Forums
May 02, 2024, 02:31 PM

Author Topic: WA replay app?  (Read 1569 times)

Offline TheKomodo

WA replay app?
« on: June 27, 2015, 04:44 AM »
I was just wondering, would it be possible to make a WA replay app for an android phone making it possible to open replays and watch games on your phone?

I notice as all downloads you can either "open with" or "save file as", so I think it would be cool if it was possible to somehow make an app to play replays on your phone.

Obviously I know you must have WA installed to watch replays, just wondering if there is a way around this?

Offline Kangaroo

Re: WA replay app?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 05:11 AM »
I still have an old school nokia, so im not sure.  But im sure one of them windows phones would be able to install the full WA  and be able to play and watch replays.  Those windows phones are like little pc`s arnt they ?

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 07:09 AM »
Theoretically I think you would need W:A files on your android, then convert replay to gif or video and watch it.
Practically you will need an app to convert W:A replay file into gif/video ("Export Video..." function in pop-up menu)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:11 AM by Xrayez »

Offline Farco/Ghost

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 10:03 AM »
i'm pretty sure the developers could make an app for androids/Iphone/etc... but it might take a while.
For God so love the world, that he give his only begotten son, that who so ever believes in Him, putting their faith and trust on him, they will not go to hell or devil, will never perish and will have everlasting life.

I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 10:06 AM »
Source code or reverse engineering is required  ;)

Online Triad

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 11:39 AM »
I think about this for ages. I don't think converting is necessary. Just recoding W:A Engine to Android to run replays but it's not easy. And I doubt coders have time for it. If only Team17 cared about this game. <.<

Offline Anubis

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 04:36 PM »
Can't blame them when there would be only a few hundreds maybe using that feature. After all it's a company that wants to make money.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 05:07 PM »
I just got off the phone to M3ntal who works as an app designer, I asked him if it's possible to make an app for this, he said no.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 10:26 PM »
Here's a suggestion for the name of the replay app: "Wormywood Video". That would be a good name.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline darKz

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 11:00 PM »
Yeah that's an amazing name. Did you read the previous post?
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 03:03 PM »
Yeah that's an amazing name. Did you read the previous post?
I read it. Hopefully, somebody will make it.

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 03:10 PM »
I just got off the phone to M3ntal who works as an app designer, I asked him if it's possible to make an app for this, he said no.
Nothing is impossible but yeah, seems like it'd require whole lot of work to implement the idea.

Offline StepS

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 04:34 PM »
Playing a replay file and a real live game is basically the same. Implementing replay playback is almost the same as implementing the entire game, minus controls and networking.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:30 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Online XanKriegor

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 04:46 PM »
Yes, replay = map + commands.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 01:33 AM »
Why not just allow people to record replays as special video files called .WAVideo? It would be a format that would require a specialized app that could play it (although if it gets REALLY popular, VLC might be able to play it). It would be simple: Just record the screen and put in a few optimizations, and then put it into a video file, and voila! You've got your video file, ready to play on any device with the compatible codec!