Forums
April 27, 2024, 08:52 PM

Author Topic: How to Ignore WebSnooper with Great Snooper  (Read 459 times)

Offline Kradie

How to Ignore WebSnooper with Great Snooper
« on: July 17, 2023, 10:41 PM »
For those who are Inconvenient by aggressive xenophobic and racists spammers in AG. Here is a possible solution for you if you are using Great Snooper. Note: if you use this method, you will not be able to see other people's messages from WebSnooper.

Instructions:
1. Open Great Snooper
2. Log into WormNET
3. Click on your name ''Welcome Your Name''
4. Click on Settings.
5. Click on Network.
6. Check the box that says ''Load games and TUS accounts only if window is active.''
7. Exit this popup window.
8. On the right side where all users are, you now can see WebSnooper.
9. Right click on WebSnooper and select Ignore.

Now you won't be able to see people who uses WebSnooper for nefarious purposes anymore.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: How to Ignore WebSnooper with Great Snooper
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 12:47 AM »
For those who are Inconvenient by aggressive xenophobic and racists spammers in AG.
This sentence is not clear to me:

Do people become inconvenient because they read xenophobic and racist comments of spammer toxic players?

Not sure if that was what you meant, but that was the only thing that makes sense to me from the way you wrote.

This would mean that regular people join AG to play a game and then they see hate speech on the channel and become so furious that they start being inconvenient to other people, because they don't like hate speech. I wonder if someone can be more inconvenient than someone who spreads hate on the internet.

If it's not this what you meant, anyway I hope this helps people to ignore or avoid mental illness on WormNET due to these toxic players that don't care about others, don't care about human rights and don't have empathy. People that I would cross the street to avoid the same sidewalk if I met in real life. This still is not the ideal solution, though. The ideal would have an effective way to censure and ban these people.  Hate speech is not a matter about personal taste. It's something that affects the whole society even outside of the Worms universe. These toxic people should be in jail, internet is not a place you can do whatever you want. Freedom of Speech has limits.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 01:20 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Kradie

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 01:17 AM »
In general people should be able to express themselves freely without any law intervention. If we were to, we wouldn't be any better than Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Kim Jong Un. What I'm talking about are entities with malice intent, that expresses themselves without contrition in a relentless manner in mass amount nonstop. This could Inconvenience a lot of people. These people may have a diagnosis of sorts but I do not think the public needs to endure such hatred. It would also make the WA community less appealing.

Of course to ban what I have described would be the preferrable choice, but since moderation is lacking on WormNET the best choice would be to Ignore. Hence this thread.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 01:52 AM »
This could Inconvenience a lot of people.
Now I understood what you wrote, but I still had to Google this word "inconvenience", because in Portuguese this word would be wrong in the sentence. It seems that in English language this word can be used as a verb:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/pt/dicionario/ingles/inconvenience

Even being very strange to me seeing this word being used as a verb (and with a different meaning from what I would expect of this verb), now I see what you meant, but your first sentence that I quoted first still doesn't make sense, because the way it is written with the word "inconvenient" means something different than what you clarified now. At least for me, a non native speaker. I might be wrong, but that first sentence you wrote still have that meaning I explained. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

EDIT:
At least in Portuguese, and I believe that in English too, an inconvenient person is someone who causes trouble.

In Portuguese, there's no way the word "inconvenient", or any other form of this word, could be related to someone that is suffering due to the behavior of other person.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 02:31 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'