Forums
May 02, 2024, 07:39 PM

Author Topic: Team17 forums closing  (Read 3092 times)

Offline j0hny

Re: Team17 forums closing
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 08:18 AM »
very nice boards is much better ;)
If you wanna play cup or something, Im at the email: lukaszmok21@gmail.com sound on my phone.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) \(ツ)/ (╯°□°)

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 08:02 AM »
Team17 is just a shit company now. They're in their final death spiral, and I say good riddance.

Offline jsgnextortex

• JSG

• Argentina Argentina
  • Profesional Procastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 10:45 PM »
I'm so dissapointed at T17 right now...the forums were what connected devs with players for me...
Old T17 Forums Handle: JSGnext
Used to fool around on Worms4 Mayhem, Made some Binding of Isaac mods and some Worms Armageddon Terrains.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 11:48 PM »
It always annoyed me that Bethany called herself a "developer" but she probably couldn't even use a microwave. Her qualifications for getting hired at Team17 were "worked at a Gamestop for 2 years".

It is a shame the team17 forums are closing. There was 10+ years of history contained in the posts there. And the team17 forums were a great place to connect with the WA developers. Which is probably why they're closing the forums -- the WA developers just shat buckets all over the WRev staff and made them look utterly incompetent. For example Deadcode recently re-opened some thread about an extremely minor bug report from 2006 on the Team17 forums, with a 500+ word highly technical explanation of why the problem had occurred, including his own replays isolating the issue.

When someone from WRev does actually appear on the forums, they will either delete the post, copy their DxDiag message, ban the poster, or more likely some mix of the three. Or they will respond and just flat out lie and spin bs propaganda. But lately they don't even care enough to lie.

And now the next Worms game is being developed in secret with no suggestions/input from fans, probably on a compressed timescale for console release full of bugs with no time for testing/feedback just like the last half dozen games. I wish all their stupid casual console player customers would wake up and stop rewarding Team17 for systematically insulting its true player base, WA players.

Offline Husk

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 05:53 AM »
who the shit cares about new worms game? we r here to play wa

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 09:19 AM »

It is a shame the team17 forums are closing. There was 10+ years of history contained in the posts there. And

it's not the first time j03, remember these t17 forums that are closing down are the 2nd or 3rd time, the good big nostalgia posts were already lost in early 2000  :'(

as for new worms games, t17 is basically a games company going downhill, PC AND CONSOLE DISTRIBUTION > CONSOLE ONLY DIGITAL BUY > GAMES FOR PHONES. Their next step is f2p p2w web browser game.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 09:58 AM »
Their next step is f2p p2w web browser game.

Lol. Exactly that has already happened: https://apps.facebook.com/playworms/

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 04:19 AM »
Worms players keep interacting with each other, only now even more out of sight of T17. I gave Worms Reloaded a good go, but it became kinda sad. They could sell DLC with 46 additional achievements, but fixing notable bugs was too much for them. It'll be interesting to see how well their rehash of Superfrog does, though I'm not much of a fan of the original.

I see T17 is asking for beta testers for the next project, but I'm not sure if I'm interested enough to spend the effort.
x_+

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 05:03 AM »
Team17's beta testing process is a charade. Their release schedule is always too tight to address any problems/suggestions raised by the testers.

Offline Ashtar

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2013, 11:12 PM »
What will now be Deadcode and Cybershadow's main place to interact with players?

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 01:01 AM »
For the time being, it looks like here on TUS, although it'd be nice if the devblog sprung back to life sometime as well. The two of them are also regulars in the #worms IRC channel if that's your thing.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2013, 07:53 AM »
Here is what I like best about this shit sandwich of a company, their new support suggestion:

"Going forward we encourage you to interact with team17 by liking us on facebook and following us on twitter."

Because liking team17 on facebook is going to f@#!ing suddenly rectify whatever problems people are having with their shitty games.  At least Spadge had the good sense to get off the boat before his former company goes down in flames.