Forums
May 04, 2024, 12:01 AM

Author Topic: Get paid to play..  (Read 4168 times)

Offline nino

Re: Get paid to play..
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 08:16 PM »
here in brazil it is same like $250  per month lol

iam lucky being a bully man.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 08:48 PM »
Komo,

Any such venture will obviously be unofficial which means you are well within your rights to organise it yourself.

If you think the community needs something like this and you have belief in the concept then go do it :<

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 09:16 PM »
I am one of those people who were behind in this idea from the very beginning. But after this time dealing with community, I'd say this won't work as you described.

The league or lets say the current league is not designed for that. Over 200 people take part in each season, but many of them (more than 90%) just try to play to have fun or test their skills. You can't expect them to pay 20$ to enter the league. You say 200, I say not even 20 of them would do so. One of their biggest reasons is "I stand no chance winning the league at all, better not waste my money".

However, the point is to test this in an smaller scale. Madden tried to make an Elite cup with money, don't know why he forgot it.
You could host a cup with league schemes (multiple schemes) and ask for some money as the join fee. That would clear our minds to see how many people are interested and how the games and result will turn out.

p.s As TT mentioned, 20$ is not cheap for many countries.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 09:54 PM »
I would love to do so MI but I don't have the skills with websites etc in order to do so,

Tenor: "Hint: it can't be determined at all Wink Also game/comp may crash, you know, they do it sometimes.

Well, seriously, I would go through this topic, but the manner in which you use to post really pisses me off... gl with this, lol."

People who do it deliberately always do it when they are losing and frequently, if you don't know how to tell who does it accidently and on purpose, not my problem.

And I don't really care if my posts piss you off, I know I went over the top a while ago and I already apologised for it, even though I still stand by my opinions and views, I only apologise for the tone I came across, not what I actually said, not my fault if some people have low tolerance and care too much and take things too personally, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE NOT INVOLVED...

And like I said $20 once a year, even with those wages, is affordable, my wages here suck because of Tax etc, it's roughly the same as what you get in your country with the way you live, seriously, I earn little wages, as do you, my money would be worth alot in your country, but not here with this recession and ridiculous tax and etc etc etc...

$20 once a year, for a 1 off event, is suitable I think, doesn't even have to be $20 could be $15 or $10...

Something like WO, but paid to enter, would be acceptable, 10 people would win, and alot of WO is luck, and not common schemes, so everyone has a chance to at least get 5th-10th place...

Offline Random00

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 12:44 AM »
Im just too lazy too quote all the things, but I think you can find max. 30 people who want to play for a league with serious classic schemes and you can find maybe 15 that want to pay for some WO sutff. Im really not bad at WO overall standings, but I still wouldnt want to pay a single buck for a bunch of tournaments with so many luck included. In addition to that I think that noone wants to pay money for a league where he thinks that he cant win and imho there are less then 10 people that dont know how good they are compared to others.

So you maybe have a little chance to get 10-15 people to pay for playing a league with different schemes, but even then there still will be problems, because I doubt that all of this who WANT to play have a nice internet connection, a pc that never crashes worms, etc.

If you want to play for money, you first of all need many, many players who dont like the current situation and liek to change it by playing for cash (and I dont think we have this situation right now). Furthermore you need a really good software that should be at least as good as the current Poker Softwares in handling disconnections and stuff (and we dont have this either).

So, all in all, this might work for a small amount of people, that you all know very well, so there wont be any problems. But I dont see this working for the W:A community in any time in the future. :d

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 12:51 AM »
I can see you are obviously keen if it happened though, alot of people would do it, they are just scared of things like cheating and disconnections, I honestly think if we had a very very secure server and good staff checking replays every day or something, it could work.

It probably won't because alot of people won't even try, I just think it would if people put some real time and effort into it.

Anyway, was worth asking again...

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 02:26 AM »
I can see you are obviously keen if it happened though, alot of people would do it, they are just scared of things like cheating and disconnections, I honestly think if we had a very very secure server and good staff checking replays every day or something, it could work.

It probably won't because alot of people won't even try, I just think it would if people put some real time and effort into it.

Anyway, was worth asking again...

