Forums
May 01, 2024, 11:53 PM

Author Topic: Old replays and players through the years  (Read 53016 times)

Offline avirex

Re: Old replays and players through the years
« Reply #240 on: March 25, 2014, 12:04 AM »
Can't believe that people used to think MrE was a cheater, lol. Anyway, good replays Twyrfher. ;)

was that internet sarcasm??

MrE did cheat.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #241 on: March 29, 2014, 07:11 AM »
If anyone could search there replay folders and find name : H3LLTE4M or fungerus that would be awsome as these was my original names.

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #242 on: March 29, 2014, 10:42 AM »
Can't believe that people used to think MrE was a cheater, lol. Anyway, good replays Twyrfher. ;)

was that internet sarcasm??

MrE did cheat.
I played nonstop with mre in 2003 when we were both in nbr before i went inactive, and i can without a shadow of a doubt confirm he cheated. 

My source:  He told me.

It's funny people don't think mre wasn't a cheater because he told many people he did cheat, lol.

Offline Fenice

« Reply #243 on: March 29, 2014, 02:48 PM »
Well, excuse me then. His taps in those replays just didn't look "unbelievable" to me, they seem pretty standard. :D

Offline raz0r

• Official Unofficiator

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
    • yourmom.com
« Reply #244 on: March 30, 2014, 02:01 PM »
i will mail someone quasi-human flaming orange radioactive fecal matter laced with platinum if you can find me in a replay

*edit* insufficient fecal matter adjectives, adequately rectified
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:02 PM by raz0r »
nobody cares about apathy...

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #245 on: March 30, 2014, 05:18 PM »
Well, excuse me then. His taps in those replays just didn't look "unbelievable" to me, they seem pretty standard. :D
There is a difference between cherry picking one or two replays you watch of him from 10 years ago and actually watching him play on a consistent basis.

Offline varialheelflip

« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2014, 01:53 AM »
You also have to remember the hardware we were working with back in the day.. Let's see.. when I was a hardcore wormer there was:

Napster
56k dialup
AOL 1.0
winamp
CRT monitors

So yeah, our keyboards were pretty crappy too. 3 key rule was in affect unless you had a cool "usb" keyboard.

Wow. This just brought  back way too many memories. Time to listen to the beastie boys..

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2014, 07:59 AM »

So yeah, our keyboards were pretty crappy too. 3 key rule was in affect unless you had a cool "usb" keyboard.

Except not. Key lock is quite a modern thing and most USB keyboards introduced had it and have it. Whilst old keyboards tend not to have it.

In fact, the frist keyboard I ever roped with was one of the best I ever had, and I didn't even know it.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2014, 08:13 AM »
But why was keylock introduced at all?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2014, 08:33 AM »
But why was keylock introduced at all?

keys close to each other share the same "circuit" therefore keyboards cost less to produce.

It's a technology introduced to make them cheaper. It's the worst ever. Even my Cherry black kb has a keylock (left-up-space)
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2014, 09:24 AM »
It is called optimization :) But it's a bad optimization if one can't press 4 keys at the same time :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline LordHound

« Reply #251 on: May 05, 2014, 12:41 PM »
Hi folks :)

Nice thread! So many players that I forgot about! Might dig out my old pc next time I'm home and see if I've any replays from around 2004.

Pity there was no replays before that, so many good warmers with Tenchi back then, and most of NBR.

*Drools in nostalgia*

Offline Korydex

« Reply #252 on: February 08, 2015, 12:49 PM »
Deadcode has been able to record his games even before replays existed and then convert it to regular replays format. So here are some:
* 2001-05-31 04.29.00 [Extracted] @Deadcode, BlizZardT17, GARG0YLE.WAgame (183.34 kB - downloaded 80 times.)

* 2001-03-06 23.04.34 [Extracted] slothball, @Deadcode.WAgame (132.07 kB - downloaded 78 times.)

* 2001-03-25 22.30.26 [Extracted] SwissPowerWorms, deore, XxNetnikxX, bizkitthrasher, pol, @Deadcode.WAgame (391.67 kB - downloaded 80 times.)

* 2001-04-29 20.36.09 [Extracted] MPH, @Deadcode.WAgame (98.77 kB - downloaded 118 times.)
(EPIC HHG  @ 14:59)
* 2002-04-30 06.27.24 [Extracted] XxProXxXDarkxX, @Deadcode, volrinxeifx, skullxt1mx, Deanstyle.WAgame (143.83 kB - downloaded 128 times.)

Offline Fenice

« Reply #254 on: February 08, 2015, 01:06 PM »
Damn, awesome job. Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

Finally we can see volrin's roping, and that Helloween guy was a pretty good roper. :P
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:09 PM by Fenice »