Forums
May 01, 2024, 04:52 AM

Author Topic: few words about finger roll  (Read 9670 times)

Offline Maciej

few words about finger roll
« on: August 18, 2010, 12:40 AM »
and more precisely about finger roll and 2 keys
why am I making this topic? Because today I got called lame again
I want to explain you why using 2 spaces is not cheat and why I do that, so:
I started to play worms long time ago (maybe 6 years or even longer), at start I played only inters offline, because I didn't have internet. Those times I didn't even know that you can shot rope twice!
On wwp I met m0nk, who got amazing fast tap, it looked briliance for me, so I decided I will get same one day, he told me that he used finger roll...
And here the story starts, in january 2008 I moved on w:a and in february I started to try FR. It was f@#!ing hard (I will not explain what was my way of trainig, because it's not place for it, or I can if anybody really wants, just write it in comments), but after 3-4 months I got it! Those were times when I didn't know any league, have never played any, and just didn't care about them.
I started to play on 1, typical, big space, and while that I called other players using 2 spaces cheaters, why..? Because I was jealous about their fast tap, thought it's not normal, and that it's hard to play on 2 keys. After 9 months I moved on 2 spaces because:
- playing fr on 1 space is uncomfortable, space is still down while you want to press it using another finger, when you use 1 finger, you have still your finger on space, here it works another way
- potentially you can't get faster tap using 2 spaces, because if you press 2 at once it blocks you (like keylock)
- there are kbs with 2 spaces on them (yes, they have 2 space keys, instead of 1), but not everyone is that rich to buy best stuffs just only for silly game, so it shouldn't work like that money = better potential
- 2 spaces have always been allowed as I can remember, have never heard that it was forbridden in any league
- it's not forbidden by t17 too, because I tried to play in other games using remapped space and it didn't work (for example 'icy tower')
Well, I remember player who had arrows under 'wasd' in worms
I wanted to write more things about, but I don't remember now...
Just wanted to say that finger roll is really hard thechnique, if anybody has ever tried it, he knows it

I'M PROUD OF MY FINGER ROLL, BECAUSE I KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS TO GET TIMING WHICH I HAVE NOW, I'M NOT GONNA STOP PLAYING IT, AND EVERY IDIOT WHO CALLS ME (or other finger roller) LAME IS JUST JEALOUS NOOB

I don't wanna get a war below, so don't write stupid comments like 'you are right' or '2 spaces suck', just take it to your mind

PS imo using f8 in another place that f8 is lame, I love missing it! XD

Offline Ray

Re: few words about finger roll
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 12:47 AM »
I just don't understand why you even listen to what other people say? I stopped reading after the third line, you do whatever the hell you want to do, they do the same.

They call you "lame" and stuff because you are better than them, that's all.

EDIT: what the biography's for?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 12:50 AM by Ray »

Offline nino

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 01:37 AM »
or then just wait the e-fart be release and shoot out them face.

you should just be proud i cant manage  1 space bar...imagine 2 hahahahaha
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline angus

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 02:20 AM »
I thought there was some tips or something about the fr but not your worms biography uhahah!!.....

Btw for me fr on 1 spacebar is pure taps art! and 2 keys tttsss... is just for handicap but i dont say cheater. Another thing, the spacebar have something that 2keys not have.. :P
And maciej I see you like a child for what u have say here..

Offline nghtsnip

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 02:24 AM »
I don't know who you are or what the deal is.  But if you are going to post a rant like that why bother posting saying not to make comments below? 

My honest opinion has always been, any kind of remapping of the keys to play the game is lame.  I don't doubt that it takes a little time to get used to doing a finger roll obviously changing any piece of your game is going to make it hard to get used to.  Play the game how it is.  There is an obvious advantage to have two keys bound as a space bar.  Do I care enough to call somebody out on it...No.  I do however have way more respect to the people that don't do stuff like that, macro's, etc.

