Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:08 PM

Author Topic: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos  (Read 26879 times)

Offline Rabbzz

Re: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2016, 11:59 AM »
Speaking of Steelseries, has anyone tried Steelseries 6gv2 with Cherry MX Red switches?

If your getting the steelseries 6gv2 im pretty sure black switches are the way to go.

Offline Triad

« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2016, 08:04 PM »
Speaking of Steelseries, has anyone tried Steelseries 6gv2 with Cherry MX Red switches?

If your getting the steelseries 6gv2 im pretty sure black switches are the way to go.
Afaik they are technically the same switch. The only real difference is that blacks have heavier springs, reds are much lighter.

So what are really pros and cons of each switch model in WA and also at other things? I don't have much experience with mechanical keyboards.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2016, 09:54 PM »
Steelseries 6gv2 black switches > logitech illuminated k740.
I am now in a position to advise of that.

Happy to demonstrate if you are not convinced.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:46 AM by Ryan »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2016, 09:00 AM »
Not feeling confident over a mechanical kb for worming... i've had got razer blackwidow and key profile were way too high, whilst i logitech illuminated are lower, was looking for steelseries apex cuz it's a membrane kb so i guess key profiles should be lower. Dunno about this steelseries 6gv2...

Therefore i'm undecided about these keyboards:

-Logitech Illuminated (the current one i'm using).
-Steelseries apex raw.
-Steelseries 6gv2 black switches.
-Cougar 200k (which got me curious for the cheap prize and the scissors keys).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 09:59 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline Triad

« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2016, 12:09 PM »

Hi, have you tested both red and black switches for 6gv2? Just to make sure if one of them is clearly better.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2016, 12:12 PM »

Hi, have you tested both red and black switches for 6gv2? Just to make sure if one of them is clearly better.

also can you explain me what the f@#! are red and black switches? xDDD

Offline Triad

« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2016, 12:24 PM »

also can you explain me what the f@#! are red and black switches? xDDD

Afaik they are technically the same switch. The only real difference is that blacks have heavier springs, reds are much lighter.

So what are really pros and cons of each switch model in WA and also at other things? I don't have much experience with mechanical keyboards.

http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 12:28 PM by Triad »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2016, 01:01 PM »
Dunno how anyone, who used low profile keys for some time, can even consider to switch on mechanical kb..

Or mechanicals have wide range of choice nowadays?!?

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2016, 01:21 PM »
Dunno how anyone, who used low profile keys for some time, can even consider to switch on mechanical kb..

Or mechanicals have wide range of choice nowadays?!?

Infact i'm afraid to switch from logitech to a mechanical one, i feel like i may not like it and regret it

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2016, 02:22 PM »

because they're faster sigh

go watch any typing championship or similar and see if you spot a membrane

This is a game, not a typing championship, and in rope games taps are not the only things that matter.

Offline Peja

« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2016, 06:56 PM »
john stockton avatar  :-*

Offline skunk3

« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2016, 08:19 PM »
I gotta agree with Caye on this one. *ducks*

It really doesn't matter too much what keyboard you own or use. As long as it doesn't suffer from ghosting/keylock, you will be fine. I can see how those used to playing with "low profile" keyboards might need an adjustment period after buying a mechanical, but overall I feel as though they would prefer a mechanical over something with membrane switches for gaming and not. I actually like the travel distance on my spacebar, although some people might say that it's too far. (Mechanicals are also just more of a pleasure to use in general due to the feel and the sound. I feel like I can type faster on a mechanical because you feel every single keystroke..) Before I got my fancy schmancy gaming keyboard, I was using a $2 thrift store Dell PS2 keyboard with membranes for YEARS. I also had a super old PC and positively ancient monitor which only supported an 800x600 resolution, and yet I still managed to be very competitive. It's not really what you have so much as what you're used to. My Corsair kb is USB rather than PS2 and I feel no latency whatsoever.

I don't think that there's any definitive "best" keyboard for Worms because I am sure that if we looked at video footage of our hands and the hands of other players, we would see that we all do it a bit differently. Just pick a keyboard and stick with it. Eventually your muscle memory is going to adapt. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 08:21 PM by skunk3 »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2016, 05:54 AM »
You wanna rope? here's the big news: any of those keyboards is going to allow you to rope to your full potential. There is no secret to the game nor hardware that makes you magically better. Now, if you want to f@#! the rope, scroll the shit and go nuts get a mechanical. But if you have never used one don't bother, stick to whatever looks good on your table like Komo did.

I don't agree here. Your roping depends on you, ofc, but hardware mostly makes difference. Roping from a cheap logitech with an illuminated one has been an important upgrade to my worms carreer. I've had previously a razer blackwidow, but i didn't like it for WA, and it's mechanical, how comes i didn't like it? Not everyone sticks to your idea, and you don't have to be rude to say it that way. I've never seen you in ag roping nor seen any replays of you, may i know who the f@#! gives you the right to write like that

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 08:09 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2016, 06:19 AM »
IAM THE BEST

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2016, 08:09 AM »

I've seen some reviews, and looks cool but i don't know about black switches,would try a red one but i can't find it here in Italy...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 08:25 AM by Sbaffo »