Forums
May 04, 2024, 07:08 PM

Linked Events

• Chuvash vs Kayz event STREAMING at 17:00 GMT: January 26, 2013

Author Topic: Intermediate Stream between Chuvash and Kayz, big event! Satuday 17 GMT  (Read 5717 times)

Offline Free

With all the spamm.. advertising I did, I'd be satisfied with closer to 1000 viewers.

One day, one day. :P

Offline Anubis

1000 viewers?

That's a huge # for an old game with no celebrity moderators playing it.  :D

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
If you want 1000 viewers, we would have to be recognized by reddit community. (get on the front page). But it's a bit tricky.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:36 AM by van »

Offline Free

1000 viewers?

That's a huge # for an old game with no celebrity moderators playing it.  :D

Yeah seems so, but hopefully the viewer base will grows slowly but surely. :) Internet is full of opportunities for Guerilla Marketing.

How would we get to the front page of reddit, Van?

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
How would we get to the front page of reddit, Van?

Well, tricky, because it would require a lot of luck (there are thousands of submissions posted daily), but I honestly believe we have material good enough to make it happen.
What I think is that message should be really concise, be in the form of a picture (absolutely crucial), NOT be about streaming at all (you can always explain more and link to the stream in the comments), but it also should be posted at the time when the stream is online so if anyone's interested he could check it out. Not shoving down anyone's throat, not spamming, but going viral is the only method.

I would appeal to the idea of worms still getting updates (and maybe proscene potential) just like the post that got on the front page of Polish reddit/digg alternative:
http://www.wykop.pl/link/1357083/worms-armageddon-update-v3-7-0-0-wydany/
It was submitted a month ago and if you check the wormnet statistics for Poland here: http://stats.worms2d.info/countries.html
you can clearly see that polish player base has doubled (!) since then.

I realize it sounds kinda unreal, but that's the way reddit works, I've had my posts reach front page in the past (once on /r/gaming) but it was mostly luck and appealing to the nostalgia. (screenshot of the game called 'shogo mobile armor division' combined with a semi-funny caption)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:21 AM by van »

Offline wQwTomek

Hello It's not too late to be part of your nice idea?  :)

Offline wQwTomek

soon I will play overall playoffs with Chuvash and later seasonal po's against Kayz so could be nice if you can stream it fellas

Offline Kayz

lol Tomek, win Kba3u first. Don't be too sure you beat him.

Offline wQwTomek

I already lost xD but with chuvash is sure game