Offline xStratovariuSx

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 05:12 AM »
Well... IMO, you rope the way you can rope. Doesn't matter if you use 2 space bars, 1, or remapped key.
I rope with Ctrl cause all of my keyboards were shitty, and they wouldn't allow me to press 2 arrows + space bar at the same time. So Ctrl was my solution. And thanks to the remapper I didn't quit WA even earlier. Does that make me a cheater ? Don't think so. If you find it better to rope with 2 keys, then just do it. Is it impossible to tap as fast with just 1 space bar ? No. So there's no reason for all the complaining about it.
People should worry more about their own skill and let others play the way they want to play, as long you're not taking advantage of anyone.
TEA is alive, just not kicking. :)

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 05:46 AM »
D: again.....

Maciej, my young friend, there was small discussion in my topic created few month ago... Also i beated u under alias one time just cuz u not get the finish line so..
I started to try FR
better to try some control aeeee!

cheers

btw n tap ne`way
Of course, if you suck as roper, you will still suck using finger roll, but you will suck better, faster, harder and more creatively than ever before!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 05:59 AM »
Why can't people understand that it is not the taps that make you rope good, it's practise and learning how the rope actually works, using the arrows is where the skill is, not the spacebar, so people can use every other key on their keyboard as a spacebar I don't care because its all about what they do with the arrows that counts...

I use 2 spacebars for warmers, and left control for normal ropers (3 key lock with spacebar) and as strato said, I ain't wasting money to find a keyboard that allows 3 keys when I can use a free downloadable program and change the button that enables the ninja rope, it doesn't make me any better a roper, just stops me from getting beeped at when trying to rope...

Macros are lame, a gamepad is lame, but keychangers are NOT lame imo.

Maciej, ignore all the haters, if you are happy, then just get on with it...

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 09:15 AM »

Offline Maciej

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 10:02 AM »
There is an obvious advantage to have two keys bound as a space bar.

But you forgot that started to control FR well is very hard, so I don't see your 'obvious advantage' :)

I do however have way more respect to the people that don't do stuff like that, macro's, etc.

I have never used any macro, and I call ppl using them cheaters.
IN 2 SPACES IT'S STILL EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR TIMING, if you miss space it doesn't react, if you press both at once, it doesn't react, like the 1 space, so it's not changing possibilites of game.

Also i beated u under alias one time just cuz u not get the finish line so..

I guess you mean your alias? Because I have never joined WN under other nick. And who cares about trainings? It wasn't league for sure, because you couldn't beat me there yet I guess.

I started to try FR
better to try some control aeeee!

I got some control, what you can watch in TUS challanges, can you beat me?

I ain't wasting money to find a keyboard that allows 3 keys when I can use a free downloadable program and change the button that enables the ninja rope

That's it

Thx for nice words about FR there

Offline Ray

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 10:26 AM »
Why can't people understand that it is not the taps that make you rope good, it's practise and learning how the rope actually works, using the arrows is where the skill is, not the spacebar.
Absolutely agree with this, and also the timing is important, wether or not you use multiple spacebars or whatever.

This is why I hate to see younger players all "macro'd up" and doing w2w warmers and just tapping like crazy, no skill in that, though people still see some fun in it or try to show off. :) Well it's not bothering me, it's just strange.

Offline showtime

• cyber ne1?

• Ukraine Ukraine
  • spread legs, not lies :>
    • View Profile
    • sexy lords homepage
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 11:40 AM »
Awww man nice to see at least for the new skoolers the days haven't changed. Still cheater shout outs and arguing about rope methods.
+1 goes to Komo cuz f@#! taps dude. The control of your arrow keys means everything. If you can combine both control and taps you will automatically rope godlike. That's what RR trys to teach you. You must have control to rope fast there otherwise it won't work going fast.

Offline skime

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 12:51 PM »
Maciej, yesterday i too was called of noobs and macro users. :o Then someone aliased me on wn. Lol. Maybe that was the same person.

Ah.. no one will take from me happines of 2 space fingerrolling. :D I was so glad when i learned it 5 years ago on W:WP :)

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 01:57 PM »
Maciej, yesterday i too was called of noobs and macro users. :o Then someone aliased me on wn. Lol. Maybe that was the same person.

Ah.. no one will take from me happines of 2 space fingerrolling. :D I was so glad when i learned it 5 years ago on W:WP :)

So in 5 years of practicing FR technique can you rope a ttrr map quicker using FR than single space tapping?

Offline angus

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 02:04 PM »
i have start use fr 7 months ago.. 8)