Forums
April 27, 2024, 09:38 PM

Author Topic: Ideas for the next patch.  (Read 4448 times)

Offline Fcrate

• Egypt Egypt
    • View Profile
Ideas for the next patch.
« on: June 13, 2013, 04:16 PM »
I read somewhere that Cybershadow and deadcode are the ones doing the updates now, do they read these forums?
Anyway, I thought of a couple of suggestions to make the gameplay a bit better.
1. Implement a "call vote" system, to kick abusers, almost all games have something like that, if someone is ruining the game, players vote on him for a kick.
2. "Auto AFK" option, if the player is inactive for more than a specified amount of time, some players just join a game, then have to go or something, I dunno, but they forget to quit/type afk, quite annoying when you have to wait that long ( besides if its a shopper game, there's an extra crate for the next player every turn, quite an unfair advantage.
3. "Mute playe" a feature to allow you to locally mute a player, who's being annoying/spamming all the time. <Thinking of Alexkidd and a ClownFL>.
They're not crucial ofc, but the Call vote is quite important.

Offline Casso

Re: Ideas for the next patch.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 04:26 PM »
I think that it's better if you write also these suggestions here: http://feedback.worms2d.info/forums/5998-worms-armageddon because DC and CS aren't so active in TUS ;)

Offline Hurz

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 04:41 PM »
chat ignoring is there

Offline Casso

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 04:52 PM »
The Host can also kick players in-game with this wormkit module: http://worms2d.info/WkKawooshKick although it isn't exactly what you ask for.

Offline Fcrate

• Egypt Egypt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 05:11 PM »
chat ignoring is there
For specific players? how?

Offline Korydex

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 05:13 PM »
3. "Mute playe" a feature to allow you to locally mute a player, who's being annoying/spamming all the time. <Thinking of Alexkidd and a ClownFL>.

It's already possible in the games. Use /ignore %playername% and /unignore %playername%

Offline Fcrate

• Egypt Egypt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 05:47 PM »
Thanks. :)

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 05:53 PM »
In-game, you can also hold down the control key and press the F-key of the player you wish to mute, and do the same again to unmute them. Likewise, the /ignore command also works on WormNet, with the quicker method being to hold down control and then double click on a user in the nick list.

As for vote kicking, I believe the current plan for 4.x is to instead vote to surrender a player's team, that way they'll better know what happened instead of having their game just close. If they're being rude in the chat or spamming, /ignore is obviously the preferred method of dealing with them.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 02:36 PM »
I'd like to see in-game integrated voice chat, a la Steam where it was push-to-talk. Voice chat should be configurable between general chat and team chat, of course.

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 03:00 PM »
Imo players should be easily mute-able if this is implemented, that's easily abusable.

Offline Fcrate

• Egypt Egypt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 05:00 PM »
Thanks Korydex and KoreanRedDragon, muting was a life saver for me yesterday in a game that included Alexkidd....

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 08:44 PM »
I think we need a fix the way how Ctrl+Home works. Its very cool feature and many players (incuding me) use that in most schemes. But when i`m using weapons where "set target" active (teleport, missiles, air strikes etc..) then Ctrl+Home works like pain in da neck. I think it should automatically disable whyle "Set target" active and restore back to state how it was before "set taget" usage, if home wasn`t pressed while selecting target.
Let me explain more detailed, with less confusion:
  • If i had "ctrl+home" (lets call it "CH") active, and starting to use teleport, then CH temporary deactivates and activates back when i finished teleport usage.
    • If while i was choosing the place where to tele - i decided to turn off CH (which is still temporary inactive) and pressed Home button (maybe in tactical meanings), then after teleport usage i will get CH turned off.
    • If i want temporary look at my worm`s place (target camera on worm) but dont want to turn off CH and teleport target is active, then i could press Ctrl+Home and while im holding it - i see my worm, but CH will not turn off when i finish using teleport.
  • Obviously, if CH is off, then we dont have to do anything while using teleport. But.
  • If i target camera to my worm while teleport (or any other "set target" weapon) is active using Ctrl+Home (not just "home"), then after usage teleport, camera will focus on worm and hold its position (CH on).
This tweak would be very useful, in my opinion.

P.S. just remebered about SuperSheep - its another weap where CH has to be turned off (when sheep is flying only tho).

*CH = Ctrl+home, for those who missed that explanation in message

Offline Triad

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 09:18 PM »
I think we need a fix the way how Ctrl+Home works. Its very cool feature and many players (incuding me) use that in most schemes. But when i`m using weapons where "set target" active (teleport, missiles, air strikes etc..) then Ctrl+Home works like pain in da neck. I think it should automatically disable whyle "Set target" active and restore back to state how it was before "set taget" usage, if home wasn`t pressed while selecting target.
Let me explain more detailed, with less confusion:
  • If i had "ctrl+home" (lets call it "CH") active, and starting to use teleport, then CH temporary deactivates and activates back when i finished teleport usage.
    • If while i was choosing the place where to tele - i decided to turn off CH (which is still temporary inactive) and pressed Home button (maybe in tactical meanings), then after teleport usage i will get CH turned off.
    • If i want temporary look at my worm`s place (target camera on worm) but dont want to turn off CH and teleport target is active, then i could press Ctrl+Home and while im holding it - i see my worm, but CH will not turn off when i finish using teleport.
  • Obviously, if CH is off, then we dont have to do anything while using teleport. But.
  • If i target camera to my worm while teleport (or any other "set target" weapon) is active using Ctrl+Home (not just "home"), then after usage teleport, camera will focus on worm and hold its position (CH on).
This tweak would be very useful, in my opinion.

P.S. just remebered about SuperSheep - its another weap where CH has to be turned off (when sheep is flying only tho).

*CH = Ctrl+home, for those who missed that explanation in message
n idea, totally agree +1

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 06:13 AM »
I read somewhere that Cybershadow and deadcode are the ones doing the updates now
::) If I was them I would be making about as much progress.  Team17 withdrawing all support of its psuedo-community support staff equals no more official, and likely, unofficial updates.

Offline StepS

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 11:11 AM »
I think we need a fix the way how Ctrl+Home works.
dont describe it. it was discussed a million times before and after 3.7.0.0. Deadcode just forgot to implement a fix. don't worry because I'll make sure he doesn't forget it this time
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:13 AM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]