Forums
April 26, 2024, 01:08 PM

Author Topic: [Module Idea] Weapon usage tracker.  (Read 5837 times)

Offline cgar

Re: [Module Idea] Weapon usage tracker.
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2021, 03:40 PM »
Oh yea this would be great for streams. I bet a bunch of streamers would love this then. They could just spectate the game and flip through the weapons panel to see whats been used.

@Komito You are a masochist, JuSt AdMiT iT.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 03:45 PM by cgar »

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2021, 03:51 PM »
@Komito You are a masochist, JuSt AdMiT iT.

To reach his level at BnG, I assume he is at least a little bit :D
EDIT: but then the correct term would be sadomasiquite? Never mind. :-X
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 03:54 PM by Albus »

Offline cgar

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2021, 03:54 PM »
Masochists are fine. Sadists though, no thanks. Never been into bdsm, especially if its Komito.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2021, 04:08 PM »
make it happen!
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Dario

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2021, 04:15 PM »
In intermediate I've won and lost so many rounds because of human mistakes when tracking weapons/utilities usage. So yes, such a module would definitely erase one skill that many times gives the more invested player an edge. But if that module is going to be written, then I guess it's better if everyone has access to it.
Momentarily not playing TUS league games.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2021, 04:30 PM »
In intermediate I've won and lost so many rounds because of human mistakes when tracking weapons/utilities usage. So yes, such a module would definitely erase one skill that many times gives the more invested player an edge. But if that module is going to be written, then I guess it's better if everyone has access to it.

I think your concern has more to do with the module tracking automatically, right?

If it's done manually by the player, it wouldn't be a problem for you, right? The module would just transfer what some already do on smartphone, paper etc and make this possible within the game. Cgar's suggestion included this as well: "Something like having the weapons panel have tabs for each player, such as the ones that show in replays with the colors of the teams. clicking the teams color would change the weapons panel to a kind of notepad for that team, prefilled at the match start with weapons from the scheme, which you could then click to decrement when you notice that they have used something".

Offline Dario

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2021, 04:36 PM »
yes, was talking about the auto-tracking idea.
Momentarily not playing TUS league games.

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2021, 05:22 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:45 AM by Rudolf289 »

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2021, 05:28 PM »
Writing down used weapons and utilities on a piece of paper is bad for the environment. Think about how much paper was wasted during those 22 years!

Joking aside, I'd really like to use this module, so that I will be finally able to chat with a team mate in 2v2 games.

When I'm playing an important game, I do this: on whatsapp, I have a list of weapons. I just hold the name of the weapon used for 1 second to highlight it and mark it as used. I also can copy there the order of the enemy team (which I can get between rounds - some people know how to get it during the round, but I don't know). In other words, the modules just makes possible to see inside the game what can be done outside the game and do not require any skills.

Anyway, I believe that the idea of this module and wkWormorder will only make public something that is already done discreetly by some players.

PS: I know this can be considered lame for some people. But I don't have such a good memory, so I do it. I don't consider myself worse than anyone in the game because of that per se. Worms is not a memory game.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 05:42 PM by Albus »

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2021, 05:37 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:45 AM by Rudolf289 »

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2021, 05:38 PM »
Alternative idea: add an extra textbox somewhere in game chat where we could type this stuff.

Yes. That would be nice too. That way I could write what the opponent used in the game etc., and still be able to use the chat to talk.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 05:40 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2021, 10:42 PM »
I will quote this post from the other thread as it's relevant to both:

The ignorance here is shocking. :o

Making statements like "violent reactions from league players to even the simplest and harmless quality of life improvement".

Maybe it's harmless to some of you, maybe some of you don't care about the integrity of competitive gaming. I do, and others do as well.

What I see, are people who want the easy way out, who are not prepared to go the extra mile that hundreds of players have in the past few decades, making things "easier" is not always the best thing to do.

The issue isn't that some people want QoL improvements. Any QoL improvement made because a few people want something made easier is forcing their QoL improvements on everyone.

The sheer ignorance and disrespect of someone saying "Just because I use it, doesn't mean you have to use it" is absolutely selfish! Why should anyone get an advantage over people who want to play naturally because they simply don't want to put the effort in or simply don't enjoy it?

Also saying "If everyone has it, it makes it fair", again, the problem isn't even about what's fair, it's that many people who don't want it will be forced to accept it!

This wouldn't be a problem if it could be kept separate from leagues, though that isn't possible.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2021, 01:34 AM »
I'm sorry, but I really don't understand conservative people. I know TUS is a democratic environment, though.

