Forums
May 02, 2024, 07:59 AM

Author Topic: Professional Roping Organization  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Professional Roping Organization
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 04:34 PM »
I hope you do, because he's right! Maps are the most important part of roper, the number of hides, the height, the sides etc., are all very relevant whether 15s or any time is enough to make a good turn. A good map should be hard for a good roper (not impossible) where you can reach a cr8 and still attack with a bazooka (no bazooka proof hides). Such turn includes smooth scrolling, smart climbing and flying. I think a council of very good ropers should test maps and approve them for a serious nice map pack. In the end all ropers should strive to become as good or even better than our current best and when our current best can do said turns a map is fine. At least that's my opinion on roper maps. And the cool part, every month or so you can charge DLC map packs! ;)

Whether it will end up with 15s, or 10s doesn't matter really.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:39 PM by Anubis »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 04:43 PM »
That is actually a very good idea.

Over the course of the 1st Season, I will save as many maps as I possibly can, hopefully avi can do the same, and we will save them all into a PRL map pack.

And it's up to the players to pick what map they play on, I personally avoid ridiculous tunnel maps that are too high with no room to move quickly.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 04:58 PM »
All pros here   :'(

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 06:55 PM »
Holy f@#! would love to play some but... :(

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 06:59 PM »
I haven't got my pc for now

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2015, 07:03 PM »
I haven't got my pc for now

Damn, howcome?

Cuz i have a bad behaviour irl xd

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2015, 07:18 PM »
Pffft, you better be a good boy then from now on :P

Offline avirex

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 06:36 PM »
i was totally sarcastic, anubis...

all i have for a mouse now is my touch pad on my laptop, but when i had a mouse (and hopefully ill get one soon) i hardly never played on a saved map, i would create a new map before each rope game, and i would never save them either...

i do agree that there is a shortage of good roper maps out there, Mablak has about 20 nice ones in his roper pack (his personal roper pack, not the mega pack)... seems like the first 30 are good, and after that he got sloppy with the maps, just to make the pack lol.

so i can agree a new roper map pack with some nice maps is well over-due

but i would never ever say "here's the PRL map pack, you must use these maps, enjoy"  nah.. cant see that happening.

also, anubis i agree with everything your saying on what goes into a good roper map... and IMO i know how to make these maps each time, random generated with some edits... theres not a real science that needs to go into it, you dont need to "test" the maps... you just make a map that has a nice width from the sides, a nice height from the top, etc.  if your a good roper, and passionate about the scheme i think you should know how to make a good roper map... its a shame not everyone has figured this out, but i dont think its a good idea to say all ropers have to be played on a certain map pack, because there are some fools that dont know what goes into a roper map.

if i ever get a real mouse tho, i will work on a map pack, but it deff. wont be mandatory to play on them.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:11 PM by avirex »

Offline nino

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 08:40 PM »
Chicken23 is just branded forever noob in roper!  lol and nino too :D sorry bud ;p

Yea, thats for sure! Muahaha  ::) ;D

gl to that project  :)

hauhauha cant desagree but we could do it 3vs3? then our team is complete, nino, chicken23 and SPW xD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline SPW

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 10:51 PM »
I know how you play a best of series muaha, remember our elite challenge years ago? I still have my two wins on my desktop, leading 2-0 but you never finished it cause.... king muahah xd

Offline nino

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 12:18 AM »
I know how you play a best of series muaha, remember our elite challenge years ago? I still have my two wins on my desktop, leading 2-0 but you never finished it cause.... king muahah xd

Ye i remember that, but did not get it tho lol. but ill huahuahuha anyway cos king.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 04:13 AM »
i was totally sarcastic, anubis...

all i have for a mouse now is my touch pad on my laptop, but when i had a mouse (and hopefully ill get one soon) i hardly never played on a saved map, i would create a new map before each rope game, and i would never save them either...

i do agree that there is a shortage of good roper maps out there, Mablak has about 20 nice ones in his roper pack (his personal roper pack, not the mega pack)... seems like the first 30 are good, and after that he got sloppy with the maps, just to make the pack lol.

so i can agree a new roper map pack with some nice maps is well over-due

but i would never ever say "here's the PRL map pack, you must use these maps, enjoy"  nah.. cant see that happening.

also, anubis i agree with everything your saying on what goes into a good roper map... and IMO i know how to make these maps each time, random generated with some edits... theres not a real science that needs to go into it, you dont need to "test" the maps... you just make a map that has a nice width from the sides, a nice height from the top, etc.  if your a good roper, and passionate about the scheme i think you should know how to make a good roper map... its a shame not everyone has figured this out, but i dont think its a good idea to say all ropers have to be played on a certain map pack, because there are some fools that dont know what goes into a roper map.

if i ever get a real mouse tho, i will work on a map pack, but it deff. wont be mandatory to play on them.

The art of random roper maps is almost lost. When I used to host I always made random roper maps too, and I remember many great ropers did the same. It's a shame this tradition has essentially died completely. Is it laziness or just lack of knowledge?