Forums
May 04, 2024, 03:11 PM

Author Topic: Id like to introduce myself my name is...  (Read 8235 times)

Offline Sbaffo

Re: Id like to introduce myself my name is...
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2016, 07:32 PM »
For someone who's been criticising people for inciting flame wars, you sure are doing a lot of baiting here, Kradie

No, that's not baiting, that's just a silly and useless post.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2016, 08:16 PM »
Ladies! Ladies... I ask of you all to simmer down your emotions.

I simply engaged in a humorous way, but I do not fault any of you, like you do with me. After all, it isn't easy to read the intent of each individual users on the Internet. People quickly assumes the worst, banding together with torches and spears, ready cast their definition of justice. Feeling good afterwards of their united action based on their moral notion.

Of course,, I do feel guilty in disturbing the balance of happiness that once occurred in this region.
Hate spreads easily here, like wildfire.

Summary: I do not hate any of you.  Intention was not to provoke but was misread.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline lalo

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2016, 09:57 PM »
Stfu already kradie.

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2016, 10:07 PM »
Let's not get this go any further out of hand than it already has, shall we?

Good to see everyone's on board, guys

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2016, 10:12 PM »
Let's not get this go any further out of hand than it already has, shall we?

Good to see everyone's on board, guys
lol +1 marc

Offline ANO

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2016, 12:51 AM »
shhhhh, little kid without fur.

Offline philie

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2016, 02:41 PM »
smiting kradie before reading his posts never got me wrong.

Offline avirex

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2016, 09:05 PM »
So, im not totally sure i remember kradie.. but since i been back this past month, i have had some games with him, and talked with him in AG.. and from what i have seen/experienced, i thought he was a pretty cool guy.

but @ the forums, i have noticed a couple people calling him very annoying, and i can see where they are coming from...   but is that just a few people's opinions?? or is that the majorities opinion?? is he like.. the next DoubleTime?? or what?  i sure hope not, i thought, and still do.. think hes a cool guy... hes never done me wrong, im just wondering how others feel...

anyway, back on topic:  Rob, yes, back then i think the average age of wormers was 12-18 i would say.  now if i had to guess, i would say the average age is 25-35??

I have some questions, that i always wanted to ask a real old, old schooler... guess i never thought of it when others came back, but now that you here, and im thinking of it, i would like to ask...

so, when you did quit the game, did you just totally erase it from your memory??  if you did not save the CD-rom and come across it from time to time, would you never have returned to the game/forums??

for me, i never really left the game for long, i have had many many many 1 year breaks, 2 years breaks, 3, and even maybe 4 years break, but i always had worms in the back of my mind, or kept in touch on forums... i think because i never got involved with any other games (mainly for the fear of getting addicted, and wasting too much time, as i did with worms) it was easy for me to stick around worms for so long...

but i always wondered how people that spent hours and hours, and years and years on this game, could just disappear and never even google to see if any leagues are active, or try to download the game to see if Wnet is active, or even just to toss yourself around on the rope for old time sake.

so in short, i guess the questions are:

have you ever thought of the game, without coming across the CD-rom?

have you ever had the urge to play again in the years since you been gone?

have you ever wondered if people still play, and/or old schoolers are still around?

when you did decide to search for a w:a league/forum/community... were you surprised that w:a still had an active community, and were you surprised to see so many old schoolers that you knew from back then?? or did you expect this?

these may seem like odd questions, i just really have always been curious how it could be such a big part of many peoples lives in the past, but never check back in.

