Forums
May 06, 2024, 09:53 PM

Author Topic: So Fast Tappers  (Read 8037 times)

Offline Free

Re: So Fast Tappers
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 08:04 AM »
I love darkz fr <3 Looks so cool!

Dender's fr is fast too, but I'm not so sure about the control part. xD

Offline Maciej

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 10:02 AM »
applaud for MI
think about it dub... hahahahaha!
and before fr I used my index finger on space, I can't imagine it with thumb xD

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 10:37 AM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-29073/
look at 2nd Mablak turn. he have said that 'no fr there'.
:OOOOOOOOOOOOO is this posible????????
Of course, if you suck as roper, you will still suck using finger roll, but you will suck better, faster, harder and more creatively than ever before!

Offline Free

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2010, 10:56 AM »

Modded space reacts really fast if it's well modded.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2010, 11:10 AM »
You know like in a drum roll. You can't do it with one hand.
In fact, you can do as fast with one stick. .)

Edit: Omg MI, you're a genius ! From now, I'll train to press space with a drum stick (or something like that). :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 11:12 AM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline darKz

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 11:11 AM »

Modded space reacts really fast if it's well modded.

Yeah, I remember when I was at Anubis' house he had a modded keyboard with space being the only key on it.. He messed with the electronics and stuff, put paper under it etc and it reacted when you were breathing out on it. :D

Next time I'm there I'm gonna steal it from him, hiuehiueuiheihue porra.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2010, 03:23 AM »
applaud for MI
think about it dub... hahahahaha!
and before fr I used my index finger on space, I can't imagine it with thumb xD

f@#!, we already have had this argument lol. Not going to go through it again. Ok one more time. 1 finger taping @ 100 taps per second, or 2 fingers tapping at 150 taps per second, if you look at both peoples single finger, who is tapping faster? I've yet to see someone fr twice as fast as I can tap with 1 finger. Think about it again.

To each there own, I would never give any extra credit to anyone fr pretending to tap fast, but thats my own opinion.

Interesting note though, one of the fastest tappers and most consistent roper on w2 used his thumb to tap.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Devilage

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2010, 03:35 AM »
Using two spaces is cheat and I don't Fr luz4k :).

Smoking proud.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2010, 05:28 AM »
I myself, use 1 space, 1 finger. If someone asks me should I practice fr? I tell them, 1 finger gives you what you need. But fr is an style. Fortunately you can do a scroll with 1 shot of rope in the same time (or less) than going that space with million shots (doing fr or whatever).

To answer you Dub-c, in drum example, by practice if 1 hand CAN do X strokes on the drum, if you add the second hand, you can get a result of 2X speed.
On the keyboard, it is different. Theoretically you must be able to. But the point is, does your keyboard accept those many 'shots' and send them successfully? Even if it does, then you're gonna have wasted rope shots. Because many times it happens your rope is not yet attached to the wall, but you send another stroke to the game, which will be refused by game.

For example, try doing a wizard when your rope is a bit longer than it should be. If you do 3 fast strokes on the rope, the game accepts 2 of them and third one fails, so will your wizard. Other than that, how many times have you seen someone fails to do a shadow? they do the 3rd shot much fast that 'it doesn't count' by the game.

You are right though, the 1-finger tap is faster than 1 of each fingers in fr (In keyboard example)
even if someone have the ability to do each of his fingers taps as much as the other one, he gotta slow down to reach the game level acceptance of shots otherwise he'll have tons of wasted shots.

But why 'fast tapping' is more important than the tapping output result itself? Why do you care HOW people reached their fast taps? (Obviously my point is other than using-programs)
It is like caring how your car engine is managed. It is using 8v straight? or is it two 4v in parallel?

Other question to me is, I've never heard people calling moded-space cheating. Why is that? I've seen people call many styles of tapping cheating but moded-space?

We use different equipments. So basically we start off different. My space bar sensitivity is different than Ramone's space bar. The amount of space I have to push my space to get a shot is different than others. We all have a different roping performance with other people's keyboard!

The only way to solve the 2-space argument is that T17 enable remapping game control keys and put a link 'Assign another key to do this action'. e.g. 'Add another key for "space"'. ;)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:19 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2010, 10:34 AM »
applaud for MI, you have never used fr, but seems to be an old fr, experienced player.
For more game blocks you if you press 2 spaces at once.

Offline Rok

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2010, 10:48 AM »
...how many times have you seen someone fails to do a shadow? they do the 3rd shot much fast that 'it doesn't count' by the game.

Other question to me is, I've never heard people calling moded-space cheating. Why is that? I've seen people call many styles of tapping cheating but moded-space?

I even manage to tap too fast with my 1 finger tapping, sometimes :)

And yeah, calling a modded keayboard/spacebar cheating is ridiculous. It's like saying better and  more expensive football shoes should be forbidden and all football players should use the same model :)

applaud for MI, you have never used fr, but seems to be an old fr, experienced player.

Conversely, a common sense is just about enough for post like MI's, and he obviously have it a lot  ::)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Guaton

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2010, 02:40 PM »
lol

using 2 fingers to play is not a crime , isnt a big deal ...

i started my finger roll using 2 spaces and i dont think its cheat, cos u need time to control it. When i bought my USB kb i started to play with the space bar, and it was almost the same , got less taps but more control.

i use FR and im proud of it , dont have ultrataps ( dub has the same taps than me, or even more xD) but i dont care cos i pwn u all anyway xD.

Offline Csongi

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2010, 04:56 PM »
haha . word guaton  ;D
wena  :P :P
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2010, 02:12 PM »
FR + Rope control = win

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2010, 08:18 PM »
FR + Rope control = win