1 (5.6%)
May 17
6 (33.3%)
Day after Xmas?
5 (27.8%)
Last Weekend of a month?
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Worms Holiday  (Read 3009 times)

Offline avirex

Worms Holiday
« on: November 02, 2013, 07:03 PM »
this has been something i have been thinking about for a while.. im not sure i have ever posted about it though...

there has been so many wormers over the years that have come, and gone... Many may never come back, and thats depressing, im sure we all can think of a handful of worms that we would love to see again, even if it was just for a day, to have a game, and talk with...

I think we should create a Worms Holiday, 1 day a year that everyone comes back to Wnet, no matter if your inactive or not.. it would have to be a time of year that generally people are available.. so most likely winter, and the date should have some kind of meaning, or a date that can be easily remembered..

its too bad this date was not created long ago, would be nice to see old faces, even if it were just for 1 day, but its never too late...   so in the case that anyone stops playing today, we can have a date they will remember to come back, and even if worms ever dies, (and i hope not) ten years down the road we will all meet back up in AG for a day, and play some games :D

sound like a good idea??

anyone have any suggestions for a date?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:39 PM by avirex »

Offline Kaleu

Re: Worms Holiday
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 07:26 PM »
Yes, good idea.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline SpideR

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 07:31 PM »
A suggestion for the date could be Worms Armageddon official release in May 31st (1999)

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 07:42 PM »
That's only the American release date, UK and Europe got the game a few months earlier. :P

But yeah, I definitely vote to make this happen. Maybe the 17th of some month? Because we're all joined in our disdain for Team17 and aren't likely to forget their name, I mean... :D

Offline Stefan22

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 07:52 PM »
very nice idea, will be nice to see some guys i seen in December 2011-Spring 2012

anyone have any suggestions for a date?

Maybe the 17th of some month?

Maybe good in July :)
Please do not go through my post history. I was 8 years old at the time of this account's creation (I turned 18 in 2022) and as a result I spoke broken English and behaved in a very childish/offensive way. If you want to contact me please refer to www.tus-wa.com/profile/RollerTH

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 09:48 PM »
why only 1 day? and it shouldn't be some exact date, last saturday/sunday is better I think

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 10:53 PM »
Well, the last public prediction of the end of the world was may 21st 2011, so considering it's worms armageddon, why not make the day may 21st?

Offline Crazy

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 02:12 AM »
That's only the American release date, UK and Europe got the game a few months earlier. :P

But yeah, I definitely vote to make this happen. Maybe the 17th of some month? Because we're all joined in our disdain for Team17 and aren't likely to forget their name, I mean... :D

17th of May is the national day in Norway, I think that's a great suggestion KRD :-[

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 02:20 AM »
Maybe next year?  I need time to rally the troops.

Offline SpideR

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 02:10 PM »
May.be17

For some reason I like the date. Mid-winter, or mid-summer in north case, could be a nice date too.
But I have another idea, since an specific date could come in a week day, maybe we could arrange like the second weekend of certain month?

Weekends will prolly get more people able to play than weekdays...

Offline philie

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 06:27 PM »
... like the second weekend of certain month?

Weekends will prolly get more people able to play than weekdays...

true, but that's also harder to remember.

nice idea btw.

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 07:55 PM »
Yes, please. Weekends or public holidays.

Offline Ray

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 11:04 PM »
I really like this idea! :)

I wonder though, if the intention is to make some long not seen faces join #AG for a day, how do we get the word out to those people? I'm thinking about some single-page website with like some cool worms-like artwork and a big-ass counter for the day (or days, week, whatever we agree on) as a promotion, then we could just send the link and some message to some of our old friends on IM, TUS PM, email, whatnot.

I definitely think it should always happen on a weekend, most of us are busy during weekdays and I think it would help the attendance to organize this on a Saturday or on a Sunday.

I doubt there would be any date that any wormer could really relate to right now, I mean I'd have to google to find out the release date of the game and such things so maybe let's come up with an arbitrary date considering what the best would be for the sake of a high attendance! ;)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 10:23 AM »
Very good idea avi!

I would certainly join such an event. :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 10:48 AM »
Should maybe set the event for 2 days within the same week (for those who may be working/holiday on the day).