Forums
May 15, 2024, 05:13 PM

Author Topic: What's the point? (Point system in TEL league)  (Read 1311 times)

Offline chakkman

What's the point? (Point system in TEL league)
« on: February 09, 2011, 02:48 AM »
Not sure if this was discussed already, but i don't really see a point in taking over the classic league point system in TEL. Makes no sense imo to have an overall rating when there is basically only one scheme that counts into it. The only consequence it would have is that players with a high overall rating end up on like 64th position in season 2 and still be in PO's... a thing that bugs me about the classic league standings already. In my eyes a system similar to football leagues would make more sense as the rating in a one-scheme-league actually is not of interest. Like, give 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 or -1 for a loss.

Edit: Just thought about it again, the seasons points system surely has a point as an anti noob-bashing measure. Still discussable whether the overall rating makes sense though. Maybe we could just cut that and stick to the season ratings only.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 02:57 AM by chakkman »

Offline Dub-c

Re: What's the point? (Point system in TEL league)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 02:56 AM »
give 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 or -1 for a loss.

Great idea overall, but, unlike a football league where your opponents are picked for you, in a league where you pick your own opponents I don't believe a system like this would work. Would be just to much avoiding in my opinion.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline chakkman

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 02:58 AM »
Yeah, see my edit above.^^

Offline franz

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 03:49 AM »
New system will start in 20 days at the end of the month.  You can read about the possible new systems discussed here: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/announcements/write-leagues-system-from-scratch/

all things that you mentioned are already goals to be fixed with the new ideas

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 06:30 AM »
Don't know about you, but I can't read that much. :) It's really nice that you guys work so much on this, good to see that some older players also contribute to it - like HHC and franz - and I'm sure what you guys come up with will be more than fine.

I just can't read that much. :D So I probably won't complain about it... :P

Offline nino

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 10:10 AM »
i thought in something like this.

player starts seasson with 0 points, inteasted of 1000. winning points will be based on overall rating but for exemple if me with 1300 overall beat someone with 500 overwall, id get 13 points  but if i lose the winner id get 40 per exemple, but the points wont be taken from opponent, the winner would just increase his rating and the points of loser wont be changed.

overall points could start on 1000, and seassonal 0.

just a thought hehe, dunno what the impact of this system xD

there could be a limit of games per seasson too, like 50.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:22 AM by nino »
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 04:08 PM »
Don't know about you, but I can't read that much. :) It's really nice that you guys work so much on this, good to see that some older players also contribute to it - like HHC and franz - and I'm sure what you guys come up with will be more than fine.

I just can't read that much. :D So I probably won't complain about it... :P
+1 xD

Offline HHC

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 04:15 PM »
The pdf file is just 30 mins read. The thread is just there to discuss its content. If you wanna participate read the PDF and say what you think, I won't get mad if you ask the same questions as other people already did in the thread.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 05:09 AM »
It's really awesome that you guys invest so much time for the new league system, makes me kinda proud that there are still people around that put so much effort into Worms:A. I just wish I would get infected with the Worms virus again. :)

Offline darKz

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 06:25 AM »
Want me to visit you for a week or two? Then you wouldn't have a choice. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Anubis

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 11:36 AM »
Sure thing, we can play HoMM 3,4 and 5 + all Expansions, I just bought them for 15 Euro. =)

Soon HoMM 6 releases too!

Offline nino

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 12:28 PM »
wtf it is WA forum gtfo with ur violents games hauhauha
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 12:35 PM »
W:A forever!