Forums
April 28, 2024, 07:42 PM

Author Topic: worms streaming bot  (Read 4922 times)

Re: worms streaming bot
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 03:13 PM »
Komo, call of duty black ops 2 cost more than 100 million to develop.
black ops cost 100 million xDd
shenmue cost 70 million and it was the most expensive game in the world till the moment gta IV out (and now bioshock infinite)
I didnt read whole your post but team17 put alot of effort into wwp, missions, wormpot and all

Offline Prankster

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2013, 03:30 PM »
Yeah, (probably) nothing is made from scratch today, but there are still differences in originality (and complexity):

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2013, 03:36 PM »

I didnt read whole your post but team17 put alot of effort into wwp, missions, wormpot and all

adding a DLC isn't a lot of effort of a games company. What is a lot of effort is trying to sell it as a whole game and have people believe them.

well, in your case, little effort, but that's mostly because you put a lot from your end, or basically nothing.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 05:04 PM »
Owners of W:A should have gotten WWP for free since it was just a rehash of W:A with some gameplay options added.
It's like this shitty game Orion: Dino Beatdown (now known as Orion: Dino Horde) they added a few maps and 1-2 modes and re-sell it. Except the people that already own Dino Beatdown game get it for free.

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 05:23 PM »
TCB has more missions than WWP and has some challenges that have a lot of originality and metagame than the WWP missions, even though it was just an amateur project. Wormpot doesn't seem like a lot of hard work to implement when you look at the options - most options already existed separately or at least you had the option to them in WA. Seems more like a DLC to me as well.

But why did this degrade into a WWP vs WA thing when it started out with such a nice question?

Offline Anubis

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 05:28 PM »
Natural progression of discussions when you talk with friends. :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 06:19 PM »
ok enough about that...

is there anyone who can make a bot that streams games???

if there anyone who can host it, and has a powerful pc, and server (or whatever is needed)

does anyone know DC or CS, and can present this idea to them??

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2013, 06:49 PM »
I can link Vladimir to this thread, but I don't see how he might be able to host something like this on the same server everything else is already on.

For one thing, that server runs a Linux distribution (as do most servers), meaning an instance of WA just won't run on it natively, you'd require a layer of Wine emulation in between, and that might not be ideal compatibility and performance wise. Secondly, as you all know, streaming at a decent picture quality requires a lot of bandwidth and I'm not sure how much of that can be spared during peak hours. Lastly, and this is my own concern, wouldn't automating the streaming process kind of devalue the effort of doing it right, properly organised and commentated and flashy? I really enjoyed the CWT and weirdjack streams and I think I'd rather wait for the real deal again over doing it with a bot just because.

Not to mention someone would actually have to go and, you know, make the whole thing.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2013, 07:24 PM »
For Playoffs and Cup Finals etc. a streaming bot would be better than nothing since more (all) can watch it live though. Of course the entertainment value is a lot lower without commentary but still the live environment and chat a stream offers can be more entertaining than watching it after it's done and all alone in your room.

I would watch more matches rather live with chat than afterwards when I know the outcome already.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:27 PM by Anubis »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 07:26 PM »
it makes 0 sense to make a bot to stream

if you're going to code a bot and have him join games might as well have him work with the replay file (real time uploading and playback using everyone's WA (you can't watch without the game installed)
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 11:53 PM »
ropa, go to AG and play a game... everyone misses you.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 12:32 AM »
Can we split this topic of the WWP/WA debate please, because I am not finished yet.

Alot of you seem to be saying something along the lines of:

"WWP is basically just WA with a few extra things thrown in"

1st off, so f@#!ing what? Whoop-dee-f@#!ing-doo !

I have bought WA more than 3 times, wait, does this mean because I bought it the 1st time I should get it for free or something? No, it's still a f@#!ing "PRODUCT" and deserves to be treated as such, as far as I am concerned, you all need a slap for being so selfish, you obviously just feel let down the game wasn't "as good as you expected", and guess what, boo f@#!ing hoohoo, that's YOUR problem.

Personally like I said, I loved it, I preferred it over WA, when it 1st came out.

I preferred the roping/warming (which was the only thing I done back then), I absolutely loved the wormpots, these were so much f@#!ing fun for me, those 2 things made WWP absolutely f@#!ing dominate WA in my opinion, plus I preferred the WWP community *at the time* to the "we have huge heads and we own everyone" attitude of what WA had.

I don't give a rats ass if they used the same f@#!ing coding, game machine, or whatever the f@#! it's called, SO MANY GAMES COMPANIES DO THIS, Quake engine ffs !

All asians look the same? All f@#!ing shooters look the same? It's all the same damn thing, but with LITTLE differences, that make ALL the difference...

Bottom line, it's THEIR f@#!ing company, they can do whatever they want with it, you don't need to shop with them.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 02:07 AM »
I have bought WA more than 3 times, wait, does this mean because I bought it the 1st time I should get it for free or something?

It means that you should have made a back-up copy.

Bottom line, it's THEIR f@#!ing company, they can do whatever they want with it, you don't need to shop with them.

Yeah, they can. But we can also say that it was a cheap money grab, no?

Personally, I liked WWP for aliases without fingerroll, some BnG aliases, fun times. :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 02:12 AM »
Anubis, I do have backups, but I prefer originals.

WA+WWP are both ridiculously cheap, even when they 1st came out were very cheap.

It's hardly a money grab lol.

Definitely worth WAY MORE than 80% of the shitty games on PS3/Xbox etc which are like £40-£80 to buy retail price THOSE c@#!S are moneygrabbers, not T17.

T17 may be dumb, but I don't think they are money grabbers...

Offline Anubis

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 02:15 AM »
I actually found, without much effort reviews of WWP that even underlines that WWP is not a "full" game.

Gamespot:

It's a shame that Titus is forcing Worms fans to pay stand-alone prices for what easily could have been an expansion pack. As it is--those who've never played a Worms game or never got around to picking up Worms Armageddon will thoroughly enjoy Worms World Party. But if you're looking forward to a true sequel, you'll have to keep waiting.

They were cheap? I payed full retail price for it, wth are you talking about. xD The review even says it's a shame that Titus is forcing people to buy stand alone prices (full price, not expansion price).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:17 AM by Anubis »