Forums
May 03, 2024, 07:03 PM

Author Topic: Get paid to play..  (Read 4166 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Get paid to play..
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2010, 10:15 AM »
In my opinion, if you really are like this, then you are an asshole. See? That's how easy it is to say what's on my mind too.

Seriously, bragging what you have done for the community and advertising how you haven't been thanked, that is the lowest level, especially that you know it damn well how 96% of this community respects you (that remaining 4% simply doesn't know you) - not to mention that it also makes you a hypocrite.

Don't show me how you have been a great sportsman all your life, I agree with that, that was never the topic here anyway.

And what is this crap about politics, how is that a good example in this situation?

@Joschi - can you share any details of this cup? Like what schemes will there be, how it will work...

Ray, my whole point was that Tenori is complaning, yet he goes around treating people like idiots himself and is MORE insulting than I am...

I am NOT bragging about what I have done, I am just saying it because i've never been thanked and am trying to put across a point that you obviously do not understand with that attitude when I didn't even mention your name... Do I care? No, I still do it anyway.

And if so many people respect me lol they have a funny way of showing it...

The whole crap about politics is NOT politics, it's political correctness, and far-fetched human rights, basically like the justice system in UK and more or less anywhere let all the people that DON'T deserve to live, live, so they can continue to torment and kill the people that do...

Some guy rapes and kills children his whole life - 15 years in jail, with luxury...

Anyway what I refer to with the political correctness is when you can literally get jailed for calling people homos and faggots, and other names...

If you take something so serious as to want to put someone in prison for calling you a name, then you are nothing but a sissy little coward, sorry, it's how I feel cuz I wasn't raised to be a pussy, I can take a whipping, people joke about me all the time, I joke back, it's more fun if you get involved, seriously, show someone you can take a joke and make fun back, they will respect you, if you show them you let it get to you, they will continue to do it, except they will do it worse and worse because they think they are better than you cuz you don't stand up for yourself, and to be honest, if you don't it's your own fault...

End of story though, yet again I came up with an innocent question and people just start jumping on me for nothing...

Just because $20 is not alot for me, oh I am SO sorry for being born and having a nice family who taught me basic skills in life to go out and make something with my life, it's not my fault I was born here I didn't get a choice, I work f@#!ing hard for my money and I STILL struggle to pay bills and stuff just like anyone else...

Seriously, and people call me arrogant? Just because I don't think $20 is alot of money...

Pathetic man, seriously, pathetic if that's all you can worry about...

And yeah Husk/benz, that would be great lol, but unfortunately the Boy/Girl ratio is like 500/1 on here lol...

Offline Ray

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2010, 11:29 AM »
Your post speaks for itself, nothing more to add.

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2010, 12:12 PM »
Tenori was just making a valid point using sarcasm, Komo. $20 is not a lot in the UK, but this is not a UK league. Its creator is from Iran, the majority of players are from Brazil and Poland and a respectable amount of players from Russia. You clearly neglected that in your post and Tenori called you out on it. If you value truth so much, then you shouldn't brush it aside simply because you didn't like the way Tenori posted it.

And despite what you say, you clearly do care about if people thank you for the things you've done or you wouldn't have brought it up. So here we go!

Thank you for all the things you've done for the worms community, Komo :)
Now if you just wanna go ahead and thank MonkeyIsland, Ray, Random00, TenoriTaiga, Cueshark and a whole bunch of other people for all the good things they've done for the worms community, preferrably once for each seperate action :)

That said, I'm siding with the people that don't really feel for it, probably cause I wouldn't be interested myself. We don't need money as an incentive to play or W:A would've died long ago (as has been pointed out already). It would promote cheap play and cheating, especially considering some people already do it when there's not even anything important at stake (also been pointed out already).
And I've had games where I crashed while I was clearly losing. Does that mean I did it on purpose?

