Forums
April 28, 2024, 10:17 AM

Author Topic: wkWormOrder v. 1.2.0 released  (Read 23593 times)

Offline cgar

Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.0.1 released
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2021, 05:40 PM »
Ah yes. Still yet continuing to ignore the most important point. I guess that really does settle it then :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2021, 05:49 PM »
Ah yes. Still yet continuing to ignore the most important point. I guess that really does settle it then :D

The point you are choosing to ignore the fact i've already answered it.

Just because you didn't either read it, understand it, or accept it, doesn't mean it wasn't addressed already.

Offline cgar

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2021, 06:10 PM »
Clearly you don't have an answer to it. Unless it is to downgrade everyone to 1.0 lol

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2021, 06:16 PM »
We spoke about this earlier, it was actually because of discussing that very thing in this very thread that led to king-gizzard showing me exactly how to do that little trick.

I guess you aren't interested in that though, you just want to joke around and throw weak jabs at me.

You are welcome to read through the thread again though.

Offline cgar

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2021, 06:18 PM »
Discussing it is not an answer to it. You are clearly only concerned with potentially having to change. I have no issue with you being a luddite, but forcing others to be one as well is nasty.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2021, 07:06 PM »
Discussing it is not an answer to it.

An answer to what? You didn't ask a question, you made a statement about something we already came to a conclusion about earlier in the thread, the conclusion being people can already use 3rd party software to see worm orders.

You are clearly only concerned with potentially having to change.

Why would I have to change? I don't even really play schemes where this would affect me. It's the principle of trying to change everything for everyone based on the desires of a few and the consequences it can have in the future.

I have no issue with you being a luddite, but forcing others to be one as well is nasty.

You aren't even using the word luddite correctly, which is even more amusing combined with the notion of you actually thinking you know all about me.

Maybe you could actually convince me of something if you stick to the subject.

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2021, 07:07 PM »
I rarely play this game anymore, but if there are going to be modules around, I'd like to know (at the moment all people light up) what modules have been loaded, and some sort of short explanation of their use, just for the sake of clarity. Then, it would be up to the host (or whoever is in charge, cup moderator for instance) whether they want to allow them or not.

I don't know what's the big fuss about formalizing something that has been around for years, but as a person that has played this game for many years, it is kind of sad to see that active players no longer want to engage on archaic methods (such as memory, or whatever). For me -this is entirely an opinion- not even notching should be allowed, neither measuring shots with your thumb, or marking your screen; let alone these modules.

If the majority of the playerbase wants to make the game easier, we should let them be, but as they have the right to do so, others should be allowed to know and discriminate.
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2021, 07:13 PM »
it is kind of sad to see that active players no longer want to engage on archaic methods (such as memory, or whatever).

I admire those who have a good memory like you for these things. But I, and many other players I know (veteran and also very good players), always made notes of what the enemy used etc. I don't understand why this is sad. The game is the same. The fun is the same. It makes no difference to me whether the person uses memory or writes down information on paper, software, app etc.

If the majority of the playerbase wants to make the game easier, we should let them be, but as they have the right to do so, others should be allowed to know and discriminate.

It's not about making the game easier, in my opinion. Nothing is going to change. There will only be a transfer of something that was done on paper etc., to be an in-game option.

I actually think the game will be more challenging. I guarantee one thing: if my opponents in the league always know the order of my team and the utilities I use, I'm sure the match against them will be more challenging.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 07:19 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2021, 07:19 PM »
I admire those who have a good memory like you for these things. But I, and many other players I know (very good), use some paper, etc., to write down what the enemy uses. I don't understand why this is sad. The game is the same. The fun is the same. It makes no difference to me whether the person uses memory or writes down information on paper.

It does make a difference to you, if it didn't you wouldn't be asking for a module to do it for you!

It's not about making the game easier, in my opinion. Nothing is going to change. There will only be a transfer of something that was done on paper etc., to be an in-game option.