Offline HHC

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2016, 10:04 PM »
I like Kradie too, but he should stop passing judgment over people everytime someone voices a slightly different opinion. That gives you a rep of being a nagger.. a person who annoys you :D

If he actually got to know Anubis outside the forum he'd know that the beardman deserves nothing but manhugs.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2016, 10:47 PM »
I like Kradie too, but he should stop passing judgment over people everytime someone voices a slightly different opinion. That gives you a rep of being a nagger.. a person who annoys you :D

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2016, 10:57 PM »
I have never seen anyone get so many smites in this short amount of time... wow

Offline Kradie

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2016, 01:11 AM »
My intent is not pass judgment on other people here. It's pretty self-explanatory when one reads the content of each posts.
I am sure the majority of the posts submitted by people on these forums are thought out. It's just a random banter with no emphasis of personal conflict. It is as you said ''You do not know him'' but ''he do not know me'' So it goes pretty much hand in hand. And I am very sure that a lot of you are great people once one get to know each of you.

Although my first post in this thread was just a humorous confession regardless of truth or not, but it was not taken lightly. Such approach (Which was bold on my end) disturbed the beehive, causing mass debacle of something that should had been taken lightly or ignored.

So in the end...
You may continue to smite me, because you are predictable, I can choose to consume your vanity with logic.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 01:18 AM by Kradie »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline philie

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2016, 01:53 AM »
Quote from: tus
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 12 hours.

bah.

Offline RobOne4

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2016, 06:46 AM »
anyway, back on topic:  Rob, yes, back then i think the average age of wormers was 12-18 i would say.  now if i had to guess, i would say the average age is 25-35??

I have some questions, that i always wanted to ask a real old, old schooler... guess i never thought of it when others came back, but now that you here, and im thinking of it, i would like to ask...

so, when you did quit the game, did you just totally erase it from your memory??  if you did not save the CD-rom and come across it from time to time, would you never have returned to the game/forums??

when I stopped playing I had a lot going on in my life. Like I said I was a little older than most of the players. 5 years is a big gap at that age. I was DJing a lot and I was working full time at my normal 9-5. Also new girlfriend who is now my wife. I always wondered about the community more so than the game. But I never really actively sought out forums or anything. Had I never come across my CD I probably would not have looked/found this place.

for me, i never really left the game for long, i have had many many many 1 year breaks, 2 years breaks, 3, and even maybe 4 years break, but i always had worms in the back of my mind, or kept in touch on forums... i think because i never got involved with any other games (mainly for the fear of getting addicted, and wasting too much time, as i did with worms) it was easy for me to stick around worms for so long...

I always had other shit going on in my life. From DJing and other music shit, wife, sports, and even was big into gaming on xbox until I had a kid. I even told tales of worms with a few of my friends there. But I never met anyone from worms IRL so it never stuck with me like with others. I think I was coolest with Skunk3 and Ghettohawk over the years. I talked with them a lot on aim in the middle of the night. I mean I talked on AIM with lots of people but those two stand out the most. I was just at a busy time in my life and life got in the way. Like it always does.

but i always wondered how people that spent hours and hours, and years and years on this game, could just disappear and never even google to see if any leagues are active, or try to download the game to see if Wnet is active, or even just to toss yourself around on the rope for old time sake.

I think had I played during my teens like a lot of you did. It would have stuck with me a little bit more. But I was already making moves in life. Definitely more important things going on in my life. Worms was never #1 in my life. Or even #2 or #3.

so in short, i guess the questions are:

have you ever thought of the game, without coming across the CD-rom?

have you ever had the urge to play again in the years since you been gone?

have you ever wondered if people still play, and/or old schoolers are still around?

when you did decide to search for a w:a league/forum/community... were you surprised that w:a still had an active community, and were you surprised to see so many old schoolers that you knew from back then?? or did you expect this?

these may seem like odd questions, i just really have always been curious how it could be such a big part of many peoples lives in the past, but never check back in.

I have never had the urge to play again. Although I might give it a go sometime soon. I actually told my wife about this post and she remembers me playing when we first got together. She told me to install it. MAYBE. I really didnt expect this thriving community. I figured when Team17 abandoned the games everything would just die. This was very surprising.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2016, 07:33 AM »
pretty heartmelting. n share  :-*