Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:29 PM

Author Topic: Tus League alias clans  (Read 4760 times)

Re: Tus League alias clans
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 01:39 AM »
Alias tournaments could work though :)
nah, when I need to play tourney with alias I play WO jaja
there even playin aliases from pp clan

Offline avirex

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 02:28 AM »
its funny how some of the people who complain about trolling, are here trolling with "epic fail"

if you think its a bad idea, give some valid reasons, that is why i made the thread so we can all brainstorm about it, and look into the pros/cons..

im not sure its a great idea, but i do think it has potential to be alot of fun, and im glad darkz is on board :D

darkz come on msn once in a while so we can talk about this further, maybe even a MSN chat with MI, and work out all the details.

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 02:36 AM »
can be just 1 season? for the lulz i mean

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 02:53 AM »

Offline Ramone

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Get a life.
While U do it, suck my ass.
 :-*

Offline darKz

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 07:33 PM »
darkz come on msn once in a while so we can talk about this further, maybe even a MSN chat with MI, and work out all the details.

I don't have a lot of time these days.. Guess I'll be on MSN tomorrow evening (GMT time ofc) though. :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2011, 07:17 AM »
Throwing this in because I can:

Worms Alias League

Introduction:

The Worms Alias League is a project that Anubis and darKz came up with in 2006 (or so), basically it's a league in which you're playing under an alias nickname by default, making the whole thing more interesting and fun. It's intended to be a completely new league experience.

Features:

The system will give every player a random nickname upon registration, generated with a database (like there could be 3 components, a prefix, suffix and a number or something like that -> "SlumTiger207" for example). Each player's WormNET nationality will be UK by default. People who don't speak English so well should refrain from writing more than the usual "hf", "bl", "ns", "gg" etc. in the chat to keep up their disguise. There will be a tutorial with all the details about the perfect disguise and some hints.
The players will have to keep their real nicknames hidden and only play with their alias nicknames.
Players will not see a standings table, they will only see their own current position in the league and whether they're qualified for playoffs.
After each set of games and upon reporting games the players will see a list with all the REAL nicknames of everyone registered in the league and are entitled to make a guess at who their opponent was. The system will not show if the guess was correct or not. A correct guess will give the guesser a slight point boost and the guessed a slight point reduction (maybe this should be calculated at the end of the season, or else the players could notice a correct guess). Revealing your identity, be it intentional or not, will result in a HUGE point penalty (this will have to be proven with a screenshot or replay) and your opponents will not be allowed to guess after a game with you for the rest of the season - your name will disappear from the list (ALTERNATIVE: ban for the duration of the spoiled season).
There will not be a "recent games" page - just a page with your own recent games, details about your personal record and vague general statistics, for example how many games have been played totally.
After each season the standings table is going to be revealed with all real nicknames and their respective aliases, the wins, losses, points, correct guesses, etc etc. The "recent games" page, or rather "season history", will also be revealed with all the real names, results, replays and point gain / loss, just like it's normal in TUS.

To prevent people from aliasing the other aliasers (lol), the system could give every player a different keyword at the beginning of each season - for example "sandwich". The player with the keyword "sandwich" will have to send a whisper to himself at the beginning of each game, containing this keyword. Since the replays are not going to be published until the end of the season and the opponent can't read your own private whispers this could be a very effective way to avoid impostering. Both players would have to upload their replays in this case.

You see, Anubis and I already did some brainstorming on an alias league. :D

2 things that make me not like this:

1. Random names? Sorry but I gotta be able to pick my own name not some lame random generated name lol

2. If I can't check the standings so I can deliberately play the best players then I don't even see the point making it a League.

Even though I said this in an innocent and calm manner, let's sit back and watch the idiots flame me for no reason(jus cuz I don't like the idea, even though I <3 Rene.)

Totally off topic here:

Something in this thread got me thinkin this lol, I was thinking earlier "oh, a "cheat" league would be cool, see who can cheat the best" but then I though, nah, no one would be interested cuz the only people who enjoy cheating are those who pretend it's their real skill, cuz they just want attention... Sad...

Offline avirex

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 12:01 PM »
im not digging the random names either... im glad someone else agrees..

and komo, its just not an option to play in the classic league as an alias, there would be just way too much corruption... but you can still play, and be the best you can be.. not knowing if the alias your up against is very hard to beat.. maybe its mablak... or very easy to beat, hell could be sniper...

and the fun in it will be everyone revealing their alias at the end of the season.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 12:04 PM »
im not digging the random names either... im glad someone else agrees..

and komo, its just not an option to play in the classic league as an alias, there would be just way too much corruption... but you can still play, and be the best you can be.. not knowing if the alias your up against is very hard to beat.. maybe its mablak... or very easy to beat, hell could be sniper...

and the fun in it will be everyone revealing their alias at the end of the season.

Actually, I like that idea now... You can't avoid people cuz you dunno who they are, and you only avoid people if you know they own you lol, wow, great idea lol, this could be more competitive than the league we have atm actually...

It'd be MUCH fairer results ! Seriously, f@#!ing +1 and 1/2 !

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2011, 12:17 PM »
what's the difference between you giving yourself an alias and having the system do it for you?

I see none, unless the person aliasing does something stupid like spell his actual nickname backwards or something
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2011, 12:21 PM »
i think the fun in it would be picking some cool, creative name.. and then creating a personality around that name...  otherwise the computer would generate us all names like ropa :(

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2011, 12:41 PM »
i think the fun in it would be picking some cool, creative name.. and then creating a personality around that name...  otherwise the computer would generate us all names like ropa :(

considering you'll probably remember my nickname until the day you die I say it serves its purpose.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline darKz

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 01:26 PM »
Well there was some thought in everything Kai and I came up with.. The random names make it so that everyone has an equally random name and noone gets caught easily because he has a typo or whatever in his name, even small details like that could reveal one's identity if there's already a suspiction because of something else.. You get what I mean?

Anyway those are just thoughts we came up with.. Of course they can be discussed. The system could also let you choose a name from a set of affixes or something. That would put the players a little more in control of their alias nicknames.

And yes Dave, the suggestion that you can't see the other players' position in the league is exactly for this very reason, to make avoiding literally impossible. :)
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 02:44 PM »
they could then be asigned randomly to randomly generated clans  :-X
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline darKz

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 02:48 PM »
they could then be asigned randomly to randomly generated clans  :-X

Yeah I thought that was obvious. Random clan league here we go!
~ Dubc 2010