Forums
May 01, 2024, 01:58 PM

Author Topic: ASAP: NEED A COMMENTATOR FOR TODAYS PLAYOFFS STREAM  (Read 7131 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: ASAP: NEED A COMMENTATOR FOR TODAYS PLAYOFFS STREAM
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 03:25 AM »
I don't know if anyone realised I was banned, well I dunno how that thing works, but when he said "don't f@#! with me, I have powers here" or something, I dunno how many people noticed but I was like, wtf man? None of us were even talking about OrangE we were talking about T17 lol, we were all just having a laugh, if someone had even PM'd me and asked me to stop or something I would have...

Regarding what darKz said, I feel franz done a great job commentating the Elite, he explained almost every move, the tactics and why they were doing such things, even possible scenarios I think. I actually learned from this and i've been playing since 1999... Thanks franz !

Maybe we should have a team of commentators for each group of schemes or something?

Offline OrangE

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 05:05 AM »
all what darkz said is absolutely right.

- i will have to fix my audio because it sux badly, ill work on it.
- the silence: well me and franz never talked before, all this thing was arranged very quickly so not having something scheduled can be hard. he did an awesome job tho, without him i would have felt alone and silly. my english isn't enough to explain everything, so i just tried to act a little funny to do my part. re-watching the stream i think i sounded probably too much childish, it was just my first attempt to keep some audience interactinng with people. i'd say it was not a total failure tho, i just will have to improve some entertaining skills.
- i just learned using xsplit, layouts will be more complex for next streams so i will arrange measures for breaks and get prepared for eventual drops too.
- this was the fist try, so yeah my comments were for dt of course, it wasn't meant from my side to be SO professional and neutral, but we can fix this too, for the finals i will just do a small part and keep my comments neutral. franz is perfect for commenting i guess, so it would be cool if he will comment next games too. but the crucial thing is having a carismatic person that keeps the views up and being too much serious makes people run away. people watching streams do want to see commentators interact with the chat all the time, joking, laughing, etc. so we are still open for someone that maybe wants to dive into this!
- about the chat yesss you're absolutely right i didn't realize that if you are watching it at full screen you can't actually read the chat, so interacting without explaining what you're seeing looks stupid. i will fix this too.
- the peja - philie break was stupid, of course. i just didn't wanna make the ppl stare at a blue screen for so long so i did the first thing that came in my mind, i will have scheduled breaks for that.
- komo. komo you are a drama queen. i really didn't like your attitude and no, i didnt ban you, it was just a 600 seconds time out. there's a little button you can press to temporarly time out people and it was meant to be for fun, wasnt a serious thing at all. you could just re-join the channel and i would laugh with you about that again. why i did that? well because we are putting some serious effort here, and reading someone that repeats a hundred of times that "the scheme is 100% luck based" acting trollish certainly doesn't make the game look competitive, which is our goal. you are an old player here and you should understand that, if you're looking for attention go elsewhere please. do you think all my "uuuhhh!!! niceeee!" "wowww nice jump!" during the games were natural reactions? of course not, i was acting all the time to try making the game more interesting i could for newcomers. and you should too. you can discuss about luck here on TUS, not in the chat of a stream with 100 potential new wormers, what the hell. you were disrespecting all our effort.
BUT besides all, im sorry for this if it looked bad, maybe i just over-reacted and i wasnt perfectly lucid, i have nothing personal against you and to be honest when i pressed that button i didn't even know it would erase your messages and time out you for so long. i thougt it would just disconnect you from the chat for few seconds. so stop acting like a drama queen like you usually do and accept my apologies. running a stream having 258 unique visitors is HUGE for what we are used to, so please try to understand my point.
last thing: if you wanted to comment the game you should at least come earlier. it would be really nice to have you in the voice chat, but how could you think i would have the time to assist you during the stream? you even wanted me to give you links for downloading team speak, wtf? can't you use google?
your idea of having a team of commentators for each scheme can be really nice btw, we will discuss about this.

in conclusion: yeh, a bunch of stuff to be fixed BUUUT what the hell guys. 258 unique visitors for W:A is big stuff. this means ME AND FREE WERE f@#!ING RIGHT. this game can still provide some interest around the net, we just have to find good ways to share what we've got.

so, thank you very much for being constructive, all your effort is really helpful. please keep doing this, let's stay on this boat ;D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:08 AM by OrangE »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 05:36 AM »
Cmon orange don't lie man, there were alot of other guys doing the same shit I was doing, you took it out on me personally.

