Forums
April 26, 2024, 11:09 AM

Author Topic: 2015 Worm Olympics prediction thread.  (Read 6064 times)

Offline MarianRV

Re: 2015 Worm Olympics prediction thread.
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 08:17 PM »
At least try and make sure replays and standings are properly updated this time.

Those are updated automatically once the replays are uploaded, so I don't understand why you're demanding this of Balee. It's not like he joins every game ever on WO and has to upload them all himself.

And btw, should get rid of the "multiplier" thing, it's a pretty bad idea, only the popular schemes like Comet Dodging and Hysteria will have most players, schemes like Roper, TTRR, WxW, Darts, Abnormal all miss out...

You do understand why the multiplier was added, right? It's far less hard to win a tourney with 16 players than it is to win one with 60 players. Seems perfectly logical to me.

I wish it was more balanced so I could actually enjoy it...

That's what the multiplier is for, silly. The problem with medal count is that the system is inherently unbalanced. You could count the average, but then the person who wins the first tournament could just not play any more tournaments and claim the win of WO - especially if you remove the awful, dreadful idea of the multiplier.

In your view, the best WO would probably be one where each scheme gets the same attention with regards to how many tournaments are held, but here's the thing - WO doesn't have a small group of mods who could take care of all tournaments. The simple fact is that not all schemes are equally popular.

You've put yourself into a niche corner with darts and such, so make the best of that niche during the olympics or stop complaining :P
n1

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 08:58 PM »
Those are updated automatically once the replays are uploaded, so I don't understand why you're demanding this of Balee. It's not like he joins every game ever on WO and has to upload them all himself.

It didn't work last time there were big delays, I wasn't the only one to notice.

You do understand why the multiplier was added, right? It's far less hard to win a tourney with 16 players than it is to win one with 60 players. Seems perfectly logical to me.

No, it isn't "far less hard" the best players will still always beat the lesser skilled players at least until the final 4-8 pretty much every single time. Please stop making claims that aren't bloody true...

You've put yourself into a niche corner with darts and such, so make the best of that niche during the olympics or stop complaining :P

I have always hated WO, but you wouldn't understand.

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2015, 10:27 PM »
No, it isn't "far less hard" the best players will still always beat the lesser skilled players at least until the final 4-8 pretty much every single time. Please stop making claims that aren't bloody true...

More players = more skilled players (or more 'best players' as you put it) and therefore more competition and therefore harder to win. The concept is not that bloody difficult to understand as long as you're willing to listen to opposing views.

I have always hated WO, but you wouldn't understand.

So far, the only reason you give for hating WO is that you can't win the overall standings outright.
I understand that, but it's not a very good reason for hating it.

Offline HHC

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2015, 10:44 PM »

Who cares, WO starts this weekend. Fun fun and then afterwards we bitch bitch. Not before.

Offline Peja

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2015, 10:56 PM »
Cant wait to bitch you in our obligatory team ups xD

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2015, 11:42 PM »
More players = more skilled players (or more 'best players' as you put it) and therefore more competition and therefore harder to win. The concept is not that bloody difficult to understand as long as you're willing to listen to opposing views.

More players = more players
More skill = more skill
More players DOES NOT = more skill unless it's more SKILLED players...

Dafuq is wrong with you? You really don't have a clue what you are talking about lol.

A lot of the schemes are heavily luck based, so it's easier to win those against skilled players.

But for stuff like Hysteria, Intermediate, Elite, T17, etc, it's pretty much always the same players who win no matter how many play, so go fly away with your absolutely absurd bullsh*t lol.

So far, the only reason you give for hating WO is that you can't win the overall standings outright.
I understand that, but it's not a very good reason for hating it.

When did I ever say I don't like WO because I can't win? Look, I don't mind debating/arguing with you, but please don't just make up lies about me, I have never EVER played this game solely to win and I never will, I always focus on the scheme I enjoy the most, being very good at it only happens because I focus ONLY on that scheme so it's pretty much inevitable...

I've already listed the reasons I don't like WO, I am actually shocked, you usually manage to read and understand what people are saying...

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2015, 11:55 PM »
More players = more players
More skill = more skill
More players DOES NOT = more skill unless it's more SKILLED players...

Dafuq is wrong with you? You really don't have a clue what you are talking about lol.

A lot of the schemes are heavily luck based, so it's easier to win those against skilled players.

But for stuff like Hysteria, Intermediate, Elite, T17, etc, it's pretty much always the same players who win no matter how many play, so go fly away with your absolutely absurd bullsh*t lol.
Yeah, but I'm practicing. I practice often on TUS. I also practice on my Ultra League (AKA BlameThePixel 2.0). Eventually, I'll win tournaments. Also, wormers eventually retire at one point, so they stop playing the Worm Olympics altogether. So, basically, it changes often.
When did I ever say I don't like WO because I can't win? Look, I don't mind debating/arguing with you, but please don't just make up lies about me, I have never EVER played this game solely to win and I never will, I always focus on the scheme I enjoy the most, being very good at it only happens because I focus ONLY on that scheme so it's pretty much inevitable...
You should try practicing on my Ultra League/BlameThePixel Revival. After all, there is going to be quite a lot of practice you'll get with that league. That way, you'll start to not suck at the Worm Olympics.
I've already listed the reasons I don't like WO, I am actually shocked, you usually manage to read and understand what people are saying...
I'm shocked that you managed to criticize the WO in a WO Prediction Thread. Seriously. If you're going to rant about the WO, make a new thread for it.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2015, 11:56 PM »
I'm not going to explain basic statistics to you, since it clearly doesn't ring a bell for you and will contend with posting another xkcd image in the spirit of HHC's post:

Not going to bother with the rest either. Enjoy WO or enjoy complaining about WO. Whatever rocks your boat.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2015, 02:32 AM »
I'm not going to explain basic statistics to you

Until you can understand how competitive gaming works, shut up. You have never dominated a scheme so you will never know what it's like to easily win Tournaments.

Offline Balee

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2015, 08:30 AM »
It didn't work last time there were big delays, I wasn't the only one to notice.
There were some technical difficulties we experienced, but you wouldn't understand.

But yeah. We get it. You're a special little snowflake.

Good for you.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2015, 08:53 AM »
There were some technical difficulties we experienced, but you wouldn't understand.

Indeed, but unlike DarkOne, I can admit that I wouldn't understand something ;)

However it would be nice to have detailed explanation anyway, I remember being told before about technical difficulties am I correct in remembering it was something to do with email accounts? Never really got the full story just that it was something to do with emails not being received properly.

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2015, 09:44 AM »
I'm not going to explain basic statistics to you, since it clearly doesn't ring a bell for you and will contend with posting another xkcd image in the spirit of HHC's post:

Not going to bother with the rest either. Enjoy WO or enjoy complaining about WO. Whatever rocks your boat.
I like the graphic ;D

But yeah. We get it. You're a special little snowflake.
Good for you.
You're not the only one thinking like this

Offline piki1802

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2015, 03:06 PM »
Never saw Komo bitching for 2 pages long without suggesting anything new.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 04:09 PM by piki1802 »

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2015, 03:08 PM »
Never saw Komo botching for 2 pages long without suggesting anything new.
You know that when he says something,he'll go on forever till he proves he said the right thing

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2015, 03:48 PM »
He just wants darts in entire WO, thats all. ;D

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.