Forums
April 27, 2024, 07:43 PM

Author Topic: criticism of worms olympics  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Ytrojan

Re: criticism of worms olympics
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 05:59 PM »
Maybe the W:A community as a whole is losing players. In that case, we should make W:A more popular in various ways.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 09:31 PM »
Your main complaint appear to be 'this is too different from classic leagues'.
I believe that was the point of WO, as lacoste put it.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 11:21 PM »
your comments are just about yourself, except for the first one. Propose something for next olympics instead of loosing time and frignare.

write some ideas, some plans... your negativism doesn't mean anything to this community, keep it back.

I
Zitto e torna a giocare favaaa

Offline ANO

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 08:24 AM »
deh oh dehhhh boja

Offline melbo

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 09:21 AM »
Your main complaint appear to be 'this is too different from classic leagues'.
I believe that was the point of WO, as lacoste put it.

Yes, but that is a minor thing.
I'm going to ask to moderation of worms olympics for the next Olympics the position to introduce  in addition to the usual tournaments ,tournament also from longer distance (1-2 days maximum).
Even in the real Olympic games, competitions aren't  "sharp" , we have the first stage heats etc.
I suggest this because, in the end, the skill is not rewarded, but because one has to lose 24 hours on 24 playing these tournaments,consequently now  who cannot afford to stay 4 hours without interruption to the computer could play.
If they want to hear me I'll  glad, but basically I don't see what they would cost: in any case it will be the mod's game that decides how much to stretch its game.
Would you agree (the most important of all)?
Restore!

Offline Godmax

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 10:32 AM »
The only tournament we should concentrate on are Russian Roulette and Comet Dodging. Thats some fair stuff.

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 10:47 AM »
The only tournament we should concentrate on are Russian Roulette and Comet Dodging. Thats some fair stuff.
What would be your definition for fair stuff? :o

Offline Godmax

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 11:10 AM »
Well I personally wont ever practise for any tournament. But then its impossible to win against people who train every day for their shit scheme. So we have to think hard about what WO means!

Is it for everyone? For people who want fun? Thats a clear no!
Is it for the 5-10 pros who want their medals? It sure is. In Russian and Comet everyone can enjoy and have fun and win. We need more like that but in all fairness some pro tournaments as well no prob.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 11:11 AM »
MaxScheme for TRL!

Offline melbo

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 11:17 AM »
Restore!

Offline Godmax

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 11:21 AM »
MaxScheme is not a bad example people can win there without practising for decades :) I mean we did but thats another topic.

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 11:30 AM »
Well I personally wont ever practise for any tournament. But then its impossible to win against people who train every day for their shit scheme. So we have to think hard about what WO means!

Is it for the 5-10 pros who want their medals? It sure is. In Russian and Comet everyone can enjoy and have fun and win. We need more like that but in all fairness some pro tournaments as well no prob.
This idea is having some sense indeed.

Offline melbo

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2015, 12:02 PM »

those pros, if they respect the rules and  are strong, they have the right to win every time they deserve. Otherwise it wo becomes the tournament of "casuistry"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:05 PM by melbo »
Restore!

Offline Godmax

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2015, 12:10 PM »
Yeah well then its only a discussion what WO means and what its for. Sure if its a 1 month nonstop pro shit then fine. Useless dogshit for most ^^

Or should it be both? If you want more people to join the cause it has to be both.