Forums
May 04, 2024, 09:59 AM

Author Topic: Id like to introduce myself my name is...  (Read 8223 times)

Offline h3oCharles

Re: Id like to introduce myself my name is...
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2016, 09:16 AM »
I figured when Team17 abandoned the games everything would just die. This was very surprising.

They still mention it on their livestreams, but never gotten to stream it. Also, couple weeks ago WA has been released on GOG.

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2016, 05:07 PM »
Hello, I remember you.
i remember eek :P
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2016, 05:15 PM »
pretty sure i had you on aim robone but what the hell i prob had every f@#!ing wormer lol nice to see u still think about WA or you wouldnt be here ;)
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Offline avirex

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2016, 10:46 PM »
i guess the age difference plays a big part in it, i never considered that...

being that you started in your 20's im sure you had better things to do, and it was not a major part of your life... for me, being that i started at 12 or 13.. it was a big part of my life, especially being that i was just discovering the internet at that time. i was completely consumed with worms, there was not enough hours in the day for me to play worms :D

so, i just could never imagine leaving the game, and never looking back... but as you mentioned, i guess it depends what age you started playing at... that makes sense...

anyway, you should take your wife's advice, and install the game... its not like you have to play like you used to.. just casual games, maybe even some league games.. i use worms to relax me.. at the end of the day sometimes, ill get on worms and have some games, can relax, and not think about any stressful shit in life, just toss the worm around the map :D

hope you come to ag sometime rob. peace.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2016, 06:32 PM »
For those who don't know Rob, he was one of the coolest players on WormNET. When I talk about the "good old days" of Worms this is what I mean... great ppl who just aren't around anymore. I would play W:A far more often if people would just come back. There's a small handful of people who still play that I enjoy talking to, but nothing like the old days.

Rob, do you have Facebook? I don't really f@#! with twitter. I'm /theprimeministeroffunk

Offline RobOne4

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2016, 06:50 PM »
For those who don't know Rob, he was one of the coolest players on WormNET. When I talk about the "good old days" of Worms this is what I mean... great ppl who just aren't around anymore. I would play W:A far more often if people would just come back. There's a small handful of people who still play that I enjoy talking to, but nothing like the old days.

Rob, do you have Facebook? I don't really f@#! with twitter. I'm /theprimeministeroffunk

no facebook brother sorry. Back in the myspace days old mistakes kept finding me and creep back in my life. So I have stayed away from ever version since then.

But I did install the game last night. I played one game. I am on right now for a little while longer. Practicing my roping skills. If you want to call them that. I'll leave it installed and see when I can find time to play. Going to try and give this thing another go.

Offline avirex

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2016, 06:58 PM »
hell yeah!! good to hear! :D

as i said, you dont have to play hours each day... just once in a while pop in for some games, maybe find a clan to join and have some 2v2 clan games...

you will find its pretty relaxing after a stressful day, and most of all... fun ;D   hope to see you soon man.

i would come to play with you now, but im in a clanner ATM.

Offline RobOne4

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2016, 09:05 PM »
i found out I now suck at roping and the game that I rarely lost in Elite I also suck in that too. Gonna have to clear my schedule and start a Rocky style training montage.

Offline avirex

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2016, 10:46 PM »
the competition in elite is about... 10x what it used to be...

back then, there were only a hand full of good elite players, now.. just about everyone is good... there is probably even strategies that were not used back in your day as well...

you will get owned robone!! get used to it :D

Offline RobOne4

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2016, 11:38 PM »
the competition in elite is about... 10x what it used to be...

back then, there were only a hand full of good elite players, now.. just about everyone is good... there is probably even strategies that were not used back in your day as well...

you will get owned robone!! get used to it :D

not happening. I am chalking up these losses to forgetting the little things. I used to lose 1 out of maybe 10 matches before. I can get back there no problem.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2016, 11:41 PM »
After 10+ years you surely have lost a huge amount of skill, no matter how good you were, that's why I do a warmer or two every month. It kinda helps keeping a decent amount of skill, or at the very least minimize the effect if I was not playing at all.

Btw, if you want we can play a roper now. :) Gonna be in #AG for 10-15 minutes just in case.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:45 PM by Anubis »

Offline philie

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2016, 05:12 PM »
.... there was not enough hours in the day for me to play worms :D

well, this happens again when you get older and have more shit to take care of.. :/

Offline EarthwormJim

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2016, 06:19 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm hijacking RobOne's thread to introduce myself. I too haven't played in forever and I recently reinstalled the game after I saw it on sale on Steam.

I used to be active in the early 2000's and while I do remember some names on here (Avirex, Komodo, Anubis), my memories of my time on WA are pretty blurry :) I used to be buddies with FlowingWater, marco, AlienElite, etc. I forget the handles of most of my former friends, sadly.

I was referred here by someone I met on WormNet today, nabwhoo. He was pretty good at roping so I'm glad there is still some talent out there and that this great game still has some life in it!

Offline sock

« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2016, 06:57 PM »
i remember you EWJ, welcome back man  :P

Offline Godmax

« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2016, 07:19 PM »
OldSock welcomes EarthwormJim