Forums
April 26, 2024, 09:00 AM

Author Topic: impis ttrr practising tutorial  (Read 1040 times)

impis ttrr practising tutorial
« on: October 15, 2014, 11:24 PM »
a couple of years ago i wrote a ttrr tutorial and now i noticed kaleu's topic, maybe someone will find it useful..

Introduction
Training process, I hope this article will be useful for both novice and experienced players.
The article is written from neuroscience  point of view, Im really sorry if you dont like that.
Alright, your goal - maximizing the skill with minimal time. Anyway, what is the skill exactly? The short answer: skill in ttrr - set of reflexes "If A, then B", for example if the worm flies at a certain angle to the wall (a) it will fall exactly this way (b), There is different neurons responsible for those two. The more often stimulus B arrives
after force A, the stronger the relationship between those neurons, and vice versa, if you get the opposite B instead of normal one - the synapses between neurons will be destroyed (hence you can conclude that the game with / ts, lg, etc. directly destroys your accumulated skills)

Training
Comes out that improvement of ttrr skill boils down to creation and strengthening of synapses in the nervous system (if A, then as soon as possible B!). Unfortunately synaptogenesis (science which studies the formation of synapses) are still poorly understood, but existing data should be enough to build a program for roping practising. To form a stable for a long time reflex you'll need about an hour of constant stimulation of the same connections in the nervous system, and perhaps many of you know that after 30 minutes of continuous operation the brain gets tired and lose focus in case you don't make a ~ 15mins break. And your actions during this period of time should be as same as possible, for example hour of scrolls, or just an hour of climbs.
The output is a graph:
first day
30 minutes of practising of a certain element
15 minute break, preferably outside of your computer
20-30 minutes of practise, that element again
On the same day, if you want you can repeat the same process but with a new element
the second day:
same as the last day, experiment with different elements
Third day:
it's better not to play at all, let relations in the nervous system become stronger, the process is somewhat similar to the formation of muscles that grow up during your relaxation. Nevertheless, if I wrote this paragraph on a scientific forum, it would cause controversy among neuroscientists.
Later you may use more free-days, since your reflexes will be already more or less formed

Do not flatter yourself!
The formation of synapses among people varies in different ways, there are talented people grasping everything in one touch, while others will need much more time to form a solid habit. In fact, you need inborn talent and following good conditions for your brain to get really good in ttrr.

Speedrun or Careful?
I noticed how players argue between each other: practice slow but careful roping so you can finish easily, or fast rope which lead to a faster skill growing. In fact, both of the parties is right in their own because the slow and fast roping is a completely different set of reflexes.
Try to practise exceptionally slow roping, you will be fine at finish at this speed, but as soon as you try to speed up your chances of falling will grow exponentially, the same situation gonna happen if you practise exclusively roping at a fast speed, you'll master fast roping, but if you need a careful run at a low speed, the purpose of which is to reach the finish, paradoxically, but most likely your chances of falling gonna increase.. because you try to go carefully, so you take a slower speed than usual, where you have a much weaker developed reflexes, which means you have more chances to fall, luckily there is more time to think while roping slow, so players who practised fast rope have a little advantage.

Nobody can stop me now!
Constant, not even a significant change in the "B".  Each time you change the keyboard, style (fr / one space / cheats etc), mode (/ ts / lg), skill will get worse.  if "A" lead to the changed"B". Therefore, instead of just forming a new connections brain also have to destroy the old ones, so in this case it will take even more time than in case you started to learn from scratch.
 Fortunately reflexes varies between each other, for instance, there are various reflexes controlling space and reflexes controlling arrows. So if you go from 2 spaces to 1, you have to completely rebuild the reflexes that control space, but still reflections that control arrows will remain unaffected.

Good luck with the practising

russian version (original):
Вступление
Тренировочный процесс, надеюсь данная статья будет полезна как новичкам так и опытным игрокам.
Статья написана с точки зрения нейробиологии.
Итак, ваша цель - максимальное повышение скилла при минимальных затратах времени. Для этого стоит разобраться, что такое скилл? Если вкратце то скилл в ттрр - это набор рефлексов: "если а, то б", к примеру если червь летит под определенным углом к стене (а) то он упадет именно так и никак иначе (б) , за а и б отвечают различные нейроны, чем чаще в мозг приходит стимул что после а действительно следует б, тем сильнее связь между этими нейронами, то есть формируется привычка, и наоборот если после "а" следует результат противоположный "б" - синапсы между нейронами будут разрушаться (отсюда можно сделать вывод что игра с /ts, lg, и тд напрямую разрушает ваши накопленные навыки)