You ARE making the game easier if you put this module into circulation, even the "cheat" method that has been discussed takes more effort than having it done automatically.

It's not the same! Please stop saying things that are not true! If it was the same, why would anyone have a problem with it?

Having to manually write things down takes time, time which is a distraction, time which can include human error, which is what makes it a skill.

If you have a module which does this for you automatically, that is a clear difference which takes away a skill.

Actually saying it's the same... Wow...

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2021, 07:20 PM »
it is kind of sad to see that active players no longer want to engage on archaic methods (such as memory, or whatever).

I admire those who have a good memory like you for these things. But I, and many other players I know (veteran and also very good players), always made notes of what the enemy used. I don't understand why this is sad. The game is the same. The fun is the same. It makes no difference to me whether the person uses memory or writes down information on paper, software, app etc.

Yeah, that's why I said it's just about formalizing stuff. You don't have to share / understand how others feel.
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2021, 07:26 PM »
It does make a difference to you, if it didn't you wouldn't be asking for a module to do it for you!

I've already spoken several times. Yes, it will make a difference, otherwise I wouldn't be asking. And the difference is that it will be more enjoyable to play. I like to feel completely immersed in the game, and not have to keep looking at notes in some paper, smartphone app etc.

Komito, why don't you let the players decide this? If my opponent allows me to use the module I use it. That simple!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2021, 07:31 PM »
Wtf Albus, you just said it doesn't make a difference, then you say it does, make up your mind!

There is a difference in skill required, as well as the effort and time to do it as well, you are ignoring that.

Komito, why don't you let the players decide this? If my opponent allows me to use the module I use it. That simple!

If it was that simple, to actually trust people wouldn't use it to have an advantage, then I wouldn't be protesting against it.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2021, 07:35 PM »
Wtf Albus, you just said it doesn't make a difference, then you say it does, make up your mind!

It makes no difference in the skill level of the game and whoever dominates a scheme will continue to dominate. However, it will make a difference in terms of making the game more pleasurable for me and for many, as it will remove the need to keep taking notes etc, something that is tedious for many.

If it was that simple, to actually trust people wouldn't use it to have an advantage, then I wouldn't be protesting against it.

The module will send a message saying the person is using it. So there's no way to hide it. You may ask: but what if someone changes the module source code or the dll file to don't show that message? Yes, it is possible. But those who have this ability maybe can make a private module; who don't have this ability can hire a programmer to do it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 07:40 PM by Albus »

Offline cgar

« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2021, 07:45 PM »
the conclusion being people can already use 3rd party software to see worm orders.
So you finally admit that people can already do it. Even in leagues, even in secret.
Yet you are still insisting that this module should not be able to do it even in the open for all to see? What?

Do you just get off on trying to control the lives of others or something?

You aren't even using the word luddite correctly
That's funny, the first definition basically says "Komito of WA" :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2021, 08:12 PM »
It makes no difference in the skill level of the game and whoever dominates a scheme will continue to dominate.

Yes, it does make a difference in the skill level of the game, you just don't want to acknowledge that.

I will agree that I believe the best players will continue to dominate though.

So you finally admit that people can already do it. Even in leagues, even in secret.
Yet you are still insisting that this module should not be able to do it even in the open for all to see? What?

I never denied it in the first place. You're in a bubble.

Yes, I still insist this module should not do it, this module is even worse than doing the memory thing. The memory thing still takes effort. Unless you combine that with a script that prints it to your screen as well, then that's even worse.

Just because some people might do that, doesn't inherently mean we should make it available to everyone, trying to prevent it would be a better solution if that is the problem.

Do you just get off on trying to control the lives of others or something?

The hypocrisy of this statement is beautiful!

You are the one trying to force change, change that affects everyone, not me, I ideally want a solution that makes everyone happy.

the first definition basically says "Komito of WA" :D

No, it doesn't, it also still doesn't change the fact you used it incorrectly.

Keep digging cgar...