Forums
May 04, 2024, 09:29 PM

Author Topic: Roping feels different offline compared to online?  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Free

Roping feels different offline compared to online?
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:08 PM »
Me and some others have been wondering why offline roping feels bit different than online roping. It feels like a little gravity change between them.

Anyone else notice the same? Is there something to it? Feels hard to believe its just placebo because it feels strongly in my opinion.

Offline Anubis

Re: Roping feels different offline compared to online?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:20 PM »
I have always noticed a slight difference in my own roping when comparing offline to online. I can't explain it either, but I know some people feel the same. Also, some people say it's connected to the terrain used. Bonhert for example has a theory about it.

Does playing online limit the FPS or something?

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 01:30 AM »
scientists call this thing brain self-persuasion.
example:
you playing ttrr offline, plopped first worm and the next moment your 2nd turn started in which you made a successful run, and the next turn you failed. And you'll feel like you did alright because in offline fail cost you few loosed seconds, in fact the brain doesnt even pay attention at those
then you playing online, once you fail first worm you'll think to yourself how terrible you are currently in terms of the roping shape, because now you actually gotta wait like few mins till everyone else use their worms. thats more than enough to feel all the rage, and if you fail your 2nd worm your chances to perform rage quit rises in geometric progressions

there is some other factors as well, like being relaxed with makes controlling better as well as lack of nerves, and fingers sure warms faster since there is nobody except you in offline. all those factors on couple make such noticeble difference

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 01:31 AM »
Me and some others have been wondering why offline roping feels bit different than online roping.

Do those others, perchance, consume quantities of weed comparable to your own on a regular basis? Just curious. :D

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 02:58 AM »
Me and some others have been wondering why offline roping feels bit different than online roping. It feels like a little gravity change between them.

Anyone else notice the same? Is there something to it? Feels hard to believe its just placebo because it feels strongly in my opinion.

Roping offline is absolutely different then online.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 04:49 AM »
Stop roping on drugs.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 05:02 AM »
Stop roping on drugs.
Stop roping on worms which is drug itself already, thats for sure the best solution human can propose :D

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 05:16 AM »
Also, some people say it's connected to the terrain used. Bonhert for example has a theory about it.

I can say on some terrains, roping feels slower. Maybe it is just me I don't know.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline CyberShadow

• W:A maintainer

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 07:47 AM »
Roping offline is absolutely different then online.

Please try the following:

1) Host a LAN, WormNET or TCP/IP game only by yourself. Does it feel like roping online or offline?
2) Create a HostingBuddy game and start it by yourself (the game should have only yourself and HostingBuddy). Or, use the "Play now" link on a WMDB map. Does it feel like roping online or offline?

Offline Husk

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 09:34 AM »
I feel like I am inside the map

Offline avirex

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 10:42 AM »
i always play my single games, online via wormnet...

i always host by myself, no1 comes, and i ttrr solo...

(if thats what you mean CS?)

i feel no difference... i dunno what these guys are talking about... but i never play offline, so cant compare.

Offline franz

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 12:34 PM »
I do remember a very slight difference in roping from WA to WWP back when it was released, but offline WA vs online WA I really don't feel a difference at all.

can you be more specific, saying which one is more gravity than the other, not just that they're 'different'

and for how long you've felt this happening, like was it just recently? or for years?

Offline Hussar

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 12:54 PM »
am roping better when am warming offline, dunno if it is just coz am playing without pressure, but propably thats it.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 01:33 PM »
it's just a psicological factor i guess, because of the waiting time you have online.

hello guys :D

Offline ANO

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 01:47 PM »
Take a mate who will set up for you 2 different games:

A - online
B - offline

Come on the pc only to do the turn of the game A and go back to smoke your cigarette.
At this point your mate will set up the pc for the new game and the new turn (game B); then just come back again to play your turn.
After this, come randomly to play without knowing game A and game B.
Your mate will follow you in this and at the end of the experiment he will interview you and you will do a report.