Forums
April 27, 2024, 04:21 PM

Author Topic: Influential Wormer?  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Kradie

Influential Wormer?
« on: February 03, 2021, 09:17 PM »
Who is/was the most influential wormer in your opinion?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Anubis

Re: Influential Wormer?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 01:49 PM »
Some league owner like MonkeyIsland, Kiros etc.

Funny enough, my notorious clan hopping made me exceptionally influential in that regard. I have influenced dozens of clans with my presence. :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 01:51 PM by Anubis »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 04:06 PM »
Some league owner like MonkeyIsland, Kiros etc.

Funny enough, my notorious clan hopping made me exceptionally influential in that regard. I have influenced dozens of clans with my presence. :D
Hehehe it's so funny that you proclaimed yourself because it's so God damn right ;D The wind of Anubis still speaks amongst us wormers even now today. Heck even I mention your name from time to time! Sometime e.g if someone does something pro on rope I can say ''That must be prophet of Anubis'', and some even remembers :o

Yes, MI has great influence of worms community and the league, I salute him for that. ^^
 Heck, even Sensei for the the creation of WA discord :)

Offline Korydex

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 04:40 PM »
Deadcode, CyberShadow, FFie, MI, Crespo & Zemke

Offline skunk3

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 10:30 AM »
Depends on what 'influential' means. There's a lot of people who stood out for various reasons.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 12:16 PM »
Could you please tell us from your own words who Crespo & Zemke were for the community of WA?

Depends on what 'influential' means. There's a lot of people who stood out for various reasons.
Could you provide one or few examples?

Thanks.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 12:27 PM »
Could you please tell us from your own words who Crespo & Zemke were for the community of WA?
Created & managed the most prestigious competition for worms that's been around for 19 years

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 02:48 PM »
I think amongst random brazilians players I am one of the most known because of that youtube channel which I had thousands of worms armageddon downloads and game tutorials.
Last year I removed all download links and kept the tutorials videos. When I'm online random noobs always salute me and say thanks.  :D :D
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 10:01 PM »
Many people influenced me. But I'd say Run influenced me a lot due to his writings, schemes, etc.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline skunk3

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 02:46 PM »

Could you provide one or few examples?
Well, there's some players who weren't super elite level players but who were highly fun to play with and talk to. Personality matters far more to me than skills. If you are cool and can make me laugh and enjoy the time spent chatting in game, that's far better than having skills. There's so many to name, but Fizix, Erod, Goaty, Jmoberg, Brudi, TheDogg, Chicken23, MagicalHobo, Yuurepoer, Kronik, Moose, Mr. E, Link (before he went crazy, I guess?), Toxic, Bathtubgin, Blaze, Stringking, Mook, and RobOne4 are just a few that come to mind as far as players from the past. Being an interesting person > being a good Worms player.

There's also other players who stand out in terms of skill in various schemes. No need to really mention those people as most people already know who they are. The first clan duo to really stand out to me were LordY and HippY. The past is full of amazing players, a few of which I didn't get along with because they took the game way too seriously and didn't know how to have fun. All they cared about was ranked, and I kinda always hated playing ranked games. It saps all the fun out of the game IMHO but that's just me. I'll play funners vs. anyone but when it 'counts' it adds a level of stress to the game that shouldn't be there. I play Worms to relax, not stress out lol.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 02:48 PM by skunk3 »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2021, 04:22 PM »
What are you talking about Link went crazy?

Offline lalo

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 01:14 PM »
Maybe he meant Toxic   ;D

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 04:51 PM »
VitAp, Triad

Offline Kradie

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 04:57 PM »
VitAp, Triad
What have they done from your own words?

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2021, 02:22 AM »
VitAp did a bunch of videos, that im usually linking when ppl ask for a general purpose guide
i did also watch them and did learn couple odd things here and there

Triad mainly introduced me to BigRR and getting good at roping, and told me to rebind X to F8 xd