Forums
April 28, 2024, 05:57 PM

Author Topic: Old replays and players through the years  (Read 52760 times)

Offline twistah

Re: Old replays and players through the years
« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2013, 04:27 PM »
I was just wearing that tag for a couple days :P

Offline Fenice

« Reply #196 on: October 01, 2013, 04:48 PM »
Does anybody have replays of Volcom?
There's a few replays at LW, but he was kinda rusty there.

:(

« Reply #197 on: October 01, 2013, 05:25 PM »
Does anybody have replays of Volcom?
There's a few replays at LW, but he was kinda rusty there.

:(
Use the "Salón de la Fama" and search for Volcom.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #198 on: October 01, 2013, 05:53 PM »
I remember that game actually twistah.. because of the map, played that map so many times ;P Even some more vs you I think. Sad I lost all replays from 2007 ;/ There is one question I've never got the answer to though twisah, how did you end up in OSW? You were not oldschool when you joined, lol
Yeah, not on the memberlist either:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010723014602/http://www.dsmine.de/worms/m_list.php3?name=&pass=

Although, I don't see dodgymat and slothball on there either, so the list might be a little outdated ;D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:59 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Fenice

« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2013, 06:20 PM »
Use the "Salón de la Fama" and search for Volcom.

I got the same error, but thanks anyway. ;)

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #200 on: October 03, 2013, 08:37 AM »
kudos to leroy and varial! good posts! 

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2013, 11:33 PM »
Found some old worms 2 roper videos on youtube.

Offline avirex

« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2013, 01:32 AM »
pretty rare find i guess... being there was no replays, they had to record this during the game...  nice stuff in there for not having the luxury of picking out the best stuff out of replays, like we have now....

only guy i remember is shenlong, and i dont even remember him, just name is familiar...  they are all brazillian guys, it seems.. maybe this new group "w2" that has been popping up on w:a will know these guys better...

some things i noticed: this is obviously after 1 of snatch's patches, because its the lower resolution (not sure how we ever roped on big resolution) and there are more then 9 shots per rope... but it must be before another one of snatchs patch, cuz he did away with the annoying pop up at top of screen "99 swings left, 98 swings left, 96 etc)

another thing to notice, is retreat time is only 5 seconds... its amazing how w:a newbified roper *winks*

and, just a funny thing, clusters are in place of nades... w2 was so customizable, ppl used cluster, but made them the power as nades, and made mortars react to wind as zooks did, and would use mortar instead of zook, and some ppl even had clusters shoot from the bomb, but with no damage, and no blast radius... every little tiny detail to each weapon was customizable, i believe u could even make a grenade react to the wind...    so, i noticed some guy recently made a w:a weapon editor very similar.. so that will be cool...

nice find rabbit

Offline SpideR

« Reply #203 on: December 10, 2013, 04:10 AM »
OMG, I missed this thread... so cool!
Marco and volrin hahah

Do any of you have old replays of me?

Offline Fenice

« Reply #204 on: December 10, 2013, 04:47 AM »

Offline Crazy

« Reply #205 on: December 10, 2013, 02:23 PM »
* 2004-07-24 19.51.50 [Online] PiNgUiMbS, TdCxGlady, CrAzYlTDCl, bSpideR.WAgame (140.23 kB - downloaded 66 times.)
* 2004-07-24 20.15.46 [Online] PiNgUiMbS, TdCxGlady, CrAzYlTDCl, bSpideR.WAgame (151.87 kB - downloaded 52 times.)

I have one more RR with a brazillian Spider but clantag says "oD", I think it was another Spider from brazil actually, lol.. I've also got a shoppa with xspiderx, not sure if it's you but I'll spare us both by not uploading that game. You and Pinguim wrecking me and Glady apart (have a feeling I've uploaded this before). I can't believe Fada let you join TdC after you destroyed our playoff-chances back then. Sadly I lost all games from the time when we were in SiX together...

Offline SpideR

« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2013, 03:11 PM »
Ahhh hahaha :D

So nice to see that! PiNgUiM too.
My roping was much more outgoing... I want it back!!!

I used to take this game very seriously and at the same time having much more fun :o

THANKS a lot, crazy :)

« Reply #207 on: December 24, 2013, 09:05 PM »
My oldest replay dates 2004-03-21.
Most of my replays are shoppa games I think. I deleted my replays between 01-05-2005 and today, because I havent played more then a month continuesly during those years.

To add to the topic, here are some warmers/ropers with oldschool players:
VoltageIWC, Skel, aenimic, BacK2SkooLSFX, llwpllrox, NBRthewalrus, mmsprek, kronwwa, sickropes, VoltageIWC, dismember, joshlldSll, Snoopx2x, llWcDllChUpIkA.
All of them date 2004. I think none of them are active now, they are mostly oldschool players who have been in the oldschool clans (SFX, X2X, WcD etc..)
I didn't check the chat for private info, I think there is none.

Don't judge my roping, I never claimed to be a pro.
Yay, I was mentioned! I wish I still had my replays. I gotta watch these when I get back at my place. I'm pretty sure time my roping looks worse than I remember  ;D
Edit: I think it's funny how people have been missing the "good old days" for like 10 years :D Probably even longer. I'm not saying I don't miss them but still it's funny.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:16 PM by volt »

Offline SpideR

« Reply #208 on: December 25, 2013, 12:08 PM »
Hey there Voltage :D

Welcome back or at least welcome in Tus!

« Reply #209 on: December 25, 2013, 01:06 PM »
Thank you! It feels so nostalgic to be on a worms forum. I will play some games probably so see you on wormnet hopefully!