I think we all would agree that it is not impossible.  The point is that for all the effort, thought and planning that would go into it, it's not really worth doing for such a select few people that actually care about winning a few bucks on a worms game.

If I wanna win $100 I'll buy a scratch card.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 02:37 AM »
If you get enough Worms players, you could try to find a sponsor and then nobody would have to spend a single penny to get the chance of earning some money.

Anyway, I think it's bad enough the way it is.
If you tell players they can earn money by standing in the top 5, Worms will become the worst game ever.
With the worst cheapers, bad behaving people, etc.. Just for a win.
Watch how it is nowadays, and try to think how it will be: the hell.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 03:57 AM »
True, but there ARE alot of nice, fair players out there...

Offline Ray

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 05:24 AM »
Komo: let me just add that it wasn't only TenoriTaiga for whom your tone was a bit offensive... :-X Here, in Hungary, people kill for 20$.

;D

Offline Joschi

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 08:25 AM »
Without reading all posts (I just found the thread by luck + borness) -

We host this year a cup with cash prize. I know about all (probably listed in this thread too) disadvantages, but we want to give it a try this year. Each year since 2002, there is hosted a normal tournament called Crespo's Worms Tournament. Some might know it, some don't. But a lot have changed since the tourney is born. Not many old fellows are active nowdays and also the original hoster Crespo has changed. Since 2007 the hoster changes each year, this time I have overtoke the job. Zemke is creating a site with full automatic report system and interactive stuffs .. Random00 agreed on helping at MOD stuffs too. So the MOD team contents mainly 3 wormers.

To the tourney itself:

There is no duty for 34 participants to donate money. Donating should be a free act. But our goal was to collect 150$. Then we have agreed on buying real cups (Gold, Silver, Bronze) and oversend them to winners. The rest of the money won't be invested into my appartement, it will be oversend to the (only) winner, too. So, you may notice there are some unpredictable factors: We don't know yet how many cash we will collect, we don't know how many the porto costs and don't let start with other problems connceted with the game.. But since 3 years the discussion came up from time to time. Now we wanted to give it a try!

Our new site will be launch at 1st of October, the tourney itself starts on 22.10.2010. Site is www.cwtsite.com

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 08:47 AM »
Komo: let me just add that it wasn't only TenoriTaiga for whom your tone was a bit offensive...

;D

Yes and I still don't care lol, I am a confident person, I say what I want... I am not a pussy, bad things happen to good people, we were born with nothing, we will die and leave with nothing, why get all upset when someone writes some stuff down, none of my stuff is seriously threatening or sick, people just get annoyed when they see the truth with some harsh words...

I am seriously fed up with all these people trying to turn this planet into a bunch of pro-life political correct human right blah blah blah pussys...

I don't cheat on this game, never have never will, I don't make ridiculous complaints that are not true, never have never will, I don't consistently spam on the forums or anything, I don't sit in AG or any other channel insulting people etc, in fact if you notice I am always nice to people when I play with them, maybe except sometimes I miss some shots in BnG and get a bit annoyed but everyone gets annoyed when losing their game, i've done so much for the community that I haven't been f@#!ing thanked for cuz most of you are selfish arrogant mother f@#!ers, I am constantly teaching new people how to play while the rest of you continously kick people from games cuz you are "too good for them"

Seriously, don't give me a lesson on being a twat, Tenori treats noobs like shit, that is something to be ashamed of, just cuz I got the balls to say what I want, when I want, and feel good about it, it's the way the world SHOULD be...

Offline Ray

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 09:35 AM »
In my opinion, if you really are like this, then you are an asshole. See? That's how easy it is to say what's on my mind too.

Seriously, bragging what you have done for the community and advertising how you haven't been thanked, that is the lowest level, especially that you know it damn well how 96% of this community respects you (that remaining 4% simply doesn't know you) - not to mention that it also makes you a hypocrite.

Don't show me how you have been a great sportsman all your life, I agree with that, that was never the topic here anyway.

And what is this crap about politics, how is that a good example in this situation?

@Joschi - can you share any details of this cup? Like what schemes will there be, how it will work...

Offline benz

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 09:54 AM »
Get laid to play soudns good

Offline Husk

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 10:13 AM »
yea i can see all the chicks coming through my windows after i won a shopap [: