Forums
April 28, 2024, 09:30 PM

Author Topic: Tus League alias clans  (Read 4757 times)

Offline avirex

Re: Tus League alias clans
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 04:41 PM »
nah... i was kinda thinking you can decide who u want in your clan, you can decide your clan name, and you can decide your name as well :X

its your own responsibility to keep your identity a secret, and not choose thing that will gave you away..

like my alias name will not be "PoolPlayinJailb1rd" and my clan bS - Ball Shavers.

Offline darKz

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 04:49 PM »
Good point.. We should consider that. Didn't the .txt also include writing alias tutorials so the players roughly know how to not give their identity away? I'm too lazy to go back 2 pages. xD
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline darKz

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2011, 06:40 PM »
Sorry for double post but I just had a chat with Komo.. Since he's too lazy to post here I'll just do it.

It's about alias clans.. We didn't come to an agreement whether or not it's good to tell your clanmates who you really are.

I said it's not good to tell them because that way it would possibly make your clanmates avoid you in the singles league (or vice versa). Also, even if you played each other, the "guessing" part wouldn't work.. So no fun in guessing who the opponent was, easy bonus points and kinda unfair to the rest of players. Now there could be a countermeasure against that by disabling the guessing-part for clanmates, but it would still spoil some of the fun imo.

Komo said it's fine to tell them if there's gonna be different nicknames for singles and for clans. It's actually a nice idea and would sort the things I worry about out but my main concern is that you gotta handle 3 identities if you're playing in both singles and clans.. Imagine you switch from playing singles to playing clanners, some other clan hosts up, you switch your name in the snooper but you forget to change it in game.. Chances are you're gonna reveal yourself. And if you play a lot of leagues, changing is gonna be such a hassle..

Opinions on the matter?
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2011, 07:51 PM »
It will be annoying if ppl uses the tool which shows ur ip and country where u r from. Mayb would be nice to try alias tourney first as its easy to host when we want
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline darKz

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2011, 08:05 PM »
It will be annoying if ppl uses the tool which shows ur ip and country where u r from. Mayb would be nice to try alias tourney first as its easy to host when we want

You can play WO and alias there if you want a tourney, it's no problem. :P How would playing a tournament help with setting up the league anyway? :D
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2011, 08:19 PM »
 i wanna play tourney where everyone is alias, not just 2 guys rofl
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline avirex

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2011, 03:38 AM »
darkz, i think you and komo are putting too much thought into this... and all though i liked some of the things u and anubis had in mind, i dont agree with it all...

the guessing game to gain points is silly... then people are just going to go to any extreme to find out who is who, like NC said.. its not impossible to find out.

and yeah, same name for singles and clanners... im not sure if you meant telling your normal clanmates what your alias is, or your alias clan mates....  obviously you should not tell your normal clan mates...

but your alias clan mates are going to know your true identity it would be up up to you if you want to play them in singles...  lets not make it to complicated making seperate alias for clanners/singles...

besides, there will be an alias clan limit of 5......    imo

Offline darKz

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2011, 02:27 PM »
the guessing game to gain points is silly... then people are just going to go to any extreme to find out who is who, like NC said.. its not impossible to find out.

You're entitled to your opinion of course.. I myself think it could be fun. And it was just a suggestion! :D

and yeah, same name for singles and clanners... im not sure if you meant telling your normal clanmates what your alias is, or your alias clan mates....  obviously you should not tell your normal clan mates...

but your alias clan mates are going to know your true identity it would be up up to you if you want to play them in singles...  lets not make it to complicated making seperate alias for clanners/singles...

Yeah well, it's just thoughts that came up.. Let's have MI code the basic form, then test it and see if we need improvements? That's what I'd suggest. :)

besides, there will be an alias clan limit of 5......    imo

Agreed. Maybe even 4.
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2011, 02:41 PM »
I think the funnest way would be to allow players to set their own clans before it starts, so you can do this with friends that are currently in a different clan to yours. Maybe have a special forum (that allows aliases) in which you can sign up your newly formed alias clan, then as new people choose to join this alias league, the forum can be used to host tryouts or whatever.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2011, 02:48 PM »
yeah.. i was thinking everyone is responsible to set up their own clan.. did not thin of alias tryouts.. that would be funny hahaha...

and darkkz, when i first read it, i thought ur points system was neat... but the more thought i put into it, it just encourages people to find out your alias in more ways then just behavior investigation?? lol i dunno what else to call it...

Offline Guaton

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2011, 03:18 PM »
this is gonna be fun!!  but i think it should be only for 1 season or 2 as much , i dont see this working longer than that

and ye , 4 or 5 per clan :U

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2011, 03:44 PM »
 this idea sounds fun but im thinking this might effect how active the regular clan league is, and u know not every1 is gonna keep their real name a secret

as guaton said it would probably only work for a season or two, it might not be worth all of the work and i dont really think enough clans are gonna just appear out of nowhere, maybe a week or two to form them before the standings would start would help it be active enough

another thought too is people never stay dedicated to one clan, people will start changing their clan and probably telling them whos in what clan

not saying this cant work but i think it could get messy if it does

Offline avirex

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2011, 03:55 PM »
yah, this should make take place quarterly.... so every 4 months bring it back for one season, with different names, and different clans...

and your right..  assuming MI is going to code this, and i think he said he would...

everyone should start looking for people to join their alias clan... i would try to establish that they want to join your clan b4 telling them the name you will use..

and ok, lets do teams of 4... so once you have a team of 4 PM monkeyisland your clan name and who is who...

thats atleast a start in the right direction.

edit: dont PM mi yet, maybe he wants to participate... and he will want som1 else to sort out everyones alias's? dunno...

MI, it would be nice if you post :p
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:57 PM by avirex »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2011, 10:49 AM »
this idea sounds fun but im thinking this might effect how active the regular clan league is, and u know not every1 is gonna keep their real name a secret

as guaton said it would probably only work for a season or two, it might not be worth all of the work and i dont really think enough clans are gonna just appear out of nowhere, maybe a week or two to form them before the standings would start would help it be active enough

another thought too is people never stay dedicated to one clan, people will start changing their clan and probably telling them whos in what clan

not saying this cant work but i think it could get messy if it does

I don't see why it'd matter about how active the regular clan league is considering it's the same players playing so it's still the same amount of games being played, plus more.

Your last 2 lines I share as my biggest concern, people in alias clan who maybe have arguement or just leave for new clan, giving away each others information.

Offline darKz

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2011, 11:14 AM »
If we make it so that clans aren't randomly created it's your own responsibility to get into a clan of people who you like? So just make changing clans in the season impossible? :S
~ Dubc 2010