Forums
May 01, 2024, 11:18 PM

Author Topic: Warmer community.  (Read 3172 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Warmer community.
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 11:03 PM »
Dunno, the style contest is in essence good, but it requires too much man-power in my opinion. There needs to be some automation in place where people can reliable decide what was "better". Of course that is not really objectively possible since many have a different view what is style. But if it would be possible to measure distance, velocity and obstacles crossed there could be a scheme that requires tricks for maximum "points".

Also: If we already can have a portal gun it shouldn't be any harder to determine if a pump was a pump, a shadow a shadow etc.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:09 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 11:15 PM »
Dunno, the style contest is in essence good, but it requires too much man-power in my opinion. There needs to be some automation in place where people can reliable decide what was "better". Of course that is not really objectively possible since many have a different view what is style. But if it would be possible to measure distance, velocity and obstacles crossed there could be a scheme that requires tricks for maximum "points".

Also: If we already can have a portal gun it shouldn't be any harder to determine if a pump was a pump, a shadow a shadow etc.
unrelated, i was talking on fos boards about old worms 2 cases ladder, i looked at the standings, and look who is active:  http://www3.igl.net:81/perl/find.cgi?path=worms2&svr=cgi1&ser=39224&ladder=worms2
Thats not the german supreme right?  He cant still be worming all this time on worms2?  I know your one of the few people that probably remember supreme, kai.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 11:24 PM »
If he had a big E at the end it would probably be him. E-mail is yahoo.com nothing German but that wouldn't be that unusual since I have .com too.
I can send him an e-mail if his name is Gregor. That's his real life name afaik.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 11:34 PM »

unrelated, i was talking on fos boards about old worms 2 cases ladder, i looked at the standings, and look who is active:  http://www3.igl.net:81/perl/find.cgi?path=worms2&svr=cgi1&ser=39224&ladder=worms2
Thats not the german supreme right?  He cant still be worming all this time on worms2?  I know your one of the few people that probably remember supreme, kai.

Inactive . . . . simply has a membership. The top 20's of both ladders rotate between the few people who bought memberships. Not the same person.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline avirex

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 11:35 PM »
wally, its not active !! lol you dont believe me?! :D

the only reason it says active in the past couple days is because every so often players get runged ranks for inactivity...

trust me, cases ladder has been dead for years, the only reason you see names on the cases ladder site to begin with is because the nerds payed for gold membership, and i dont think that supreme is the same supreme u guys are thinking of

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 11:36 PM »
wally, its not active !! lol you dont believe me?! :D

the only reason it says active in the past couple days is because every so often players get runged ranks for inactivity...

trust me, cases ladder has been dead for years, the only reason you see names on the cases ladder site to begin with is because the nerds payed for gold membership, and i dont think that supreme is the same supreme u guys are thinking of

Did I not just say that? lol
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 12:01 AM »
yeh i posted this right before you told me avi.  im pretty sure thats the same supreme though, sup was from worms2 before geddon.  Kai you should email him, his link is on there, you know german and shit.  Get him to join your warmer club, that guy was the titties at roping.

Offline Mayhem

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 12:14 AM »
I would be down for this.. Im in nbr and that is my roper community, but the way it looks this is just gonna be an #AG community? and i dont use steam anymore.. And i suck at the rope... But if you see my snooper in ag most of the time im there.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:12 AM by Mayhem »
BRING IT ON!!!!

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 02:52 AM »
I always host some warmers when I join to ag ; ( (rarely tho), well, I play warmers with another TaG's at least once a week.

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 07:38 AM »
It exist 54 Karoz people. xD maybe change to karoz_wa so I can find you. :D

Uhm, my account name is karoz but I use nick Dulek, perhaps try with Dulek then. ^^

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 09:40 AM »
there was an X-Style this year (couple of months ago? I can't remember).

And provided enough interest it shouldn't be hard to get another one going. I'm always down for judging, and Mablak and KRD should be easily convinced

there were talks of a Warming Community following b2b drama. But I don't think it fits. Warmers are by nature independent animals that when reaching legal roping age go on in their journeys to find their own style of the rope. Gathering them all together under the same roof sounds promising, and fun, but if Warming is anything like it used to be, and I hope principles have prevailed, then drama will soon arrive as trues Warmers, are, in essence, heroes of their own, not to be homogeneously put in the same box.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline ANO

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 09:57 AM »
It's my favorite scheme, I am non it D.
I'll add you on steam.
Usually I play after lunch or in the evening.

My steam is: santoano

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 07:36 PM »

And provided enough interest it shouldn't be hard to get another one going. I'm always down for judging, and Mablak and KRD should be easily convinced

there were talks of a Warming Community following b2b drama. But I don't think it fits. Warmers are by nature independent animals that when reaching legal roping age go on in their journeys to find their own style of the rope. Gathering them all together under the same roof sounds promising, and fun, but if Warming is anything like it used to be, and I hope principles have prevailed, then drama will soon arrive as trues Warmers, are, in essence, heroes of their own, not to be homogeneously put in the same box.

Well said ropa.
And that being said I hereby reject using steam. Call me a hipster if you like but I will follow my own path.

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline Anubis

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2012, 08:53 PM »

I am not sure, how can there exist drama if it's a scheme without rules. Look at elite, it's similiar in that regard I don't see them creating drama at all. Also, I have never met someone else when warming that was like: "You gotta do it like this". (And I have practically warmed with everyone that was/is interested in warming) In fact, warming is in essence chatting with eachother about other topics not related to roping. Warmer clans are dead, aliasing is dead, there is no fuel left for drama when warming.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:55 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline barman

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2012, 08:55 PM »
Anubis where did you go puto, 3 people were waiting for you D;
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best