Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:56 PM

Author Topic: Hosting Buddy is Ruining Worm Net  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Kangaroo

Hosting Buddy is Ruining Worm Net
« on: June 14, 2012, 10:18 AM »
Well maybe not hosting buddy, but the schemes it has brainwashed everyone with ?

What i mean by this is every time a host a new scheme or an regular scheme (regular meaning a scheme hosting buddy supports) with some slight weapon or crate adjustments, people go `` wtf ?? wrong scheme`` or ``this is stupid`` before even giving the scheme a try. They just quit because its not some regular scheme that they are used to.

For example, Ill host a big RR or tower race. But instead of inf Banana i will use 1x ammo of a differant weapons and weapon crates.. and people go wtf is this and just quit before trying new scheme.

this is probably same reason all noob just play shopper over and over without learning any other schemes.

Worms cames with a scheme editor and it was ment to be used. People need to give new schemes a chance and give scheme editor a go for themselves. Please be open to playing + making new schemes so everyone can have the enjoyment of designing a scheme and finding an opponant who can try beat them at there own game...

f@#! the police!

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: Hosting Buddy is Ruining Worm Net
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 10:21 AM »
Well maybe not hosting buddy, but the schemes it has brainwashed everyone with ?

What i mean by this is every time a host a new scheme or an regular scheme (regular meaning a scheme hosting buddy supports) with some slight weapon or crate adjustments, people go `` wtf ?? wrong scheme`` or ``this is stupid`` before even giving the scheme a try. They just quit because its not some regular scheme that they are used to.

For example, Ill host a big RR or tower race. But instead of inf Banana i will use 1x ammo of a differant weapons and weapon crates.. and people go wtf is this and just quit before trying new scheme.

this is probably same reason all noob just play shopper over and over without learning any other schemes.

Worms cames with a scheme editor and it was ment to be used. People need to give new schemes a chance and give scheme editor a go for themselves. Please be open to playing + making new schemes so everyone can have the enjoyment of designing a scheme and finding an opponant who can try beat them at there own game...

f@#! the police!

This has happened forever, I don't think it's HB's fault. Just people's fault.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline philie

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 11:18 AM »

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 11:38 AM »
I guess what's also keeping players from trying new schemes is the noobishness the first time you play it. It's not really fun exploring a scheme when your opponent is a veteran at it... you know you'll lose.

I wish there was a kind of wormpot modus in WA that automatically randomnizes every scheme option.

But I guess that's not what you want either.

I suppose you should tell the players before the game that the scheme is 'tweaked'. Maybe they'll understand it better than. It kinda sucks when you have to find out by failing.

Offline darKz

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 12:14 PM »
A random scheme option.. I sure as hell would try it, and probably like it. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Husk

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 07:16 PM »
scheme eddy can do that

http://worms2d.info/SchemeEddy