Forums
May 06, 2024, 08:40 PM

Author Topic: few words about finger roll  (Read 9711 times)

Offline skime

Re: few words about finger roll
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 02:08 PM »
Of course yes Cue. I forgot how to tap by one space. ~~ (Did I mention my 3 years break? :p) But in rr I simply don't use fast taps because its better to do huge scrolls which are more effective. :)

IMO, Komo got point here. Anyway I got used to fr, its a way more comfortable now.

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 02:09 PM »
Of course yes Cue. I forgot how to tap by one space. ~~ (Did I mention my 3 years break? :p) But in rr I simply don't use fast taps because its better to do huge scrolls which are more effective. :)

IMO, Komo got point here. Anyway I got used to fr, its a way more comfortable now.

;O

Offline nghtsnip

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 03:27 PM »

I have never used any macro, and I call ppl using them cheaters.
IN 2 SPACES IT'S STILL EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR TIMING, if you miss space it doesn't react, if you press both at once, it doesn't react, like the 1 space, so it's not changing possibilites of game.

I wasn't actually aware that it wouldn't react if both were down at once I've never personally tried it myself.  Since that is the case then it I can understand it being legit.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 03:46 PM »
I have same feeling like skime, I can't play using 1 finger anymore, guess it would be such a long way back to 1 finger, as get finger roll. Since february 2008 I haven't used 1 finger for roping. I use finger roll even in t17!

I saw my alias 2 times, 1 of them was guy who I got on badly in the game before (thanks to MI), and another one few days ago... I will talk about it to someone.

Offline avirex

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 08:46 PM »

I'M PROUD OF MY FINGER ROLL, BECAUSE I KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS TO GET TIMING WHICH I HAVE NOW, I'M NOT GONNA STOP PLAYING IT, AND EVERY IDIOT WHO CALLS ME (or other finger roller) LAME IS JUST JEALOUS NOOB

lmfao... thats the funniest thing i have ever seen on this forum, mind if put it as my quote at the bottom of each post?

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 09:48 PM »
Maciej, most people who would deny 2 spaces being legit aren't jealous noobs, in fact most are probably old school pros who could care less about taps. And comments like 'one space is harder to learn' aren't reasons for the legitimacy of 2 spaces, since you could also say a macro program is easier to learn.

Also, I would have to say that using any external programs, or even kbs with 2 spaces, would have been almost unanimously frowned upon not long ago. But since people like me didn't do anything to establish any kind of 'official' standard for keyboards, in leagues or otherwise, I can't say that people who adopted 2 spaces were really going against any standard ruling they could've known about. Which is the main argument I used to have, thinking 2-space users were going against community-accepted rules, but really we never made those rules ironclad in any way.

Anyway, I'm okay with saying 2 spaces is legal, though I have more respect for people who learn the harder way, on one space.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 11:49 PM »
Also, I would have to say that using any external programs, or even kbs with 2 spaces, would have been almost unanimously frowned upon not long ago.
+1 and I keep thinking it.

Anyway, the time needed to get a high speed is lesser with taps than normal roping.
But doing taps is just about skills, so be proud of yours and don't listen to the whiners (if you use only the real spacebar for sure).

PS: Maciej, stop making such threads. <.<
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 11:52 PM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 12:04 AM »
why is it so funny avi? Just because you don't like 2 spaces? nice argument

huh Mab, believe me that using 2 spaces is not that easy, really hard to get it with good timing, and good timing is fast tap.
as I said 1 space is still down while you want to press it other time, you can't feel it properly, and if you use only 1 finger you have it always near the space, other finger rollers know what I'm talking about for sure ;)
and as I said too, I used to play my FR on 1 space for 9 MONTHS and I found it as no sense

uh sorry for my english, I can not always say exactly what I wish, hope you understand me guys, I try my best!

Offline avirex

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 12:49 AM »
when did i say i dont like 2 spaces? i can care less what u do...  im an old schooler... i use arrows, and A space bar, but if u choose to do anything different go head... no need for a huge post about it, tbh

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 01:56 AM »
Maciej, most people who would deny 2 spaces being legit aren't jealous noobs, in fact most are probably old school pros who could care less about taps. And comments like 'one space is harder to learn' aren't reasons for the legitimacy of 2 spaces, since you could also say a macro program is easier to learn.

Also, I would have to say that using any external programs, or even kbs with 2 spaces, would have been almost unanimously frowned upon not long ago. But since people like me didn't do anything to establish any kind of 'official' standard for keyboards, in leagues or otherwise, I can't say that people who adopted 2 spaces were really going against any standard ruling they could've known about. Which is the main argument I used to have, thinking 2-space users were going against community-accepted rules, but really we never made those rules ironclad in any way.

Anyway, I'm okay with saying 2 spaces is legal, though I have more respect for people who learn the harder way, on one space.

