Forums
April 27, 2024, 04:15 PM

Author Topic: wkWormOrder v. 1.2.0 released  (Read 23496 times)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.0.1 released
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2021, 08:16 PM »
Yes, it does make a difference in the skill level of the game, you just don't want to acknowledge that.

If you assume that taking notes on paper etc., involves skill (I don't agree), then your conclusion is correct.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:18 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2021, 08:20 PM »
If you assume that taking notes on paper etc., involves skill (I don't agree), then your conclusion is correct.

You don't have to agree, it's a fact.

As i've already explained, which you constantly keep ignoring. You still have to pay attention, you need to wait until they cycle through the worms, you need to write it down and make sure you didn't do it wrong, it takes time and is a slight distraction from time you could be thinking about your turns, you can still make an error.

It is literally a skill to do all that, it might not be the most impressive skill in the world, though it is an important one.

It is literally a skill though, your opinion doesn't change that.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2021, 08:27 PM »
As i've already explained, which you constantly keep ignoring. You still have to pay attention, you need to wait until they cycle through the worms, you need to write it down and make sure you didn't do it wrong, you can still make an error.

I thought you were talking about write down the weapons used by the enemy.

Regarding the sequence of worms, some players memorize or write down the team of players they play often (many league players have used the same team for years). Regarding players that keep changing teams (some, with the intention of confusing the opponent), the team order can be obtained from the game's replay file. It has been said that there are very easy ways to get this. So something that can be done so easily, for me, doesn't involve skill.

If the person does it the way you say (observe the cycle through the worms), I agree that there may be a certain skill. But how do we know if the person does this or if has notes, get the information in the replay file etc.? We will never know.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:36 PM by Albus »

Offline cgar

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2021, 08:32 PM »
I never denied it in the first place. You're in a bubble.
Never said you denied it. And what you on about bubbles?

Yes, I still insist this module should not do it, this module is even worse than doing the memory thing. The memory thing still takes effort. Unless you combine that with a script that prints it to your screen as well, then that's even worse.
Memory thing was not what I meant. I mean the simple and easy thing to print out the order from the replay file.

You are the one trying to force change, change that affects everyone, not me, I ideally want a solution that makes everyone happy.
What you want is apparently to be the center of the attention and to make others unhappy.
It is already available to all, so no, I am not trying to force people to suddenly know worm order. I am advocating that it should be out in the open. That would be a change I guess, is your disdain for change so severe that even introducing transparency is deplorable?

No, it doesn't, it also still doesn't change the fact you used it incorrectly.
Wew, you dont say? Also, no I didn't.

Keep digging cgar...
This is irrelevant, are you literally just here to troll?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2021, 08:46 PM »
I thought you were talking about write down the weapons used by the enemy.

That too yeah, though this is the wkWormOrder thread.

Regarding the sequence of worms, some players memorize or write down the team of players they play often (many league players use the same team). Regarding players that keep changing teams (some, with the intention of confusing the enemy), the team order can be obtained from the game's replay file. It has been said that there are very easy ways to get this. So something that can be done so easily, for me, doesn't involve skill.

Albus, what is it about manual work that you don't understand is a skill? Why are you blatantly refusing to accept the truth?

Fair enough ok, you don't like it, it's boring for you, that I can accept, that's fine!

Though when you say "for me, doesn't involve skill", you are refusing to acknowledge the truth.

Never said you denied it. And what you on about bubbles?

I never said you said that I denied it.

Memory thing was not what I meant. I mean the simple and easy thing to print out the order from the replay file.

I specifically asked if this was possible during a match and the conclusion was the replay file is locked during the match so you cannot access it. Or was that an inaccurate conclusion?

What you want is apparently to be the center of the attention and to make others unhappy.

No, it isn't.

It is already available to all, so no, I am not trying to force people to suddenly know worm order. I am advocating that it should be out in the open. That would be a change I guess, is your disdain for change so severe that even introducing transparency is deplorable?

My perspective, and my side of the argument is that instead of supporting unsavoury methods of getting an advantage by making something even simpler available to everyone, it would be wiser to prevent said unsavoury method in the first place.

Just because other people do something, doesn't mean everyone else should.

Wew, you dont say? Also, no I didn't.

Yes, you did.

This is irrelevant, are you literally just here to troll?

Usually I would engage in a bit of humorous banter, though you've already shown you can't handle it by telling people on Discord I was "hiding behing emoji's"(or something very similar, I don't want to join again to check), even though I was genuinely laughing and said it in a friendly tone because what you said was actually funny.

So from now on regarding this issue, I will continue to write my messages in a serious tone.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2021, 08:47 PM »

Albus, what is it about manual work that you don't understand is a skill? Why are you blatantly refusing to accept the truth?

Fair enough ok, you don't like it, it's boring for you, that I can accept, that's fine!

