Forums
April 28, 2024, 03:02 PM

Author Topic: What kind of things would you like to see in Worms Knowledge Base?  (Read 508 times)

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
What do you expect to see in the future of Worms Knowledge Base (worms2d.info)?

I would like to know what the community feels that the wiki is lacking. What could make the wiki better?

Particularly what I miss the most in the wiki is a list and description of all the existing rope tricks, or at least the most basic ones with gifs and definitions of each trick.

I think some weapon pages like Bungee page have almost nothing written there and there are a lot of things to write there.

I remember that Chicken and others suggested to create a timeline of everything about WA's history. That would be amazing.

Korydex recently made a page with the history of competitions in WA, but that page is hidden and not linked to other pages. Probably the page is still under construction. I hope to see that page linked and more detailed in the future.

I still want to see lots of schemes receiving articles there, there are many articles missing for the brilliant ideas from the community.

Anyone has something to suggest to make the wiki better?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 03:24 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
What do you expect to see in the future of Worms Knowledge Base (worms2d.info)?

Particularly what I miss the most in the wiki is a list and description of all the existing rope tricks, or at least the most basic ones with gifs and definitions of each trick. I think some weapon pages like bungee page have almost nothing written there and there are a lot of things to write there.

^ this, yes.

also, this part could be updated: https://worms2d.info/Schemes

https://worms2d.info/Scheme_ideas
^ this part is nice to exist but the problem with the style of listing things in this way is.. most people nowadays are too lazy and they might not take the time to scout thru everything, they simply lose interest after 10 seconds because nowadays people's brains are programmed for quick easily managable infos, like tiktok shorts. maybe this goddamn hella long list could be sorted in an easier and more "exciting" way to show what is what.

here is another example of what I meant:

writing the command "!help" and t hen this pops up. 9/10 reaction of random wormnet players is "f*ck man, I'm not going to read all that!" (as for me I like reading all these commands, and scheme ideas too to play new stuff :D)

it's a way of marketing, if you wanna get the full attention and make people feel excited, give them something shorter and easily programmable for their brains to be actually interested in sth.

Offline TheKomodo

Just unfortunately these days people have such an inconveniently short attention span.

When we started playing this game, there was no tik tok, or other deliberately addictive social media platforms.

We didn't have YouTube, Instagram or anything else...

You HAD to make the effort in those days for EVERYTHING you do in life, now people expect things to be handed to them because they were all born with a silver spoon!

There is nothing wrong with the UI of WA, sure it COULD be updated and COULD be easier to navigate, but the problem always has been and always will be the laziness of humans in general.

Offline Korydex

Korydex recently made a page with the history of competitions in WA, but that page is hidden and not linked to other pages. Probably the page is still under construction. I hope to see that page linked and more detailed in the future.
That's the page https://worms2d.info/List_of_past_competitions
I've added all the competitions I found there. Next step would be creating pages for every of the competitions.
I don't know where should be a link to this page. Maybe Community page but there are already some of these sites mentioned here

Btw this scheme should definitely be mentioned in the wiki somewhere ;)

Offline h3oCharles

for me, a place where internal discussions with WKB editors could occur (like a discord server...?)
sure, there's https://worms2d.info/Worms_Knowledge_Base:Contributing but idk what the priority levels and writing difficulties for all of them are
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 12:30 PM by h3oCharles »

Offline Free

Man, I would love to help but I don't remember shit from my career because smoked weed all the time

Offline TheKomodo

I should really write a BnG and Darts article for it...

Offline Woshee

• Banana Bomb Eater

• United States United States
  • Now with 100% less self-bullying!
    • View Profile
Add info about Gen 3 (Worms Open Warfare, it's sequel, Worms 2: Armageddon/Reloaded, Worms 3) and Worms W.M.D. Why? Mainly to screw over the fandom wiki.
Ports Speechbanks, Terrains from more recent Worms games, got a Community Fix implemented in Team Fortress 2, and a Writer/Creator of Ellie Tricy and the Others!