This discussion seems more like what's happening in Brazil right now, a huge wave of people fighting to not use the brazilian voting machine which was a huge progress in our elections system, and still works very well. Our voting machine was used as reference in several other countries that inspired on us. And many brazilians still insist in a retrograde model just to imitate the USA system that many citizens of that country complain (and usually takes a very long time to count votes).

This game has already 22 years and still doesn't have such simple quality of life module because always have some people being conservative, that don't understand that things evolve and are always changing.

For me being against this module is like saying:
"Why using cars or bus? Lazy people! Go walking! Why using a smartphone? Get the telegraph back!"

In League of Legends you can just press a button to see which build the enemy is doing, so you can build in a way to counter that build. Imagine memorizing all stuff everybody is doing just because it is part of the skills of the game... We are talking about something everybody already does with paper (it is a sign that the community wants this)... Memorization can be a skill but in practice it just make the gameplay worse, because people do dumb moves because forgot that the enemy still had 1 transport tool left.

As people already said, a streamer should be the first person who would like to support this idea...
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2021, 01:54 AM »
I'm sorry, but I really don't understand conservative people. I know TUS is a democratic environment, though.

This discussion seems more like what's happening in Brazil right now, a huge wave of people fighting to not use the brazilian voting machine which was a huge progress in our elections system, and still works very well. Our voting machine was used as reference in several other countries that inspired on us. And many brazilians still insist in a retrograde model just to imitate the USA system that many citizens of that country complain (and usually takes a very long time to count votes).

This game has already 22 years and still doesn't have such simple quality of life module because always have some people being conservative, that don't understand that things evolve and are always changing.

For me being against this module is like saying:
"Why using cars or bus? Lazy people! Go walking! Why using a smartphone? Get the telegraph back!"

In League of Legends you can just press a button to see which build the enemy is doing, so you can build in a way to counter that build. Imagine memorizing all stuff everybody is doing just because it is part of the skills of the game... We are talking about something everybody already does with paper (it is a sign that the community wants this)... Memorization can be a skill but in practice it just make the gameplay worse, because people do dumb moves because forgot that the enemy still had 1 transport tool left.

As people already said, a streamer should be the first person who would like to support this idea...

This is nothing like what is happening in Brazil right now.

This is not simply a QoL module, it isn't about people being conservative, it's about protecting the integrity, skill ceiling, and learning curve of this game! You act like we are refusing to change things that actually need to be changed. This is something that does NOT actually need to be changed, we do not need this module.

Also, how can you call it a "QoL" improvement, when it degrades the quality(An essential or distinctive characteristic.) of a very important part of strategic schemes which is the skill of manually keeping track of turn order and weapons used.

Also, I am a streamer, and I don't support it, i'm so against with every fibre of my being.

As mentioned by Deadcode when we were chatting about it, it would be via a scheme option built-in to WA. Then those who want it, can use it, and those who don't want it, don't have to use it. It could be used as an alternative version of a scheme that players could agree to, though if there isn't an agreement they would have to use the mandatory version.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2021, 03:43 AM »
I may have exagerated a bit talking about voting machines, I know... But I just wanted to express my feeling when I see some people preserving things that doesn't make sense to me. The arguments sound absurd to me.

Memorization is used in Blindfold Chess, a game with very high learning curve and plenty of skill on this. Most people still prefer to play normal chess because they simply don't want to learn that difficult learning curve in memorizing something when they can simply "open the eyes" and play normal chess without being afraid to make dumb moves because they forgot about one single piece. Memorization has nothing to do with the tactical aspects of the gameplay. It is just memorization skills.

Concentration game (in portuguese we call something like "Memory game") is a game which relies pratically only on the memorization skills. There is no big strategy in it.

WA can be played with 6 players free for all games and yes, I see this module as a quality of life.

I don't think this should be a scheme option, it is really something that should already be coded in the game. I know some schemes like Team17 work differently than Intermediate, but it is good to know at least which weapons the enemy used.

I already suggested that the game should also inform the mine fuse, the weapon powers, the scheme rules and any other scheme (v3.8 or not) feature while in game. This way we wouldn't need to remind players about mines and they could check any differences while in game. Maybe people would accept better different weapon powers and other stuff they usually are conservative.

EDIT: by the way, memorization is often avoided in education when possible, because in the past (in the present this still happens, but a bit less) memorization of dates, names, formulas and many other stuff used to appear in big exams and after the exam people usually forgot all that stuff, many didn't even know how to explain importants things of the subjects, they only trained their memory and passed (or not).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 04:44 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'