May 20, 2024, 02:31 AM

Poll

Would you play in a Roper League ?

Yes
120 (53.3%)
No
105 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 223

Author Topic: TUS Roper League - Vote : yes or no ?  (Read 13163 times)

Re: TUS Roper League - Vote : yes or no ?
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2010, 12:39 AM »
a2b has nothing to do with TuS and has nowhere near the amount of activity, most of the people who play a2b don't even play TuS really.

There is no BnG league on TuS, so why are you saying BnG league should get the axe lol?

I know it has nothing to do with tus, but whether the roper league would be on the tus website or not, the only difference it would make would be what dub already said (ppl already registered, etc).  If the elite league was on a different website, it would be hardly any different than it is now.  my point is, I don't see why hosting a league on tus would make the all around league pointless.

I was just counting all of the schemes in the classic league that have a league now, hosted by tus or not.  you argued we have enough leagues.  I said bng would get the ax because you said we already had enough leagues (which is currently at 2).
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline avirex

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2010, 12:40 AM »
ok, komo does not feel there should be a roper league on TuS....

moving on.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2010, 12:45 AM »
Komo we've all been on TUS for longer than you. And I think we get your opinion about the subject. So please don't pollute this topic, and let debate here the people really insterested about this league.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2010, 12:50 AM »
I was just counting all of the schemes in the classic league that have a league now, hosted by tus or not.  you argued we have enough leagues.  I said bng would get the ax because you said we already had enough leagues (which is currently at 2).

a2b is totally different because we are a completely different community from TuS, we don't really care about activity and how classic something is, we enjoy BnG in a different way from this community which is why we setup our own thing, and after a whole year of a2b, we haven't even had 1 single complaint from any participant.

I wouldn't want a BnG league on TuS, and i'd actually vote against it if someone suggested it(not that anyone would lol) believe it or not.

So I agree with you there, if that is what you are implying.

Dogg, I have been on Wnet longer than you, what's your point? Time played is irrelevant.

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2010, 01:14 AM »
but I am trying to say whether or not a league is hosted on tus or not is irrelevant.  when it is on tus that just means they are taking advantage of an already coded league and it was convenient to add it. if a league is on a different website, that is fine, they just decided to put it on a different website.  so whether or not it is on the tus site is irrelevant... a league is a league, and right now we have two leagues that showcase a scheme that is in the classic league
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Anubis

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2010, 04:03 AM »
Hey, following the community more or less inactive again but I wanna add that I'd say that it could be very nice to have finally thrown away the all-around league idea. I mean if we are honest most popular schemes are so different that they surely deserve their own league. I would keep all schemes in classic, just that when you meet to play vs. each other you agree on 1 scheme which you play bo3. I mean surely people that have different tastes won't play as often anymore but to start off: Where is the point when Player 1 rules in rope and player 2 rules in elite for example? They can just simply report the game without playing because most likely they will win their favorite scheme 99%. It will take away noob bashing, because simply when you play vs. someone that actually enjoys the scheme chances are higher the person is more skilled.

I for example won't play the all-around league simply because of hysteria. I know it has skills in it but I just don't like the scheme, and I don't want to be forced to play a scheme I don't like. No problem with that, I don't complain about that, just tossing in an idea why this all-around league thing is probably too old fashioned, we have a lot more schemes to consider and you can't (or maybe shouldn't) enforce everyone to like all schemes and play them. It doesn't show real 'overall' skill as well, I am sure many competitive players learned some schemes just to be a better player. But the fun should be first priority not the competition. Especially in a fun league like this, we don't have prices or anything, everyone should be able to play, and ONLY play what he/she wants.

Just my thoughts on this.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2010, 11:34 AM »
That's a good point, but instead of killing the overall league, we should :

- Simplify it
- Create a ladder system for each scheme; get rid of the point system for those, and just count wins/loses. Like this we could have a separate standing table for each scheme :) Would be some kind of "mini-league". It could work without PO and just be a continuous ranking.

What do you think about this ?

Offline Devilage

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2010, 11:51 AM »
Nah dude tus system it's just fine...Having a roper league will only bring more activity to TUS, already 28 players man.

Nice idea too simon only count win or loses on roper league and make it one month to play, best 6 players got to fight for the first place. 1-2 3-4 5-6.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 11:55 AM by Devilage »

Smoking proud.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2010, 11:56 AM »
Nah dude tus system it's just fine...Having a roper league will only bring more activity to TUS, already 28 players man.

Nice idea too simon only count win or loses on roper league and make it one month to play, best 6 players got to fight for the first place. 1-2 3-4 5-6.

Ah true, didnt see the YES raised that much !

MI, I think that's enough to give a try ?

Offline flex

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2010, 01:29 PM »
The poll should be "would you play a roper league" or no poll at all... It's dumb to say "I dont want a roper league" because you dont like the scheme. I'm not into elite that much and I couldnt care less that there is TEL, I mean if you're not interested just move on. 

A roper league would bring more activity, and some "oldchool" players would get more active I think

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2010, 04:32 PM »
The poll should be "would you play a roper league" or no poll at all... It's dumb to say "I dont want a roper league" because you dont like the scheme. I'm not into elite that much and I couldnt care less that there is TEL, I mean if you're not interested just move on. 

A roper league would bring more activity, and some "oldchool" players would get more active I think

Ya the poll has some obvious flaws.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2010, 04:36 PM »
Nah the poll should be "do you want a roper league". Most of the people who wont play a roper league are going to vote no, although this way the people who would play can vote yes, and the people who wouldnt play but would still like to see a roper league (like me) can vote yes as well. Its open to more yes votes the way it currently is.

Its true that its silly to vote no simply because you dont like the scheme. The question we need to ask is would having a roper league benefit TUS? In my opinion the answer is yes, unquestionably. There is significant interest already (50/50) and there are still many people who would like a roper league that havent voted yet. Having a roper league wont affect activity in the other leagues at all, the only thing adding a roper league would do is INCREASE overall activity, which is a good thing!

The thing is, if we have an elite league and a roper league, I dont see why we couldnt have an individual league for every other scheme too. Id like to see a roper league, Id also like to see a ttrr league, id also like to see a Team17 league! I dont know what happened to the plans for a rotated league, but maybe we could have a rotated roping league switching between ttrr and roper every two months. Or even better have both a roper league (TRL) and a ttrr league (TTTL)!

...but right now we're talking about a roper league, and I see no good reason not to add one to TUS. There is nothing to lose and everything to gain. If it proves to be inactive then you can simply get rid of it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 04:41 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline avirex

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2010, 11:39 AM »
*bump* good post NAiL

Offline nino

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2010, 12:21 PM »
i voted no, cos i wont play a roper league xDD

but i think it is nice to make a roper league, too many players for this and it is as popular as elite imo.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2010, 12:23 PM »
let's make a poll about the poll!