Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:11 AM

Author Topic: worms streaming bot  (Read 4927 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: worms streaming bot
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 07:11 AM »
I do applaud worms revolution, but WWP, W2:A (X360 & PS3), and W:Reloaded were obvious money grabs. 

I disagree, WWP for me is the 2nd best in the series, when WWP 1st came out, it was WAY better than WA imo, but when the updates with colour maps/replays/being able to minimise etc came out, WA became best again.

I so wish they had done all these updates to WWP and not WA, but what can you do lol...

Revolution on the other hand is a pile of utter shite...

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 07:47 AM »
I do applaud worms revolution, but WWP, W2:A (X360 & PS3), and W:Reloaded were obvious money grabs. 

I disagree, WWP for me is the 2nd best in the series, when WWP 1st came out, it was WAY better than WA imo, but when the updates with colour maps/replays/being able to minimise etc came out, WA became best again.

I so wish they had done all these updates to WWP and not WA, but what can you do lol...

Revolution on the other hand is a pile of utter shite...
I'm pretty sure replay files were first implemented with deadcodes patch of wa, but i might be wrong.  and color map importing, wormpot + minimization aren't worth paying full retail price.  WWP was one of the biggest money grabs out of any game i can remember. 

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 08:05 AM »
I'm pretty sure replay files were first implemented with deadcodes patch of wa, but i might be wrong.

That's what I just said lol...

and color map importing, wormpot + minimization aren't worth paying full retail price.  WWP was one of the biggest money grabs out of any game i can remember.

Well, I think it was worth it, definitely not a money grab in my eyes.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 08:23 AM »
I'm pretty sure replay files were first implemented with deadcodes patch of wa, but i might be wrong.

That's what I just said lol...

and color map importing, wormpot + minimization aren't worth paying full retail price.  WWP was one of the biggest money grabs out of any game i can remember.

Well, I think it was worth it, definitely not a money grab in my eyes.

how is charging full prize for something that is a 8€ DLC at most not a money grab?

Team17 admitted it was a money grab, they intended it to be a f@#!ing addon but tada, dreamcast release of the game and they jumped on the boat and said, let's port it to PC.

that's how retarded they were

and now they're worse

they're basically an indie iOS game developer with ego

if they do something good for this game it will be by mistake, and if they make any more with WA, it will also be by mistake. They are unable to see potential nor to exploit it, their idea of exploiting potential was making the jump to 3d, and now where has that seen them? Almost rotting where they belong, abandonware hell.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 08:39 AM »
For me at least, WWP was WAY better than WA, when it 1st came out, that makes it worth it in my opinion.

I only picked WA over WWP because WA had all the support and updates by DeadCode/CyberShadow.

If you wanna talk about money grabbing, try some shit like Call of Duty, releasing basically the same shit every year...

The point I am trying to make really is, when they released WWP, it was an improvement, it was better, but then everything went downhill after that, they took everything out of the game that the actual hardcore addicts loved bit by bit.

I am not stating ANY of this as a fact, it's merely my opinion, when did Team17 admit such thing ropa, evidence please or I shrug it off as nonsense.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 09:02 AM »
For me at least, WWP was WAY better than WA, when it 1st came out, that makes it worth it in my opinion.

I only picked WA over WWP because WA had all the support and updates by DeadCode/CyberShadow.

If you wanna talk about money grabbing, try some shit like Call of Duty, releasing basically the same shit every year...

The point I am trying to make really is, when they released WWP, it was an improvement, it was better, but then everything went downhill after that, they took everything out of the game that the actual hardcore addicts loved bit by bit.

I am not stating ANY of this as a fact, it's merely my opinion, when did Team17 admit such thing ropa, evidence please or I shrug it off as nonsense.

Your arguments are so flawed I'm not going to stop and teach you how to properly look at the world.

Call of duty makes a new game from scratch every year with production values better than most movies out of hollywood, including but not limited to a full cast of actors and full body motion of the whole game.

