stressing with selecting the right worm at the beginning of every turn.

There's more you could do in such a situation; You could move your worms to safety, be it the potential victim or all of your worms or you could confront opponent's hidden worms.

I rly don't know how this would work, I havn't given it a good test.

Definitely worth testing out imo.

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2011, 07:09 PM »

pros:

cons:

conclusion:

I agree this seems to be the best "solution'.

Another hyst cup experiment?
worm and learn