It wasn't a timeout, it was a ban, 600 seconds is 10 minutes dude, the game would almost be over by then, you could have easily PM'd me and warned me, AND EVERYONE ELSE DOING THE SAME THING.

I didn't even start the subject of T17 being lucky, stop trying to pin this on me just because I have somewhat of a reputation on these forums, no one else was complaining about me, it was only you, I deserved every right to be warned 1st.

You didn't know? I don't believe you, sorry, but I don't, because you then went on to say "Don't f@#! with me, I have powers here" thinkin you the shit n that.

I will buy a mic for future commentating, sounds good.

I don't hold a grudge so if you are cool then we're cool.

Apart from this misunderstanding you guys done a truly amazing and inspiring job organising this and getting so many visitors, congratulations it's the beginning of a new era :)

Offline OrangE

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 05:51 AM »
like i said, i couldn't know about the 600 seconds thing. i never banned someone from the twitch.tv chat, this is my very first experience in streaming. there's a little clock near every nickname, i just pressed it assuming it would just disconnect you.

i warned you several times, watch the stream again, you should understand you were disrespecting all our effort acting that way. i even told you "stop being an ass, komo" but you kept trolling looking for attention, like you always do. pls it's very important you understand this, i wouldn't expect that kind of trolling by your side. someone even asked "is this komito even good at worms?" trying to understand if what you were saying was a valid argument.

like i said i've nothing personal against you and again, im sorry for that, wasn't intentional. and cmon, that "don't f@#! with me" was an EVIDENT joke.

so please lets move on, this thing was just a silly accident.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 05:53 AM »

Apart from this misunderstanding you guys done a truly amazing and inspiring job organising this and getting so many visitors, congratulations it's the beginning of a new era :)

thanks, i appreciate it :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 06:01 AM »
like i said, i couldn't know about the 600 seconds thing. i never banned someone from the twitch.tv chat, this is my very first experience in streaming. there's a little clock near every nickname, i just pressed it assuming it would just disconnect you.

i warned you several times, watch the stream again, you should understand you were disrespecting all our effort acting that way. i even told you "stop being an ass, komo" but you kept trolling looking for attention, like you always do. pls it's very important you understand this, i wouldn't expect that kind of trolling by your side. someone even asked "is this komito even good at worms?" trying to understand if what you were saying was a valid argument.

Ok well I heard you say "cmon komo" like, with a voice that was playful so I didn't think it was anything, I never seen who said that but seems like they just wanted to know if I played and if I knew what I am talking about lol, doesn't sound like a complaint, next time, maybe tell someone, "stop doing *so and so* or I will remove you"?

All is good in the hood :)

Offline OrangE

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 06:08 AM »
will do. ^^

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 06:31 AM »
Cool, and I won't make fun of schemes on live TV  :)

Offline Free

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2013, 08:37 AM »
Loving the positivity and the suggestions, and step by step it's only going to get better.

Was so fun night last night, and even more glad we got such a thriller out of it.

I got a suggestion but it has some flaws to it.

I got complaints of how they couldn't understand the first scheme(s) and what they had to do with Worms Armageddon they are used to. So in the future streams if clan decides to pick elite for instance, would be better to pick it as 1st game so viewers stick around with higher percentage. But the truth is, we're doing this to win the playoffs and obviously the wisest decision is to pick the strongest schemes first.

Let's start streaming tournament of schemes people are more familiar with and get them interested like that.

This + everything else will be discussed under new sub-forum MI is going to create for this ambitious project of us, but I'm still planning the "big picture" and am not sure about the name should be.