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2010, 12:16 PM »
Seriously, don't give me a lesson on being a twat, Tenori treats noobs like shit, that is something to be ashamed of, just cuz I got the balls to say what I want, when I want, and feel good about it, it's the way the world SHOULD be...
+1 from me since I replaced this "want" by "think".

And I guess you missunderstood some parts Ray. Since I guess he won't tell to a guy without arms "Haha, you don't have arms, you look so stupid and useless now !" (which is not the case of everybody on Wormnet).

Anyway Komo, you shouldn't say such things about money. I mean, some countries don't have the chance of what we have (I'm thinking about Asians atm).
But from that, these guys get more than us: A family-like behaviour between eachothers.

And it's now I envy all those amazonian tribes where money doesn't mean anything for them.

To come back to the topic: it would be easier if there was no paying entries. But I still think it's a bad idea as long as there will be fool flamers & cheapers (all for a win) on Wormnet.

And I've had games where I crashed while I was clearly losing. Does that mean I did it on purpose ?
Even if you're not losing, for a guy who really care of winning, it will be. And since he'll whine so much, mods will agree with him and you'll get a lose.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:20 PM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2010, 01:02 PM »
Tenori was just making a valid point using sarcasm, Komo. $20 is not a lot in the UK, but this is not a UK league. Its creator is from Iran, the majority of players are from Brazil and Poland and a respectable amount of players from Russia. You clearly neglected that in your post and Tenori called you out on it. If you value truth so much, then you shouldn't brush it aside simply because you didn't like the way Tenori posted it.

He didn't make any valid point, he jumped on me just because I think $20 isn't alot of money, I don't even find ANY amount money alot because like Abnaxus said, it's not money thats rich in life, you say I brush people off cuz the way I don't like the way they say things, they you go and accidentally defend be by admitting other people do it too...

I thank everybody all the time, I have PM'd you on several occasions and MonkeyIsland for some things I greatly appreciate and I still do...

And stop saying "aaaah you obviously do care blah blah" I didn't say it to get appreciation, I said it to inform him that I do alot of things for alot of people I don't just come on here with attitude, I also do nice things, and most of these people don't see that, is all I was saying...

I don't see the point about complaining about money, they might make less money but they still really enjoy life, so tell me what matters more, money, or doing the best with what you have?

This is why I say $20 is nothing to me because I don't really care that much about money, I never have...

Ray, whatever lol, your a sheep...

Offline Random00

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2010, 06:07 PM »

And despite what you say, you clearly do care about if people thank you for the things you've done or you wouldn't have brought it up. So here we go!

Thank you for all the things you've done for the worms community, Komo :)
Now if you just wanna go ahead and thank MonkeyIsland, Ray, Random00, TenoriTaiga, Cueshark and a whole bunch of other people for all the good things they've done for the worms community, preferrably once for each seperate action :)

That said, I'm siding with the people that don't really feel for it, probably cause I wouldn't be interested myself. We don't need money as an incentive to play or W:A would've died long ago (as has been pointed out already). It would promote cheap play and cheating, especially considering some people already do it when there's not even anything important at stake (also been pointed out already).
And I've had games where I crashed while I was clearly losing. Does that mean I did it on purpose?

totally agree with this!
and I guess there's nothing to add anymore.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2010, 06:48 PM »
Yeah yeah whatever lol, just remember and take your pill so you don't get pregnant...

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2010, 07:40 PM »
they you go and accidentally defend be by admitting other people do it too...
:o :-X :o ???

Your rants are completely not relevant to the points we were trying to make btw.

Anyway, perhaps we should tally up a vote or something on this? Just to see how many people would like to try this :) I gotta wait for the neurologist now anyway.

This is how I interpreted the posts in this thread. Please correct if I made a misinterpretation! :)

Yes: Komo
Yes, under certain conditions: NAiL, MonkeyIsland, Joschi
No: TenoriTaiga, Ray, Husk, nino, Cueshark, SPW, Random00, Abnaxus, DarkOne
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 07:50 PM by DarkOne »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2010, 08:07 PM »
Your rants are completely not relevant to the points we were trying to make btw.