Тренировка
Выходит что улучшение скилла в ттрр сводится к созданию и укреплению синапсов в нервной системе (если а, то как можно скорее б). К сожалению синаптогенез (наука изучающая формирования синапсов) еще мало изучена, но существующих данных вполне хватит что бы построить программу для тренировки ропинга. Для формирования устойчивого на долгое время рефлекса понадобится около часа постоянной стимуляции одних их тех же связей в нервной системе, и возможно многие из вас знают что после 30 минут непрерывной работы мозг устает и теряет фокусировку если не сделать ~15-минутный перерыв. Причем ваши действия в этот промежуток времени должны быть максимально однообразны, к примеру целый час скроллов, или целый час баунсов от стен, то есть специализированные тренировки определенного элемента отдельно от других.
На выходе получаем такой график:
первый день:
30 минут тренировки определенного элемента
15 минут перерыв, желательно вне компьютера
еще 20-30 минут тренировки того самого элемента
в этот же день при желании можно повторить тот же процесс но уже с новым элементом
второй день:
все так же, экспериментируйте с различными элементами
третий день:
лучше не играть вообще, дайте связям в нервной системе укрепиться, процесс чем-то похож на формирование мышц которые растут во время отдыха. Тем не менее если бы я написал этот пункт на научном форуме он бы вызвал споры среди нейробиологов.
По мере тренировок повышайте количество дней-отдыхов, так как сами рефлексы уже будут более-менее сформированы

Не обольщайтесь!
Формирование синапсов у всех людей проявляется по разному, существуют талантливые люди схватывающие все на лету, другим же понадобится намного больше времени для формирования привычки. Фактически вам нужен врожденный талант и последующие хорошие условия для вашего мозга

Осторожность или скорость
Я замечал как игроки спорят что лучше: практиковать в оффлайне медленный но осторожный ропинг что бы уметь финишировать в лиге, или же тренировать максимально быстрый ропинг что бы улучшить скилл. На самом деле обе из сторон по своему правы.
Дело в том что медленный и быстрый ропинг это совершенно отличающийся набор рефлексов.
Попробуйте тренировать исключительно медленный ропинг, вы будете отлично финишировать на этой скорости, но как только вы попытаетесь ускорится, ваши шансы на падение начнут расти в геометрической прогрессии, точно такая же ситуация будет если вы тренировали исключительно ропинг на быстрой скорости, вы будете отлично справляться при быстром ропинге, но если вам понадобится осторожный ран на низкой скорости, цель которого будет дойти до финиша, как не парадоксально, но скорее всего ваши шансы на падение увеличатся, ведь вы попытаетесь пойти осторожно, возьмете скорость ниже обычной, где у вас намного слабее развиты рефлексы, а значит сильнее шансы упасть, тут к счастью вам на помощь придет больше времени на обдумывание действии чем вы привыкли, поэтому у игроков которые сразу тренируют быстрый ропинг небольшое преимущество.

Что мешает?
Постоянные, даже не значительные изменения в "б". Каждый раз когда вы меняете клавиатуру, стиль (фр/one space/cheats etc), режим (/ts /lg), скилл будет ухудшаться. То есть если "а", то уже не такая как раньше "б". Поэтому мозгу кроме формирования новых связей к тому же постепенно придется разрушать старые, в данном случае это займет еще больше времени чем если бы вы начали учиться с нуля. К счастью рефлексы очень варьируются между собой, так например существуют различные рефлексы управляющие пробелом и рефлексы управляющие стрелками. А значит если вы перейдете с 2 пробелов на 1 вам придется полностью переформировать рефлексы управляющие пробелом, но рефлексы же управляющие стрелками останутся не затронутыми.

Удачи с формированием скилла

Offline Anubis

Re: impis ttrr practising tutorial
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 12:23 AM »
I can only speak from my personal perspective, none of which I can scientifically proof to be correct or anything, but in my case getting rid of unnecessary movements made me improve my roping. Pressing down space is nice because it has a "feel" to it. You will get used to this feel and what force it will need to have the timing. Unfortunately at one point I questioned this method and if it's the most effective way to keep learning to rope (after around 1 and a half year of roping). At that point I was still using a method called twitching, tensing your arm muscle to get rapid movement in your fingers, it was a technique that started with pain but since human nature adapts to almost everything it got better and at one point it was a natural movement to me.

