Forums
April 26, 2024, 05:07 PM

Author Topic: Bye bye, TeamED! - Animated Default Graves Tutorial using Hex Editor  (Read 527 times)

Offline h3oCharles

:-\ :-\ WARNING! THIS MAY DELETE ALL OF YOUR TEAMS IF DONE INCORRECTLY  :-\ :-\

Here's a Steam version

Spoiler! View
So, one flaw that there's with TeamED is that once you pick those graves is that you are forced to have a default soundbank and a custom fanfare. Something that I don't like a lot. Btw, this tutorial is not the explanation of how this works internally.

Ok, so first of all, you'll need a hex editor. I'll be using HxD, check it out HERE
Pick the team you want to have the animated grave on. I'll use Name. For that team give it any kind of color grave and I want you to remember the name of the grave, it'll be important in a minute.

If you're interested in this grave, you can get it HERE

Here are All the possible combinations for you. Yes, the list of them is somewhat limiting.

Once you got what you want, here comes the complicated part.

Start the hex editor and open your team file. To do that, locate your W:A directory, then go to User/Teams/ there should be a WG.WGT file, this is what you want to open.

Then, find your team name. You can to either CTRL+F to do a search or just scroll down. In my case, Name is the only team I have.

Once found, you should see the name of the grave you selected. Before it, there should be some character. In my case, it's ˙. In the Hexadecimal value, it should mean FF. Remember the position of this byte (You can select it, write down the position, whatever).

Now, go back to W:A and edit the team once more - give it [ Gravestone 1 ], apply and EXIT THE GAME.

Once you did that, go back to the hex editor. You should see now all of the bytes are 00 all of the sudden. They were from the colored grave, as the palette and the pixels are saved in the team file.
Not only that, but also [ Gravestone 1 ] has a value of 00.
This is why I wanted you to remember the position of that byte. Set it to the hex value that corresponds to the grave you want. Then, simply save and you can now play. From now on, you may not edit this team in-game.

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 09:49 AM by TheMadCharles »

Offline WTF-8

:S
only if someone could just fix TeamED and publish the fixed version
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Mega`Adnan

Would be an honour if someone add more funny self-made animated graves for W:A. :-X

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline h3oCharles

Would be an honour if someone add more funny self-made animated graves for W:A. :-X

DC/CS plz

Offline Dr Abegod

I would definitely go nuts if you could make your own animated grave

Offline h3oCharles

I would definetely go nuts if you could make your own animated grave

Yea, that would be awesome! :D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 06:30 PM by TheMadCharles »