Whilst I agree with most of your post, I disagree that one space is harder.  I think worrying about 2 fingers on 2 spaces, or 2 fingers on one space is much harder.

As for Maciej's post.  I don't see a problem with him ranting about something he cares passionately about.  From his perspective he has learned a skill which he is proud of and instead of respect he is getting people call him lame.  That would piss me off too.

I think it comes down to the fact that some people, especially when they lose, find any excuse to put down their opponent rather than accept defeat graciously.  If they see fr taps they will probably call you a lame cheat because it makes them feel better and it gives them something to blame for their loss other than their lack of skill.  Don't worry about it man.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 06:10 AM »

Whilst I agree with most of your post, I disagree that one space is harder.  I think worrying about 2 fingers on 2 spaces, or 2 fingers on one space is much harder.

As for Maciej's post.  I don't see a problem with him ranting about something he cares passionately about.  From his perspective he has learned a skill which he is proud of and instead of respect he is getting people call him lame.  That would piss me off too.

I think it comes down to the fact that some people, especially when they lose, find any excuse to put down their opponent rather than accept defeat graciously.  If they see fr taps they will probably call you a lame cheat because it makes them feel better and it gives them something to blame for their loss other than their lack of skill.  Don't worry about it man.

Very wise words Cue, I totally agree, I also totally disagree with Mablak:

Mablak, I am personally, along with Chicken and Avirex one of the oldest players on WA who have ALWAYS been active, so saying "But since people like me didn't do anything to establish any kind of 'official' standard for keyboards" is kind of wrong, just because you are one of the best, which you are undoubtly lol, sure you can influence other peoples opinions, but you can't make them on your own, just like me and BnG, people listen to me, but I don't go around making decisions on my own, I can only try to influence people, anyway:

I started out with roping, I have ALWAYS roped on 1 spacebar, until earlier this year, I spilled Vodka on my best keyboard which was a 13 year old Dell, and perfect for 2 hand taps and normal on the normal spacebar, anyway, point is, I tried finding another keyboard, I spent over £150, on about 8 different keyboards, just this year trying to find one that works, NONE of them worked perfect, some tapped fast, but 3 key lock, some had no 3 key lock but wouldn't let me tap and keep beeping me randomly for no reason.

So anyway, after spending this amount of money, and still having no luck, why should I keep buying different keyboards when I can use a keychanger? Or use 2 spacebars because 1 sucks, Having 2 spacebars on a slow crappy keyboard, is exactly the same imo to having 1 spacebar that is absolutely amazing, you tamper with your spacebar Cody, you have admitted to putting things under there, imo this is worse than just having 2 natural, untampered with spacebars, although I still think this is fine and nothing wrong with it, I think it is worse than doing something that is natural, I think they are both as bad as each other, but both acceptable and completely innocent, some keyboards come standard with 2 spaces, what keyboards come natural with crap stuck under there?

I can rope good again thanks to keychanger allowing me to use Left Control instead of the Spacebar, give me a keyboard I can rope exactly the same with on the standard spacebar, WITHOUT having to tamper with it, and i'll use it :)

With this logic, golfers shouldn't be able to do weights to help out their arms, footballers shouldn't be allowed to excercise and stretch before a match because it helps them to loosen up, rugby players shouldn't be able to weightlift to get incredibly huge to help them tackle their opponents, pool players shouldn't be allowed to use chalk to give their shot more accuracy or whatever it does, the list goes on.

These are similar examples showing that it is ok to do something to help and make it more interesting without taking away the skill-factor, using keychanger, or 2 spaces does not instantly make you awesome, it's a style people are looking for, not a cheat, and doing this, does not make them cheaters or lame, like I said before, it's the arrows thats makes the roper, not the spacebar...

Damn just realised this is a ridiculously huge post, but anyone who cares will read it all, anyway, Cody lol, I think this is the 1st time i've ever disagreed with you... :O

Offline darKz

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 06:18 AM »
Mablak, I am personally, along with Chicken and Avirex one of the oldest players on WA [...]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't avi play Worms 2 before and "upgraded" to WA in like 2004? :P

Anyway sorry for off topic, nice post Dave, a lot of truth in it.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 06:21 AM »
Mablak, I am personally, along with Chicken and Avirex one of the oldest players on WA [...]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't avi play Worms 2 before and "upgraded" to WA in like 2004? :P

Anyway sorry for off topic, nice post Dave, a lot of truth in it.

Well I thought he was playing WA before that lol, but anyway, he's been playing w2 longer than we have been playing WA so that has to count for something, right?

And thanks :)

Offline ZiPpO

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 06:25 AM »
i use two space bars...!! ;D

i'm happy using it...;D

and mab stop this lie man...impossible tap like u with 1 space ;P

wake up!

its history for cow sleep ;D

btw....i agree with komo and cue!!

cue keep it and i still love u ;*

"cuz i'm noob...yes i'm"