I don't care if WWP was a better game when it was released, that's not what I'm arguing, it was a money grab, the game was intended as an add on but team17 saw a chance to milk the cow with the dreamcast launch opportunity. My rage comes from the fact they tried really hard to try to convince the communtiy WWP was a game coded from scratch, something new and exciting; most likely used one team to port WA to dreamcast, the trainees to add some features that DC and CS could add in a heartbeat assuming employment and a half arsed art team to change the frontend and add hats. And when the hoards of noobs complained "NOT A SINGLE NEW WEAPON?" they tried to sell they made this all from scratch and somehow the sprites and the engine turned out to be the same (except for roping, they messed up there hehehe).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:04 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 09:09 AM »
ropa how can you teach anybody anything when you can't even read lol?

Didn't you read the part where I said, "I am not stating ANY of this as a fact, it's merely my opinion"?

ropa - learn to read

Are you reading this part? What is 2+2?

Are you still reading, or have you drifted off again into a world of your own again?

CoD makes a new game "from scratch" my ass, you have no evidence of this.

And as usual, when asked to prove things you said, you fail, again, I ask, either show me evidence of "Team17 admitting it" or go take more cocaine and be a dumbass the rest of your life.

ropa - this means, HARD evidence, not you typing a bunch of bullshit.

If you can't provide this I will ignore you and talk to the other people who actually have a f@#!ing brain.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 09:11 AM »
ropa how can you teach anybody anything when you can't even read lol?

Didn't you read the part where I said, "I am not stating ANY of this as a fact, it's merely my opinion"?

ropa - learn to read

Are you reading this part? What is 2+2?

Are you still reading, or have you drifted off again into a world of your own again?

CoD makes a new game "from scratch" my ass, you have no evidence of this.

And as usual, when asked to prove things you said, you fail, again, I ask, either show me evidence of "Team17 admitting it" or go take more cocaine and be a dumbass the rest of your life.

ropa - this means, HARD evidence, not you typing a bunch of bullshit.

If you can't provide this I will ignore you and talk to the other people who actually have a f@#!ing brain.

I'm not sure how you manage to lace your shoes never mind survive a whole day without a fatal accident

I'm really not sure
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 09:13 AM »
Wally, eager to hear from you mate  ;D

Offline avirex

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 11:30 AM »
how did this thread get so derailed???

oh, hey komo, whats up dude!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 11:34 AM »
Hi avi :)

Well, me and Wally were just passing opinions, then ropa comes in thinking he's god lol...

Sorry, people just like arguing with me lol.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013, 11:57 AM »
Komo, call of duty black ops 2 cost more than 100 million to develop.  Games are big business now, and to make money you have to spend money.  Ropa was half right when he was talking about it built from scratch, everything but the engine gets re-done, they have used the same engine for about the last 3 games (mostly because they gear the game toward consoles, and this generation of consoles is about maxed out).  They have never recycled a weapon game to game without reworking it.  WA ---> WWP used all the same weapons, they were so lazy they couldn't even add one stupid new weapon.  Hell, the rubberworm or whatever wormkit (someone correct me) has added more weapons than team17 has since 1998.  WWP probably cost nothing, save for the licensing to publish for the dreamcast and one programmer to port the game to PC (I can't imagine they needed more than that).  Team17 has missed the boat on really expanding their core franchises (alien breed, worms) and has instead time and time again regurgitated the same formula.  It's as if they wish worms to die a slow and painful death while squeezing every last dime out of the franchise.  They must keep their costs very low, because they are still in business despite not producing anything critically acclaimed in years.  They are going to ride the cold dead corpse of worms until the studio goes under, it seems.

Offline avirex

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 12:00 PM »
to be on topic, with the off topic...

w:a is just a dumbed down version of w2, with a more fluffy interface... so what's your points about any other games?...

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 12:03 PM »
So in your humble opinion Komo, what was it that made WWP better than WA at launch?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 02:21 PM »
Wally/KRD:

http://www.everythingisaremix.info/everything-is-a-remix-part-1/

Nothing today is built from scratch.

Edit: You will need to watch all 4 parts to get the whole picture.