Forums
May 13, 2024, 01:52 PM

Author Topic: Roping without delay!!! MOTHER OF GOD  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Sensei

Re: Roping without delay!!! MOTHER OF GOD
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 12:34 PM »
I tried all possible combinations last night, and let's say i find one that works.
D3D9 (shader), first v-sync off, assisted vsync on, hardware cursors on, slow frontend workaround on.

Rope is not on 100% like with unchecked both vsyncs, but let's say it's on 70!
Laggs and freezes are reducted, but not entirely gone. While playin Big RR, noticed blury screen on the top of the monitor. Kinda f@#!ed up, but it's ok, can get used to it.
Just don't want to go back and rope on 50% again.

Hope you all find configurations that suits you the best.
Cheers!

Offline Godmax

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2016, 12:36 PM »
Only difference is cant minimize game with anything but shader shit thats it. There are no lags or sth unless your pc is DOGSHIT.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2016, 01:08 PM »
Or maybe there's a problem in graphics card?

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2016, 01:42 PM »
Yeah sorry Godmax, i've been singling you out for no reason recently jumping on the Godmax talks crap bandwagon...

I actually agree with you here, I think it's much better with Vsync on.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2016, 03:07 PM »
Luckily I have no problem on no matter the option I choose. It just comes down to what you feel most comfortable with.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline ANO

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2016, 07:50 PM »
Luckily I have no problem on no matter the option I choose. It just comes down to what you feel most comfortable with.

ye, if you have epileptic attacks, screen lags are perfect, B'huahuahuahuah BUIiIi

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2016, 11:09 PM »
its the new update with awful lags, delay and shit. but with shitty windows8 support. Had to leave worms because of that. previous version was a blast, perfect delay, speed and shit

Offline Anubis

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2016, 02:22 PM »
Just tested DirectDraw (32 and 8 ) compared to Direct3D (9) with and without VSync.

While DirectDraw does not add any latency whatsoever you can see small screen stuttering, an experienced roper will still be able to play on this without any disadvantage because you don't rely on the movement being smooth at all times, as long as there is no delay to your input you will be fine.

Direct3D without VSycn does not add any latency and the gameplay is smooth (if you can get high enough FPS, more on this later). This mode should be set by default because it is the best experience when it comes to roping. Direct3D with Vsync turned on with or without assisted Vsync will add a measurable delay to your input, I have tested it with PS/2 and USB and 4 different keyboards and it is always the same. You have to anticipate the delay and thus will have a weird feeling when roping. While any experienced roper can rope on anything (anticipation skills/ muscle memory) it significantly makes you rope worse if you are not used to it. Since having zero delay is preferred at all times this mode is the worst of the 3 options you can choose.

On to which Direct3D or DirectDraw to use:

On DirectDraw it does not matter as it does not increase or decrease FPS in-game at all.
On Direct3D you should pick the render mode that is the strongest in your machine. If your CPU is better than your GPU pick your CPU, and vice versa if your GPU is stronger pick your GPU. Stronger means which mode can render more FPS, to know this all you have to do is install Fraps for example and start W:A with it, it will display a yellow FPS number, check both modes and then pick the one that has the highest number.

If your PC can not get a stable 60FPS on Direct3D use DirectDraw, it will be less taxing thus increasing your FPS (Fraps can't measure the FPS though, because it does not know the API).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:33 PM by Anubis »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2016, 03:41 PM »
I've also done some researching, but not that much. Gj Anubis and thx for posting.

Btw, found out that program called Nvidia Inspector could help with this particular problem. If you turn vsyncs off, your fps is gonna get wild. From, 60 to 300 aproxx. With this program you could lower it on size that you want, so try to set fps same as your monitor refresh rate. Maybe it could lower laggs and freezes. Dunno, haven't tried it yet. But will soon.

Offline Rabbzz

Re: Roping without delay!!! MOTHER OF GODJust started testo
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2016, 03:53 PM »
Just started testing this. Should I be looking at my FPS in game or at frontend for the stable 60 FPS?

(edit)
Never mind. Using direct3d(9) shader with both v sync's off getting 300+ fps (using Anubis's tips). Roping looks much better than before.

My problems was old graphic card driver. Went to AMD website updated and got an extra 300 fps.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 04:32 PM by Rabbit »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2016, 04:48 PM »
My FPS is 1300+ with vsync off.  I think I might have experienced some lags though, I can't verify it because it might be my wireless keyboard.  For example, I press space bar and the rope shot fires 1 second later.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Free

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2016, 06:44 PM »
Wooow.. I've been playing with vsync on on this new laptop for almost a year xDDDDD Handicap.

Tried off and yeah it's more accurate, roping feels much better, coolness.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2016, 06:53 PM »
This thread helped everyone but me.. Haha :D

Btw, found out about little kb test. Try to write down "lazy fox jumps over quick brown dog" holding both shift keys.

This is what i get:
Y OX UMP OVER QUIC BROWN OG

Offline Anubis

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2016, 09:27 PM »
Someone should sticky it for future reference, roping is hard as it is when your new, might as well give the newbies the smoothest way into it if they decide to learn roping. Also, if DC/CS read this, W:A should by default render in D3D 9 Shader as it's very likely your GPU is the better part in a normal Gamer PC. I bet many ropers have missed their potential because they roped in gimped VSync Mode. :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2016, 12:47 AM »
I bet many ropers have missed their potential because they roped in gimped VSync Mode. :D

Vsync works better tho for most people.