Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:12 PM

Author Topic: Feeling nostalgic - it's been a while  (Read 3980 times)

Offline varialheelflip

Re: Feeling nostalgic - it's been a while
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2013, 11:27 PM »
i've noticed that too for the past 2 weeks I've been back. I can spend my whole time on the game asking if someone wants to rope or warm, but people are too busy playing intermediates and such. back in the day it felt like 50% roping, 40% bng/team17/elites and 10% other.. and 100% sitting in AG lol

so far i struggle to see people online too. i am unable to log on during the 2-6pm EST that avi has mentioned.. this can be a problem.

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2013, 11:33 PM »
I guess those American people coming back are thanks to the Steam release. :) Nice to see that.

Offline avirex

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 10:50 AM »
yeah crazy.... we have to compare apples to apples.

is there a higher level of players these days, and more games being hosted?

maybe.... i wont argue

but is there a higher level of pros playing, and competing in leagues, and practicing their skills? absolutely not.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2013, 07:47 PM »
Avi is 28, 2004 (I definitely remember you played at that time still) when BC left Avi was 19, so he wasn't a kid with childish memories and since I am the same age I can also recall a "better" time in 2004 than in 2013 especially if you consider that BConly is a roper/warmer like me. Last monday I wanted to have a game before the dentist and I waited 30 minutes spamming someone to host something with roping other than shopper and at the end I joined a random hysteria game (omg I know).. that's something which would have been unbelievable in 2004.

W:A might be more active than 2004, but it is not of better quality (let the smites rain on me! xD).  ;D

Agreed, the overall quality of wormers has gone way down. there may be as many wormers but over 80% of them are noobs.(No offense to anyone here)

Quality of ropers has gone way down. Overall skill has gone way up. It's a different game now. If you mean quality as in wormers personalities then yea WAY down. The game is full of retards and pretty much the only oldschoolers left are all the ones that you would have wished never played the game in the first place. Nice to see some of the cooler ones coming back though.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Ryan

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2013, 08:21 PM »
Avi is 28, 2004 (I definitely remember you played at that time still) when BC left Avi was 19, so he wasn't a kid with childish memories and since I am the same age I can also recall a "better" time in 2004 than in 2013 especially if you consider that BConly is a roper/warmer like me. Last monday I wanted to have a game before the dentist and I waited 30 minutes spamming someone to host something with roping other than shopper and at the end I joined a random hysteria game (omg I know).. that's something which would have been unbelievable in 2004.

W:A might be more active than 2004, but it is not of better quality (let the smites rain on me! xD).  ;D

Agreed, the overall quality of wormers has gone way down. there may be as many wormers but over 80% of them are noobs.(No offense to anyone here)

Quality of ropers has gone way down. Overall skill has gone way up. It's a different game now. If you mean quality as in wormers personalities then yea WAY down. The game is full of retards and pretty much the only oldschoolers left are all the ones that you would have wished never played the game in the first place. Nice to see some of the cooler ones coming back though.

Wow...

Offline avirex

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2013, 09:58 PM »
yeah, dub has a sparkling personality ;)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2013, 04:26 AM »
Dub, you are a flaming idiot.  Someone had to say it.  I can only imagine your little speech has been applied inversely.  I can't say I blame you though, I'd probably say the same thing if I was a backwards-ass lumberjack from Moosef@#!, Canada.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:29 AM by TheWalrus »

Offline varialheelflip

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2013, 02:23 PM »
Dub, you are a flaming idiot.  Someone had to say it.  I can only imagine your little speech has been applied inversely.  I can't say I blame you though, I'd probably say the same thing if I was a backwards-ass lumberjack from Moosef@#!, Canada.

so, he's <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bunyan">Paul Bunyan</a>?

Offline twistah

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013, 12:10 AM »
yo, varial