Forums
May 06, 2024, 04:02 AM

Author Topic: we need an instant messaging service on TUS!  (Read 2121 times)

Offline avirex

we need an instant messaging service on TUS!
« on: June 18, 2012, 03:49 PM »
i think it has been suggested, actually i know it has...

im not sure what the response was, but its something that would be very very helpfull...

sometimes im on tus and not AG, and someone trys to contact me via shoutbox, and i dont notice.... and im sure thats the case with others as well... for instance im trying to contact barman right now but the puto is too blind to see :P

a little messaging service like FaceBook has would be awsome, just a small popup in the bottom right hand corner... maybe also you can make it so only people on your buddy list can message you (there is a buddy list on tus, the only usefull thing it does that i have noticed is makes peoples names bold at the bottom of who is online, i have all of mm bold so i can see whos online lol)

or does the buddy list do more? i dunno...

anyway back on topic, a small message box would be awesome, also if you could make it play a sound when recieving a message would also be pretty cool...... :X

Offline HHC

Re: we need an instant messaging service on TUS!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 04:29 PM »
It's called Snooper?

Only thing missing there is an ignore Chelsea clanner or Katsis pro 2vs2 request  ;D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 04:37 PM »
the ratio between usage/utility and work involved to do this and maintain this is something like 1:100000000000000000000
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Masta

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 04:53 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:32 PM by Masta »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 05:53 PM »
Sometimes the server of the site is very slow, when a lot of people are surfing it. I think this would make the site more slower (so an other chat server should be used to this I think). And there are also some snooper programs ;)

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 05:58 PM »
The Wheat Snooper.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Ray

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 06:19 PM »
We do not need an instant messaging service on TUS.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 07:37 PM »
See file attached.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 07:42 PM »
time will tell how wrong I am
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 08:35 PM »
See file attached.
I see MI ;) I knew you are working on it, it was obvious, that this system is not the best now ;D btw gl with this site, you are doing a nice job :D I created a hungarian league of worms and I didn't really like when I went to the site and I saw messages, that you should do this and that (But I did all the requests :D), but at least there were activity there sooner :D

Offline Crazy

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Nice ownage MI!

Offline avirex

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 09:38 PM »
ok this looks great MI!!  gj!!

ropa: your right....  as far as your needs go, being you dont play w:a...

but those of who do, might like this feature.

Offline cOke

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 11:11 PM »
MI that looks awesome, you should easily get a web dev job by showing off this site if you havn't already.

The theme looks great for the IM.
HNN4EVA

Offline avirex

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 03:53 AM »
agreed...

and with my 15+ years experience or however long i have been playing, i can honestly say MonkeyIsland is the best thing to happen for this community...

he is a genius! and he is the best mod ever, honestly...

not only is he not biased in any way shape or form...

but he does it for a passion, and a commitment and love for the game.

many mods in the past do it to make a name for them selves, and be seen, and noticed as some type of leader, and let the power go to their heads in some sense...

not all took it to the extreme kiro stupid ass took it... he was a special case...

but monkeyisland is such a low key guy, and just a loyal leader! he truly is the best mod, and the best leader!!!

he is the founder, and leader of this current W:A community, and i hope it stays that way for the rest of w:a's life...   and i hope that is for a long time to come...

im drunk rigth now, thats why i ramble, but i want to give a big thank you once again to MonkeyIsland for all his hard work and dedication... he is a true leader!! not of a clan... not of a "community" but of w:a!!!

there are 3 things that come to mind when i think of keeping this game alive... deadcode, cybershaddow, and monkeyisland!!  there has never been a 3rd after dc and cs as far as league admins is concerned but MI has totally earned this..

and not just because of instant messages being impilemtned lol.. its just everything!! all his hard work and dedication and his personaltiy and demeanour

im drunk!! but thank you MI :D

Offline Crazy

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 04:26 AM »
Hmm avi, I think you would actually lick MI's ass if you met him when you were drunk mate. But apart from that, I agree with a lot of what you said. MI's a different leader then what we experienced through many different timeperiodes of the 00's, in a positive way.

A really lovely drunken post avi, I think I'd like drinking with you :D