Forums
May 02, 2024, 02:53 AM

Author Topic: organizing commentators  (Read 3427 times)

Re: organizing commentators
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 03:58 PM »
Would love to commentate... just depends on the time.  Who wants to be my co-host?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:02 PM by ShyGuy »
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline barman

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 04:28 PM »
I'm signing up for elite, rope schemes and entertainment breaks between rounds
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline taner

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 05:54 PM »
SHYGUY,I WOULD.

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 05:44 AM »
awesome, I wanna commentate with you :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 07:32 PM »
i would commentate as well, with shyguy would be ideal..

we have experience with public speaking together all ready :D

Offline Free

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 07:55 PM »
I'm up for commentating anything except BnG or Hyst.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 08:03 PM »
I'd do it with someone who could hold up some consistent dialogue.  I have experience like shy, I did radio in high school and did sports broadcast in college, as well as production.  Thought I was going to do it for a career but decided to become a lawyer instead, lol.  Don't want to commentate with someone that can't provide filler.  I've done play-by-play and color, so I could do either.  I think i'd be a good match with someone that can provide in depth analysis, I think id be a good fit with barman, shy, orange, or anus.  I'm serious about this if you need the manpower, its always been a hobby of mine to commentate sports, and this is vaguely close, so it would be good to jump into a little amateur broadcast again.  I think one thing that has been totally missing from the broadcasts is identifying the viewers with the players.  Too many times I've watched a stream where the players in question were just nameless drones to the players.  If even not to commentate, I can offer some pretty good criticism as well, people need to fill out their roles when commentating.  The well produced and organized commentating you see on youtube and television isn't just 2 guys winging it, you take turns. 

Anyways, let me know, this is a passion of mine for sure.  I've really liked what orange has done so far with his channel, and I feel like it could be so much better with just a push in the right direction.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:16 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline avirex

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 08:07 PM »
keep in mind also, there does not have to be constant talking... you dont wanna be the guy where everyone is thinking "does this guy ever stfu"

its not radio- and thats all there is to offer, is audio...

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 08:18 PM »
keep in mind also, there does not have to be constant talking... you dont wanna be the guy where everyone is thinking "does this guy ever stfu"

its not radio- and thats all there is to offer, is audio...
You would be in the minority, jeff.  Go on youtube to some popular commentating videos, and tell me how many sustained pauses there are.....lol.  But I don't know, maybe worms people like silence, I guess this isn't your typical community of gamers.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:20 PM by TheWalrus »

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 12:13 AM »
I'll commentate with anyone, but I can't really make promises to commentate specific things, it's just whenever I get on and it is convenient for me to commentate (no one in my room talking, don't have to be somewhere, etc).  I pretty much talk about the game like complete noobs are watching, don't know if that's what you're looking for... I try to explain everything, some of the stuff is painfully obvious

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 12:36 AM »
If people liked when I was guest commentating, I'm up for repeat appearances. I learned some stuff about Intermediate last time :)

Offline OrangE

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 03:45 AM »
cooool avi.

darkone you are great for commenting, i would really love to have you again.

the commentators are growing up, and that's great. i hope that you guys will decide soon a date for the finals. i have a very nice surprise for the stream of finals PO's annnnd now we got a very cool group of commentators aswell.

im very happy about this.

Offline Free

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 05:19 AM »
The date for PO clanner finals is 9th, 20GMT, I think, not sure about the time.

I'd be most of value when talking about elite/inter/t17.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 02:40 PM »
ah great.

Offline Khamski

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 06:02 PM »
Yep, ready to comment Inter from time to time.