Though when you say "for me, doesn't involve skill", you are refusing to acknowledge the truth.

I edited the post before you post. I added the following: if the person does it the way you say (observe the cycle through the worms), I agree that there may be a certain skill. But how do we know if the person does this or if get my team order from my previous replays etc.? We will never know.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:53 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2021, 08:53 PM »
how do we know if the person does this or if use notes, get the information in the replay file etc.? We will never know.

Well, I was under the impression it was impossible to access the replay file while a game is still active, though now it appears that might be wrong?

So, I don't have the knowledge to answer that, i'd also like to have this confirmed.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2021, 08:57 PM »
Well, I was under the impression it was impossible to access the replay file while a game is still active, though now it appears that might be wrong?

So, I don't have the knowledge to answer that, i'd also like to have this confirmed.

I can get this information during the rounds. But I was informed that it is possible even during the match. Personally I don't know how.

Komito, I've been using the same team since last year. How will we know if a individual has the ability/skill to get my team's order by watching the worm cycle or if he doesn't have my team previously noted down? The only way to avoid this would be for me to have to create a new team before every game. It would be extremely boring. And even then, this person can see the order using the game replay (during the round - as some people say it's possible - or between rounds, which I can do in few secs).

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2021, 09:01 PM »

I can get this information during the rounds. But I was informed that it is possible even during the match. Personally I don't know how.

Do you mean, you get this information during the course of a game, from inside the game, by writing it down on Whatsapp like you showed before? That's fine, it was also cool to see Darios notations!

Komito, I've been using the same team since last year. How will we know if a individual has the ability/skill to get my team's order by watching the worm cycle or if he doesn't have my team previously noted down? The only way to avoid this would be for me to have to create a new team before every game. It woukd be extremely boring. And even then, this person can see the order using the game replay (during the round - as some people say it's possible - or between rounds, which I can do in few secs).

As far as I know, you can change your teams as much as you want, in TUS/ONL/CWT, so long as you follow a few basic guidelines, such as no blank worm names.

Though as we observed from tita last year, he changes his team every match, which means his opponents must pay very close attention every set of games.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2021, 09:13 PM »
Do you mean, you get this information during the course of a game, from inside the game, by writing it down on Whatsapp like you showed before? That's fine, it was also cool to see Darios notations!

No, I don’t get this information during the course of a game. Making notes of utilites used by the enemy it's tedious enough, so I don't want to take any more notes. Otherwise I'll feel like I'm studying and not playing a game to having fun.

Like I said, most players always use the same team, so I have it saved.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 09:16 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2021, 09:20 PM »
Otherwise I'll feel like I'm studying and not playing a game to having fun.

You were talking about wanting TA so you could study the game more though?

Though, if you are an enthusiastic competitive player, studying your field is a natural way to progress, that in itself is fun for most who have passion in their fields.

Though if you just want fun why are you so focused on competing with the best and seeking methods to get better / make things easier? Wouldn't it be more fun to just stick to casual games if it's purely about having fun?

I mean, obviously you have some fierce competitive spirit in you, and judging by other discussions i've had in the past, you don't seem to have a problem with studying to improve, or at least not until recently.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2021, 09:25 PM »
I don't like taking notes while playing, that's all. I just want to focus on the game. Wear the headset, and get fully immersed in the game. I don't want to have to divert my attention to something outside of the game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2021, 09:34 PM »
I don't like taking notes while playing, that's all. I just want to focus on the game. Wear the headset, and get fully immersed in the game. I don't want to have to divert my attention to something outside of the game.

Ok, now that's an argument I actually relate to and appreciate...

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2021, 09:47 PM »
For many years I played competitively League of Legends. I think I took it even more seriously than WA. When I was a noob there, I used mobile apps or I kept switching between the game window and the browser window to access websites and get information that could help me in the game (which skills level up first, what build to do etc). I didn't like that as I get out of the atmosphere of the game.
Over time, I started to know everything I needed to do in the game without needing outside help, and I had more fun as I didn't need to leave the game atmosphere. But in worms, this will never happen. I will never have a memory to memorize things that enemy uses. After so many years playing this I always had to take notes and I wish I didn't need that anymore to enjoy the game more. That is why I would like the module.

There is a software that they use a lot in League of Legends that allows the player to have many informatios without leaving the game. It's called overwolf. I believe that if WA were a more famous game, surely there would be more sophisticated ways than a paper to know useful information during the game.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 10:28 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2021, 10:38 PM »
Again, I don't care about League of Legends, Dota, or any other game for that matter.

While I relate to the notion of game immersion, previous conversations i've had with you contradict a lot of the things you are saying here. To me you come across as someone who wants to achieve as much as possible with as little effort as possible. That seems to be the general consensus of this thread to be honest, which I would sympathize with more if it was directed towards casual games only, not competitive ones though.