Forums
April 26, 2024, 08:33 PM

Author Topic: Advertising  (Read 8745 times)

Offline Free

Advertising
« on: January 21, 2013, 07:39 AM »
This thread is for ideas how to advertise, and most importantly how to advertise on constant basis.

Re: Advertising
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:34 AM »
1st of all need to think about the contingent of people we aiming for.
Big tutorial video is great for newcomers, but not for our contingent. We need something different
Imagine you are the guy who wants to play smth, and dont know what to choose. If you will make a vid or write post on some forum remember to show/tell how simple setting all up on worms, tell about open multiplayer, drop link of web snooper. Its much easier to open link than download something, so when they see the server going online and you can join any game just download the game 1st they will do nothing but try to get W:A, the question is how long will they search for it? Important here to link them just directly to worms download link. W:A Battle Pack come up very useful here, with latest update and repacked to 40 mb but with ability to play online, everyone can download it, even ppl with terrible connection
2nd step must be introducing to the awesomeness of the game, saying there is new updates time-by-time means saying nothing, much senseful will be posting mods made for W:A, Portal Gun for W:A is great example

And finishing should be about perspective of playing, tell about simple league, about making your own clan with friends and challenging top players, about amount of league schemes and becoming the top on the standing. Last thing you should post is again link to the game, big letters approves!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:23 PM by MonkeyIsland »

Offline Free

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 09:35 AM »
So far my advertisment consists of gaming forums in Finland and I'm currently working on an article to send on a Finnish gaming magazine(s), I want an professional done stream and promovideo to go along with it before I send it out though. It's not going to be a big community we're going to get from Finland.

So I'm asking for a favor that you send out advertisment threads on big forums that have gaming categories on your country / forums that you know of and mention about our streams. We want to have a really professional stream to present for them so the time to advertise (I think) is not just yet. Perhaps when we have a date set with the streaming tournaments weekend and we have everything under control and working nicely with the stream, then we mass-advertise.

But start naming your ideas here. :)

Thanks for all

Offline barman

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 09:48 AM »
We are planning to organize another big stream event before the clanner playoffs. We are currently waiting for a response from some people we'd like to get involved in our project, and then we will post an announcement about that event, which should be reposted on external forums.

On Thursday, we got a peak of 150 people just from TUS and two Finnish gamer boards, that makes us aim for at least 1000 watchers next time!
It would now be cool if we made a list of people who are capable of helping us advertise. We will then post a reminder to make a global announcement about 24 hours before the stream :D

So far we have:

Free - Finnish gaming communities
Impo - Russian gaming boards (can you post more details please?)
barman - reddit.com/r/gaming
Crazy - Norwegian gaming boards
Berria - Polish gaming boards

Anyone else?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:37 PM by barman »
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Crazy

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 09:58 AM »
I can try and look for some Norwegian games forum and advertise there, though it's a little bit out of my league as I've never been a hardcore gamer :P

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 09:58 AM »
Ah wanted to post a long bla-bla stuff but it got fked up xD
We could make a league with 8 players, few (3-4) top players to show how pro you can be there's cant be just one because we need to intrigue, somebody funny so its fun to watch him playing and spamming chat, somebody cool but noob, so he will always get pwned on every game, and somebody dumb who will work as "anti-hero" of the league, every good show need charismatic anti-hero (ex.- wwe wrestling) taner for example. Each player play with each other and every game got streamed, while on forums there is every day spamming who play vs who and info about every player. Post something scandalous on forums so the topic will grow up to holy-war but at least it will get really active ;D
And if it get active we could say who win league B will play on the top league and bunch of newbies will start practising xDd
idea of converting worms to a wrestling-like show is stupid but i goddamnit I like it so much, maybe ill realize it one day alone ;D

Offline Free

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 10:27 AM »
I'll vote Impossible for our viral excecutive haha.

Make a video what gets + million hits and makes them realize awesome gameplay at the same time = WIN

Oh and Russia should be one of main targets to advertise, they've had hundreds of viewers on Intermediate streams.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:29 AM by Free »

Offline OrangE

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 12:07 PM »
update:

304 views of the playoffs stream AFTER recording it. this means that now if you search for Worms Armageddon on twitch.tv my channel is on the 1st page of results.

this number will grow even more after next streams. if we manage to stream a big event every 2 weeks i think that in few months i will be able to ask a partnership to twitch.tv.

this means HUGE views coming (thousands per stream)

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 12:09 PM »
partnership means you get money and we want percents xD

Offline Husk

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 12:10 PM »
Ah wanted to post a long bla-bla stuff but it got fked up xD
We could make a league with 8 players, few (3-4) top players to show how pro you can be there's cant be just one because we need to intrigue, somebody funny so its fun to watch him playing and spamming chat, somebody cool but noob, so he will always get pwned on every game, and somebody dumb who will work as "anti-hero" of the league, every good show need charismatic anti-hero (ex.- wwe wrestling) taner for example. Each player play with each other and every game got streamed, while on forums there is every day spamming who play vs who and info about every player. Post something scandalous on forums so the topic will grow up to holy-war but at least it will get really active ;D
And if it get active we could say who win league B will play on the top league and bunch of newbies will start practising xDd
idea of converting worms to a wrestling-like show is stupid but i goddamnit I like it so much, maybe ill realize it one day alone ;D

lmfao xD it sounds fun and all, but could u do it somewhere else than tus :D many people like tus how it is atm

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 12:12 PM »
do it somewhere else than tus :D
Ill better do it somewhere else than worms xD

Offline OrangE

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 12:14 PM »
partnership means you get money and we want percents xD

hahah i really don't focus on money, but yeah some euros to pay all the time i will put at it would be well accepted. i'd only buy a new headset or mic to have better quality, and give some money for the project to grow up faster. i think free agrees with me about this.
anyway streamers don't get payed so much, sadly :c

Offline Hussar

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 12:38 PM »
i ll make thread's about it in 3 biggest game forums in Poland.

Thursday, which hour?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:40 PM by Berria »

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 03:34 PM »
My ideas and pointers:
- Youtube channel for wormtube instead of the website = better exposure.
- Dub that big-tutorial.
- Make more let'splays with commentaries.
- Livestream bigger events like tournaments, have commentators.

I kinda wish worms had a in-game voice thing like many games do today (with a turn off/on feature if you don't want it on). It'd make things like tournaments so much more enjoyable, especially if you do let'splays and such.
Former xANKAx member.

Offline barman

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 03:48 PM »
Thursday, which hour?
We don't have a date set, unless something changed in the last 6 hours :o
Last stream was on Thursday, we will try to make the next one during weekend for more publicity (January 26th/27th or February 2nd/3rd).

My ideas and pointers:
- Youtube channel for wormtube instead of the website = better exposure.
- Dub that big-tutorial.
- Make more let'splays with commentaries.
- Livestream bigger events like tournaments, have commentators.

I kinda wish worms had a in-game voice thing like many games do today (with a turn off/on feature if you don't want it on). It'd make things like tournaments so much more enjoyable, especially if you do let'splays and such.
Balee is working on a big set of tutorials on his own. Let's plays and game summaries will be included on the youtube channel on a regular basis, same for streams.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best