Forums
May 02, 2024, 11:07 AM

Author Topic: Professional Roping Organization  (Read 1940 times)

Offline avirex

Professional Roping Organization
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:09 PM »
Brought to you by, Komito and avirex!!

This was not a typo!!

we have organized a 2v2 ladder, strictly for the rope scheme!!  this rope scheme however, is aimed at a higher skill level, we tweaked the original roper scheme to maximize the skill level of the game.

14 second turn time, 8 second retreat, 15 second hot seat... Any weapon first turn (not just the bazooka) zooks are increased damage (max 51) Fall damage is also increased (148%) You have 5 bazookas per game, 4 parachutes, and 1 sheep.. so use your weapons wisely!

The 2v2 ladder is designed so any combination of players can play, at any time... you can play with Komito today, and Chelsea tomorrow!! or play 3 games with 3 other people, switching partners each round!!

The Ladder will be based on a handicap system, all players start with a default handicap of 5, each consecutive win will raise their handicap 1 point with a max handicap of 10, and naturally, each loss will lower your handicap 1 point, 1 being lowest possible handicap... The points you gain will be based on your opponent combined handicap.

example: Mablak(handicap 10) dibz (handicap 10) if a team beats this team they will receive 20 points
nino(handicap 1) chicken23(handicap1) if a team beats this team they will recieve 2 points

you lose no points for losing a match, you will only drop in handicap, so hopefully this will encourage more games being played, without fear of having a weaker partner, and less newb bashing, because you wont gain many points... you will have to beat nino and chicken 10 games in a row, to win as much points as you will vs. Mablak and dibz in 1 game.

there is no need to sign-up, just find a partner, and begin asking for PRL in AG, report your wins accordingly.

for more details, or to report your first match, visit https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/pro/ 

Thank you all!  and gl hf pro ropers!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:12 PM by avirex »

Offline Peja

Re: Professional Roping Organization
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 12:46 AM »
Gonna boycott this league since u did not mention me in your intro post, while Chelsea has all your  attention
 >:(
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Husk

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 02:48 PM »
sounds like fun =P I am up for PRL if u see me in ag

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 03:13 PM »
Gonna boycott this league since u did not mention me in your intro post, while Chelsea has all your  attention
 >:(

Actually you were in the original example when we 1st discussed the idea Peja :P

Offline avirex

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 03:25 PM »
huahauh, peja, i did use you in the example for the original idea...

then i said "actually, thats not fair peja has got alot better in roper" haha

you should be happy you are no longer the first thought when it comes to weak ropers, peja ;p`

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 03:41 PM »
why have me and nino been automatically classed as noobs?!  >:( ;D

Offline avirex

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 04:50 PM »
lolololol.   sorry chicken, you actually are not bad in roper, you can even ttrr a bit as well... but all that does not matter, you can roper 18 hours a day, for the next year straight... be the ultimate pro roper, own everyone in wnet, be rank 1 overall on tus roper, and it still wont matter..

Chicken23 is just branded forever noob in roper!  lol and nino too :D sorry bud ;p

Offline spleen17

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 08:31 PM »

Same here.

Why limit the zooks though? Wouldn't it be more challenging if you limited the mines and/or nades?

Offline SPW

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 10:59 PM »
Chicken23 is just branded forever noob in roper!  lol and nino too :D sorry bud ;p

Yea, thats for sure! Muahaha  ::) ;D

gl to that project  :)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 06:45 AM »

Same here.

Why limit the zooks though? Wouldn't it be more challenging if you limited the mines and/or nades?

Cheap hides would become more powerful if they did that :(

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 08:52 AM »

Same here.

Cheap hides would become more powerful if they did that :(

cheap hides as in hides were it's extremely hard to hit with anything other than a zook?  ???

limiting zooks and removing 1 second turn time does virtually nothing, as the two things they're trying to affect with said changes are completely overlapped by map selection.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Husk

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 12:05 PM »
I think ryan meant hides where u wanna try mine instead of zooka, if u would have limited mines and nades, those hides would be very good and people would just self zooka themselves every game xD

Offline avirex

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 03:14 PM »
ahh, ropa is here... i could not wait for this!!!  the one man i was hoping to hear from, ok ropa, what would you do to make this scheme better?? i am all ears, since your ideas are always much better/smarter then anything anyone else can come up with.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 03:21 PM »
ahh, ropa is here... i could not wait for this!!!  the one man i was hoping to hear from, ok ropa, what would you do to make this scheme better?? i am all ears, since your ideas are always much better/smarter then anything anyone else can come up with.

they seem like gratuite changes that's all

a second less or more really has no affect on the gameplay since it's totally influenced by map selection and I'd say more than 5 zooks are rarely used in a normal game

the sheep is cool though, allows for a wider range of suicide that it can be hard enough to pull off at times

the advice is obvious, compile an official map pack for this competition with at least some variety but where said rules make most sense
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 03:27 PM »
ahhh great advice ropa, thanx man.. im gonna get working on this map pack right now...