Forums
May 01, 2024, 06:51 PM

Author Topic: Streaming daily/weekly tournaments. And general ideas about streaming.  (Read 3270 times)

Offline Free

Yes. Give me an image for it and the text, I'll put it on home page slider.

thanks! working on it.

How's it coming along mate?

Also the timetable discussed on some thread is a faaaaaaaaaaaantastic idea, works perfectly, then add advertising and watch the audience and players grow daaay by day.

Since Orange can't do all the streaming himself all the time, we should have a list of streamers who would be ready to help so we could get as much stream time as possible.

Offline barman

Really liked your stream last night, watched some. If we just could get the draw function to work, it would improve the streaming quality by bounds and leaps, are you sure there's nothing you can do about it?

And next time, work on the transparent box explaning the rules/goals of the scheme.

Nice commentating both!
Thanks ;)

We kinda ended up agreeing that the draw function is rather useless and brings too many technical difficulties. It's too hard for two commentators to work together when only one can draw stuff on screen.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Free

Okay. Is there any other creative solution we can come up with?

Offline MonkeyIsland

Monkey Island - what about feature in tus where our guys could use callendar or something so everybody could see what game is streaming now and in future !?

Calendar is setup. Moderators of this board can create and manage events. I removed birthdays in the calendar so that it opens up enough space for these events. Birthdays are still seen from the home page though.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Free

So how is this coming along? You guys got time to start tournament streams this weekend? We should start advertising already then.

First tournament will be Intermediate. It seems to be the most user-friendly scheme.

And seriously about the draw function, if it can be functioned propely, even if just one user can use it, we are going to start using it, depending on the scheme, the one with most tactical experience will have the command on the draw function.

It just has to be done because it adds so much depth and understanding.

I've just realized twitch.tv has an API, so it is possible to automatically grab info about the current streams.

API page: https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API

Here is a link to get Orange's current stream info: https://twitch.tv/kraken/streams/weirdjack/

I think it would be nice if MI could find some time to parse this JSON respond and insert an info line on the main page :) I can help, but it looks pretty easy.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Free

I'M ASKING FOR EVERY WORMER TO TRY AND ADVERTISE THIS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE IF THIS STREAM WORKS OUT GREAT BIG THINGS WILL BECOME TRUE, TRUST ME, I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT EVERYTHING NOW BUT I WILL LATER ON.

@ Statik, nice one man. I'm sure Tomato<3 will get to the bottom of it!

Offline OrangE

I've just realized twitch.tv has an API, so it is possible to automatically grab info about the current streams.

API page: https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API

Here is a link to get Orange's current stream info: https://twitch.tv/kraken/streams/weirdjack/

I think it would be nice if MI could find some time to parse this JSON respond and insert an info line on the main page :) I can help, but it looks pretty easy.

ooooh this is amazing, i'm noob at this so i didn't check it out.

this means that MI could put a box in the homepage saying when the stream is live, or even embed it? :ooo

ooooh this is amazing, i'm noob at this so i didn't check it out.

this means that MI could put a box in the homepage saying when the stream is live, or even embed it? :ooo

no need to embed it, just display a link with stream name or be more agressive and show a popup window so you won't miss it xD It is possible to display a preview image tho.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win