I am not the one who continously changes the subject, I will, always have, and always will defend myself, end of story.

Tenor started it so go whine at him lol.

Offline nappy

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 09:59 PM »
i've done so much for the community that I haven't been f@#!ing thanked for
Bawwwwwwwwwwwww, poor you ;_;

most of you are selfish arrogant mother f@#!ers
the rest of you continously kick people from games cuz you are "too good for them"

Tenori treats noobs like shit
So you've got a dossier on me? XD

I am seriously fed up with all these people trying to turn this planet into a bunch of pro-life political correct human right blah blah blah pussys...
It's not about being political correct human blah blah, it's about not being a douchebag. Too bad you don't see the difference.

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2010, 10:43 PM »
Shall we get back on topic?

Anyway, perhaps we should tally up a vote or something on this? Just to see how many people would like to try this :)

This is how I interpreted the posts in this thread. Please correct if I made a misinterpretation! :)

Yes: Komo
Yes, under certain conditions: NAiL, MonkeyIsland, Joschi
No: TenoriTaiga, Ray, Husk, nino, Cueshark, SPW, Random00, Abnaxus, DarkOne

Offline ZiPpO

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2010, 10:57 PM »
guys...i'm from brazil and $20 is not!

if i work in the street today i wins $20

atm i have $20 in my hands ;P

i agree with a pay league =D

or a pay cup!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2010, 11:16 PM »
Tenor, all you can say is "your a douche, your an asshole, blah blah blah"

As if I haven't heard crap like this a million times from a million people, seriously, you honestly think I care about something that someone I don't know or care about in real life said about me?

And yeah, i've seen the way you talk to noobs, doesn't mean I need a portfolio on you dumbass...

And yeah that picture with the hand in front of your face, about time you slapped yourself ya silly git...

Seriously, why couldn't you have just answered the question I asked in my 1st post, what this topic is about, instead YOU are the one trying to seek attention by making mountains out of moles...

And in the 1st place, "yeah yeah, you are so talented and great" what the hell is this all about? Just because I don't think $20 is alot of money, IT ISN'T, even in poor countrys it isn't alot of money, it's worth a bit more in other countrys yeah but it still isn't a great amount of money especially over a years worth of salarys, and the rest of you, trying to put a guilt trip on me blabbing on about how poor other people are, get a grip, do you think I go around sending pictures of my xmas dinner to Ethiopians or something? I am not that evil, I don't go up to wheelchair bound people and ask them to dance, I don't blow smoke in the faces of lung cancer victims...

Everything I do in real life that is illegal or other people frown upon, I keep it to myself and don't harm anyone, so don't make it out as if I do, especially over 20 bucks, thats just sad lol...

Oh and Zippo, THANK YOU for proving my point, I am going to applaud you every single time I get the opportunity just for having a brain and not being an idiot like the rest of them...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2010, 11:23 PM »
DarkOne, you are right, it probably won't happen so probably a good idea to lock this topic or something, no point in continous arguements...

Offline nappy

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2010, 11:28 PM »
Tenor, all you can say is "your a douche, your an asshole, blah blah blah"
That's all you can see :)

I care about something that someone I don't know or care about in real life said about me?
I don't care if you care, but amount of text you produce each time clearly states that you do care.

And yeah, i've seen the way you talk to noobs, doesn't mean I need a portfolio on you dumbass...
Prooflinks, please!

Seriously, why couldn't you have just answered the question I asked in my 1st post, what this topic is about, instead YOU are the one trying to seek attention by making mountains out of moles...
Lol what, I've provided several valid arguments, and then you started crying that everyone who disagrees with you are stupid morons. Nice discussion!

And in the 1st place, "yeah yeah, you are so talented and great" what the hell is this all about?
It's about sarcasm and your behaviour, like, "I make 20$ with a single spit!".

not being an idiot like the rest of them