"Official" YouTube channel will be created today/tomorrow and name suggestions as well general content for it are welcome. Bigger talk will be on the newly created forum though. Stay tuned. Little busy for some hours now but then I'll get right to it.

Ain't it amazing that when you work for something your passionate about, you can't WAIT until you can create some more. :)

I also Vote for Komo as commentator as well Avirex. All the people interested, shout out to this thread or PM me.

Offline Free

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2013, 08:45 AM »
Great job guys, worked really nicely and it was a pleasure to watch. I think an audience of 100-150 viewers is pretty solid for it being the first time (atleast organized like this)

Edit: Also congrats DT, impressive to turn the game around and reach yet a final

Edit 2: Didn't mean to quote this, failed my edit ;X Thx for your great enthusiasme Free, it's really refreshing for me personally to see your passion on this and the game in general

Thank you for the kind words. :)

When you love something, you just simply want to do it and funnily enough on some level I feel that WA just simply does not get the attention it deserves. Someone just has to take the first step and see the possibility instead failure.. atleast try, that way you don't regret it later.. I fully believe that we will get an e-Sport event happen but if its not ment to be, then at least we helped to grow the community and most importantly have fun while doing it.

Thanks for everyone who contributes to this game.

Offline barman

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 09:25 AM »
Free, can you give a link to the Finnish forum where you advertised the stream? I'd like to read some of the comments (hoping that google translate works fairly well for Finnish).

If you are looking for a commentator, I'm up for the job, as long as I'm not playing. My spoken English is not perfect, but I can make up for that with my talkativity and worms experience.

Also, here are some of my ideas for the longish breaks between games:
- WormTube videos, obviously.
- Prepared replays which demonstrate the way schemes work, the possibilities of WA nowadays (rubberworm, PX), or just previous games between the current participants (though you would need to remind the audience all the time that it's not the actual live gameplay, just a saved game from the past)
- Browsing TUS, showing statistics of the participating clans/players, standings, playoff tables etc, also just features of the website in general.
- Tutorials on how to install and configure WA, where to find an update, maps, schemes, what are the social norms on wormnet, how to host with wormnat2 etc.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:27 AM by barman »
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Tomi

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2013, 09:40 AM »
It was a very good job guys! Maybe for the next event I will try to post to some Hungarian gamer forums too, to watch the game :D

By the way I think I mentioned firstly that T17 is a lucky scheme, so I am sorry!

And I would mention an other suggestion (but this was maybe done, and I just didn't hear it):
- A more detailed presentment of the teams and the players. I mean, you should have said for example, that dt is a very old-school clan, they won 6 consecutive playoffs, etc. TaG is not maybe a Chilean clan (as I heard :D), but they are. And this is very respectful that Chile has so many good players that they can create a so strong clan. (And these things can be said couple of times, like "if anyone has joined just now the stream, then for them bla bla.." :D)
- I think at the start of the game you should present the players who are playing. Where are they from, How long do they play the game, Any trophies they won, Do they have maybe a good history, How good are they in the actual scheme (maybe they are the masters of the scheme, who haven't lost any game for a long time, or they have more than 90% winning ratio (maybe both team, so this will be a good match :D)) etc. So I mean you should see about the clans/players who will play and notice some curiosity (ofc if you will have time to do that)

By answering these questions I guess there would be less break :D

But we know this was a very quickly streaming and commentating and how good it succeed :D Truly a nice job ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:53 AM by Tomi »

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2013, 09:49 AM »
I wish I could've clicked the stream, 250 people is a great turnout, not sure how you attracted so many, but that's really cool. Ah bar, Balee was working on some WA tutorial videos, I think pretty soon some of those will be out on youtube, would be easy to just load one of those during waiting time.

Offline wza

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2013, 10:52 AM »
Oh great idea! Is there a link to watch the streamed match still? It would be fun to provide commentary.

Offline barman

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 11:03 AM »
hi wza ^_^

http://www.twitch.tv/weirdjack/b/357906523
Actual playoff games start at about 00:20:00
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best