So, when I decided that my skill gets limited by this and knowing that in order to utilize the new way (touch sensitive keys) I also had to switch from twitching to finger-rolling. The first thing I noticed is that not only did it physically relax my fingers, it also relaxed my brain as it had less information to process. At that point I met Jmoberg, he is/was known to be highly efficient with his roping using just 1 finger to rope. So I began to follow that and just rope slowly and efficient while still practicing my fingerroll. Even during school I did fingerroll under the table. My routine was to play slow and efficient as an alias and "normal" crazy useless tapping stuff with Anubis. I did this for a very long time in the golden era of warmers, it was pretty motivating too. At one point I felt I can switch between these "modes" on the fly making it very enjoyable to rope.

My point is, your brain will memorize both of them and at one point you can just do both without restrictions or re-learning the timings. It's all about expecting A when B happens. In my humble opinion it's a lot about muscle memory. Even the visual part is not necessary for some moves. Muscle Memory will go a long way, removing the visual part of Worms did not hinder me on performing basic tasks like a shadow or pump as long as I had the audio to rope with. You expect it to happen because it happened 10000000 times before so all you need is a hint (audio). It's rather fascinating. So if you wanna play slow and efficient and enjoy fast roping, do BOTH!

Conclusion: Just rope, let the magic happen itself and most importantly you need to have fun. If you force yourself to do X for Y amount of time and you hate the task it's of no use in my opinion. When I was still learning the ropes there would be no scientist in the world that could have stopped me on keep on playing warmers lol. And to be honest if you ask the best people in the world they won't be like: Well, I practiced 30 minutes a day, and then only 15. Then I moved on and practiced this for 30 minutes etc. They will tell you that they played the game/sports almost 24/7 (or as much as they could). :D

Btw, I am not trying to disagree with you. I am merely just telling my story and that I did not think about much of what happened, I just did it. Maybe your method will reduce learning time which might be cool for new people but I would still learn everything the way I did in W:A if I decide to devote so much time into a new game. Just playing and observing the ones that are better than you.

Cool thread, btw.  :-*
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 12:33 AM by Anubis »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 01:11 AM »
Interesting but too complex in my eyes, doesnt mean that it won't help tho, gj.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 01:38 AM »
Would anyone be Kind enough to upload a video of themselves roping and Being able to see the hands, keyboard and screen?. Ive always roped 1 finger 1 space and believed I can hit space twice just as quick as a finger roll.

So if someone could show that would be cool.

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Korydex

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 05:03 AM »
Statik:
Spoiler! View

Mablak:
Spoiler! View

Offline RIP

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 05:44 AM »
Impo doctor WA Sciences  :)
painted well.
but still reflections that control arrows will remain unaffected.
with this big problem when changing keyboards. experience has shown that the depth of depression, response arrows use different. even on membrane keyboards, not to mention the mechanical.
for example, I can not still go big rr map faster on any of the replaced 5 keyboards than on the old keyboard first.(on old 4 minutes, at the other +1 one minute. by mechanical even more.) because the management is different arrows, and does not give the same precise control as the first, the same purse bounces off the walls. (all other membrane keypads control arrows fell 10% estimated, and 40% mechanical point of view button operation, it is the middle of the movement buttons, control arrows visually at first glance otlichaetsya in two.)

russian version (original):
с этим большая проблема при смене клавиатур. как показала практика, глубина нажатия, отклик стрелок, отличаються. даже на мембранных клавиатурах, не говоря уже о механических.
например я не могу до сих пор пройти биг рр карту быстрее ни на одной из смененных 5 клавиатур, чем на старой первой клавиатуре.(на старой 4 минуты, на остальных на минуту больше. на механической еще больше.) потому что управление стрелками отличается, и не дает такого же точного контроля как на первой, таких же мошных отскоков от стен. (на всех других мембранных клавиатурах контроль стрелок упал на 10% примерное, а на механической на 40% ввиду точки срабатывания кнопки, он посредине движения кнопки, контроль стрелок визуально на первый взгляд отличаеться в двое.)
Враг думал — это пень, а снайпер снес ему мозги набекрень.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I play for fun unlike you и⊥ʎdʞ ин ʞɐʞ…
And the pain and the fear passes, unchangeable only death.

