Forums
May 01, 2024, 09:12 PM

Author Topic: Streaming daily/weekly tournaments. And general ideas about streaming.  (Read 3271 times)

Offline Free

I'M ASKING FOR EVERY WORMER TO TRY AND ADVERTISE THIS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE IF THIS STREAM WORKS OUT GREAT BIG THINGS WILL BECOME TRUE, TRUST ME, I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT EVERYTHING NOW BUT I WILL LATER ON

Been asking peoples opinions in forums and the general opinion seems to be that they are more interested on default schemes than roping schemes because most of them are not familiar with roping at all.

What if we start organizing and streaming tournaments (daily/weekly/whatever) of default schemes (Aerial, Elemental also.. hysteria I don't agree with) with commentating, at least for starters. Later we could spice things up with Roper and RR tournaments too. So the commentating would be directed for the new audience when it comes to commentary, but naturally everyone can tune in.

We can only pick and choose one stream at a time, but we I suppose it's not a problem, try to choose the most interesting game.

Basically how popular the streams become is about choosing the most audience friendly schemes to play (we can even tweak them to make them more attractive) and the SKILLS of commentators.

Orange showed this cool tweak where you can draw on the screen at the same time the game is going on so it would really help people to understand how the tactics and weapons work, flying trajectories and stuff.

AND, to make things more clear players should use teams with their Wormnet name as the team and also use Worm1, Worm2, Worm3 etc.. as names, makes it easier to follow and explain some tactics like worm advantage.

Any ideas? Suggestions how to make it work etc.? Who would got the time/passion to commit on this? Naturally we can switch commentators around but we should make timetable or something about it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:51 AM by Free »

Offline Free

Fine, don't wanna start arguing about it. xD

You gonna be one of the commentators? Seems like your very active so it would be nice.

Offline TheKomodo

Yeah, and I wasn't trying to start an arguement, but here's the thing:

I agree with you, if every Hysteria was like the one they played the other night, it's an embarassment lol...

But most Hysterias I see are more fun/exciting than that...

And yes, i'll commentate on Hysteria, but like I said I am available only on Wednesday/Thursday/Fridays, and Saturday mornings.

Offline Free

Yeah, and I wasn't trying to start an arguement, but here's the thing:

I agree with you, if every Hysteria was like the one they played the other night, it's an embarassment lol...

But most Hysterias I see are more fun/exciting than that...

And yes, i'll commentate on Hysteria, but like I said I am available only on Wednesday/Thursday/Fridays, and Saturday mornings.

Cool stuff mate. :)

Offline Anubis

You can use the drawing mechanic in RR to make artificial "checkpoints" so the commentator(s) can compare the performance better when checking the time at 1/2 of map. Much easier to commentate when you have something to talk about.

Don't just include classic league schemes in the podcasts, but show them all the aspects of WA.

Include hysteria and watch people fleeing 1 by 1 after 2 minutes of gameplay.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Not if it's a 6 player funner Hysteria with voice chat banter!

Offline Free

Biggest complaints I've received has been the lack of talking about tactics, which I can understand if other player/clan is listening but it's necessary to talk about the ideas behind the actions, otherwise they have no clue why someone did what he did and what might be his future plans.

Since we can't do anything about the fact that if one wants to hear the commentating while he/she is playing, commentators just have to simply ignore it and talk about the tactics openly. I can't see any other solution.

And yes, we will show as many schemes as possible, it's a good idea.

Not if it's a 6 player funner Hysteria with voice chat banter!

The return of #wormsteria? :) Count me in! Get yourself a mike, KRD, to join the voice chat banter.

Offline Free

Biggest complaints I've received has been the lack of talking about tactics, which I can understand if other player/clan is listening but it's necessary to talk about the ideas behind the actions, otherwise they have no clue why someone did what he did and what might be his future plans.

Since we can't do anything about the fact that if one wants to hear the commentating while he/she is playing, commentators just have to simply ignore it and talk about the tactics openly. I can't see any other solution.

And yes, we will show as many schemes as possible, it's a good idea.

Actually is it possible to add 1 minute delay for the stream? Then commentators could talk about the tactics freely.

Offline OrangE

1 minute delay? no it is not possible.

about the drawing thing ill explain the issue that comes with it: i can use the drawing thing only in windowed mode, and when i use it the sound goes off. plus if i use it lets say in a RR, when the screen moves the drawing overlay will move with it. so i can use it only with the block screen on for a short time. plus now i managed to stream fullscreen, which gives a really nice quality and a perfect aspect ratio. so i won't be able to use that drawing thing anymore, unless i switch to the windowed mode again.

Offline Free

f@#!. :D

I personally don't give a f@#! if opponent get's a general idea of what I'm about to do since I'm already prepared to the fact he knows about it.

Let's just talk about tactics freely.

Let's organize our first tournament on Tuesday? Who's ready to commentate and on what time?

One of my ideas is to start with tournaments where schemes change every game, so the audience gets most out of it and find schemes they'd like to watch/try for themselves.

What do you guys think?

Offline darKz

Yeah a delay of a few minutes would be great, seems like it's only possible in partnership with twitch.tv and only after requesting such a feature.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010