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 11:09 AM »
anubis is right, there is no faster way to get better than playing 24/7, I in the other hand always felt like practising is a waste of time so i just aimed for the balance between time/roping skill (i'd say roping isnt a skill, you may have skill in elite or bng, but roping is a one big reflex). Enjoying the process is very important too..
there's alot of things come to my mind since i write this, but im really lazy to rewrite all this xd

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 11:12 AM »
Statik:
Spoiler! View

Mablak:
Spoiler! View

cool, mablaks kb sounds like mine and statiks sounds like he is drain pipe or something

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 11:14 AM »
anubis is right, there is no faster way to get better than playing 24/7, I in the other hand always felt like practising is a waste of time so i just aimed for the balance between time/roping skill (i'd say roping isnt a skill, you may have skill in elite or bng, but roping is a one big reflex). Enjoying the process is very important too..
there's alot of things come to my mind since i write this, but im really lazy to rewrite all this xd

if only you could headbutt your words into a the keyboard.

jpg images

Offline RIP

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 02:49 PM »
Mablak seems to me use a mechanical keyboard. by the way I played on the keyboard as in static, the same as I was told and Barman use Logitech Illuminated.

i recording 10 minute video on two keyboards, not only a lot of fails but also weight 1.39 GB video  >:( :-X
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:34 PM by RIP »
Враг думал — это пень, а снайпер снес ему мозги набекрень.
I play for fun unlike you и⊥ʎdʞ ин ʞɐʞ…
And the pain and the fear passes, unchangeable only death.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 04:41 PM »
I want to point out one thing that relates to this topic.

3 years ago I started playing on my old acoustic guitar (consider a guitar as a keyboard). Then a year later, my guitar got broken, so I've bought a new one. It was quite hard to get used to the new guitar. 1 month of playing on a new guitar made me feel pretty comfortable with it. But I loved the sound of my old guitar... So I repaired it to see if it sounds as good as before with new strings. Surprisingly, old guitar remained its sound I liked. And now, I play on both!

I noticed an interesting effect... The moment I came back to playing on my old guitar, I played much better on it! It was a bit uncomfortable for the first week, but eventually, I played better anyway (I conclude that reflexes didn't vanish nowhere). So I don't understand why you say that we need to rebuild our reflexes everytime we change an instrument. Yes, it requires time to adapt, but old connections between neurons can't be destroyed once they are linked into fast conditioned (reflectional) connection. I think that neurons have ability to sort of transfer connections to the "new field", they are not isolated. 4 days of practising simple runs/movements/elemental skills is enough to build up the reflex you want for that. I can now easily switch between guitars. Recently I've acquired electric guitar and again, 3-4 days was enough to get used to it. So, the more guitars I play on, the better I play on them altogether! I have doubt whether it's true for all people, though. Maybe it's just my personal neurological quality.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 05:08 PM »
play warmers

that's all
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 05:32 PM »
i know what you mean, xrayez.
changing guitar is like moving to another game, Playing W:A with new keyboard is a bit different. Imagine that you have a new keyboard, it response 0.1 second faster. You pass zigzags on the map and press space as  you get used 0.1 earlier, but instead of seeing "A" lead to "B" your worm fall, a sharp impulse signalizing about conflict, A doesnt lead to B anymore, so it forces brain to get used to the new B, its like strings on your guitar would get messed

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 07:35 PM »
The distance between strings and a fretboard is called action. This action varies in any guitar. Acoustic guitar has bigger action, while electric guitars are designed in the way to significantly decrease the action (and different strings have light and heavy gauges!)

So in this case with guitars, I also felt some kind of delay/different response when I switched back and forth between acoustic and electric guitars, and eventually this feeling of wrong delay/response has gone with some practice.

Quick adaptation to variability and changes are also skills which can be delevoped, I think it can be related to intuition and stuff, (apart from)/(along with) logic.

changing guitar is like moving to another game, Playing W:A with new keyboard is a bit different.

Music is a game, and guitars are similar to keyboards in this matter! I could play worms without keyboard if I could play it just using my mind, so with music, these are just instruments.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:41 PM by Xrayez »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 08:11 PM »
Xrayez is right about that, since I used to play guitar years ago I had a similar experience. I only used 2 different guitars but switching between them was never a problem after playing on the other for a while. In fact it ALSO made me better. The new guitar needed more pressure on the strings to use and when I switched back to my old one which didn't require so much pressure it was a breeze and a lot easier than before.